Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

You know, I wouldn't usually think I'd rejoice over scabies or carpet beetles...

(2 posts)
  1. freakinginsane

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Jul 16 2013 23:28:46
    #

Login to Send PM

First of all thank you again for helping me yesterday
    I suppose you know how much your comforting means to us, or BB survivors wouldn't come to this forum.

Like I mentioned earlier, my real phobia regarding bedbugs started before my husband got scabies. Although that experience left me pretty shaken up, my real phobia is still BB, but the scabies set off a bigger psychological problem. I am suffering from more mental trauma than I ever could have expected. Both my husband and I are getting bitten all over with more bites daily. I've searched and searched and had 2 home inspections.

Yesterday when I posted on the forum I didn't mention that I found a carpet beetle. I came across this in Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varied_carpet_beetle

It states that the allergic reaction to them could cause intense itching and welts that are mistaken for bedbugs. I don't see evidence of infestation in our clothes, etc, but we have tons of all kinds of bugs in this house on this heavily wooded property and they feed on animal hair, of which we have plenty.

I've also found another bug (yes, I find lots of bugs, but no bedbugs) that looked like a spider within a spider. Just like this one here:

http://www.whatsthatbug.com/2008/11/20/tropical-rat-mite/

Best comparable picture on the web is of a rat mite, but they say it's usually as small as a period at the end of a sentence. This one was bigger, more like a bird mite, I guess. I wish I had saved that one, but I flushed it. Why do I wish I had saved it? For a confirmation ID from an expert, to ease and soothe my mind.

I don't know if this is off topic but I find it oddly comforting to know that other bugs may be the culprit.

I suppose I should give up my bird feeder or else give up this bedbug phobia. One is easier to do than the other.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Jul 17 2013 3:11:47
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better today and you definitely came to the right place.

I can't remember if you mentioned this in your other post, but I hope you will consider seeking treatment for your phobia if you haven't yet.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,797 posts in 49,805 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991