Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Yet another packtite question - white towel on the bottom?

(8 posts)
  1. kirads09

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Dec 8 2010 8:16:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Would it affect the functionality of the packtite to put a white towel or white pillow case on the bottom? I would like to see any evidence that I might catch down there easily.

Thanks.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Dec 8 2010 13:51:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I appreciate what you see as an advantage but I dont think the risks of it affecting the airflow in the PackTite justify trying it.

I have personally found it suffices to just tip the PackTite up so that anything in there falls to one corner and then looking.

Its also worth noting that I dont always find dead bedbugs in the unit post decon and only tend to see them where there were large numbers to start with. If a bedbug is down the spine of a book it may not fall out dead until it has been removed fromt he PackTite.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. kirads09

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Dec 9 2010 6:20:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you!

4. soooconfused

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Dec 9 2010 8:36:18
    #

Login to Send PM

This thread reminds me of a question I had about dryers. If you decon things in the dryer, would you find dead bugs in the dryer? Or do they just disinigrate into the lint trap? Just curious?

5. Grateful for Help

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jan 5 2011 12:45:24
    #

Login to Send PM

This thread reminds me of a question I had about dryers. If you decon things in the dryer, would you find dead bugs in the dryer? Or do they just disinigrate into the lint trap? Just curious?

I've been wondering about this, too...anyone know?

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jan 5 2011 12:48:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Someone recently reported finding a bed bug in a lint trap.

FYI - in future, please start a new thread if your question is unrelated. More people will see it, because the title will tell them it's about something new! Thanks!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  7. Grateful for Help

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jan 5 2011 14:05:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, Nobugsonme, I shouldn't have repeated soooconfused's question. I am new, and wasn't sure if posting new topics is worse than adding too many questions to an already established topic. Thanks for the 'moderation' (-;

8. jrbtnyc

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jan 5 2011 20:03:10
    #

Login to Send PM

kirads09 - 4 weeks ago  » 
    Would it affect the functionality of the packtite to put a white towel or white pillow case on the bottom? I would like to see any evidence that I might catch down there easily.
    Thanks.

Your question brings to mind a question for David James, the PackTite originator (if I recall correctly): could the PackTite be made of white or light-colored fabric instead of black?

There may well be some technical reason why black works best, because evidently David and his team did a lot of work and research developing the item, but it would be interesting to know the answer. And if the lighter colors are indeed doable, could an alternative PackTite be made available.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,776 posts in 49,800 topics over 154 months by 21,797 of 22,262 members. Latest: Laura07, n4mn3p, ireallydontwantbedbugs