Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Yet another Poop question

(8 posts)
  1. dunnoifBB

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Dec 16 2010 14:12:31
    #

Login to Send PM

A while back I posted a pic of what looked similar to BB fecal matter. I think David, & even KQ could not decide. So, my question is, Are there any other insects, or arachnids, that have a similar fecal dropping (that is known)? I can't fid any other signs of BBs and where I find these are no where near where any of us would sit for a long time. Like on the frame around the front door. The only time I have found this near my bed was today. Only four little drops. So, I started cleaning the WHOLE house again and again, found these same stains near the front door (one of the farthest spots from where I would suspect BBs). We do have lots of spiders, always have. Just a fact of life where we live. So, I am thinking that these could come from a spider??

2. soooconfused

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Dec 16 2010 15:31:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi. I'm no expert, but since I have been inspecting my house like mad, I have found similar tiny brown spots in the strangest places (window blinds, heating duct covers, window sills) and they do smear. I can't tell the size from your original pictures though. The PCO that had inspected my house a few months ago said they could be fly or some kind of flying insect poop. ???? I know I did have quite a few flies in my house this summer, so I guess it is plausible. I have also found a spider web under one of my kitchen cupboards and little black dots on the floor underneath, so I am assuming that was left by the spider that was living there. It's crazy what you can find in your home once you are actually down on hands and knees looking. If you have been looking for BB evidence for a few months and have not found any, hopefully you don't have them. Good luck to you.

3. nwreader

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Dec 16 2010 15:37:47
    #

Login to Send PM

I have found small numbers of spots on my blinds and windowsills that look like bb feces to me.
    Since I don't have any (other) signs of bedbugs, kitchen blinds are not likely the first spot for bedbugs, and I know the kitchen and windowsills have bugs around in the summer, I'm going to say, yes, other insects can leave these type of fecal signs behind.

4. dunnoifBB

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Dec 16 2010 15:46:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, at least I'm not alone. After finding the few near my bed. They were actually on the keys to a keyboard (the musical kind) that is under the bed (not an ideal spot for storage I know). I have taken it apart, like a month ago, and found dead spiders and a dead fly inside. I did not take it apart because I saw the little black spots. Today it was like one spot on one key and 2 or the spots on another. And they smeared. So, like I said, I flipped out again. Took my bed apart looked all around, nothing! I have calmed down TONS since bedbugs ever first came to mind. But, some days, I just revert! Though, I am entering my state of calm (post thinking about BB) currently. It is a blessing & a curse to have this site on these days. It can either get my mind going more or ease it! LOL

5. bestbugdeadbug

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Dec 16 2010 18:03:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, spiders do poop a lot. It's generally lighter than bed bug feces, and often times much larger (of course, this can depend on the size of the spider. But if you have a spot on a hard surface that is the size of an adult bed bug, it may be spider poop). Bed bugs generally poop near their harbourage sites. When spider poop is on walls, there's generally a trail. Spider poop can be orange, brown, white...

6. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Dec 16 2010 18:07:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Could even be fly feces. I don't recall the original post of the picture, can you provide a link to that? I'll give it another look and see what I can make of it.

7. dunnoifBB

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Dec 16 2010 19:58:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Here is the original post. I am trying to think of size, maybe the tip of a ball point pen, sometimes a tad larger or even a tad smaller. Those in the picture might have been a little larger. I have not found a dense grouping, no bugs or cast skins. I do have some kind of skin issue that look like bites, but red itchy, or mostly non-itchy for me, bumps mean nothing. Here is the link to the original post:
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/expert-opinions-please

Thanks KQ!

8. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Dec 17 2010 0:51:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry I posted the answer to the other thread by mistake. I'll paste below so you see it.

So this has now been a few months correct? If you are finding this type of evidence throughout the house, I would most certainly think you should find solid evidence in the bed.

The first picture I could feel comfortable saying is not bed bug related looking back.
    The last picture I could not say, but as I originally stated, if this is the only areas, I would discard this as evidence. Try and remember, "Bed bugs" not wall bugs, radiator bugs, end table bugs, etc. You know what I mean, if there were bugs there at this point, they would have shown themselves by now. I'd say you're fine.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,755 posts in 49,796 topics over 154 months by 21,795 of 22,260 members. Latest: insecureuser, o0liver19, Laura07