Would you cancel a trip if you were dealing with bedbugs at home? +

(3 posts)
  1. Panicallday

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Jun 29 2016 17:45:52
    #

Login to Send PM

So I posted earlier and some of you may know my current woes. I have a trip coming up and I think I should cancel. It will be less than a week into bed bug treatment and I would be really upset if my best friends went home with these bed bugs or if I left them for a hotel guest. But maybe that's just me. I really worry about harming others in addition to my own bedbug worries. Part of me thinks it's irresponsible for me to go knowing that I'm dealing with this at home. My exterminator told me to go (I asked him lol) and he said that I would just need to put my clothes, bag, and shoes I'm bringing in the dryer and go have a good time. He told me to stop worrying so many times but it's bed bugs! I can't worry.

So, am I being ridiculous (you can tell me the truth lol) or am I being a good friend? Would you go? Or stay home?

2. BuggedOutInBoston

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Jun 29 2016 23:29:57
    #

Login to Send PM

I wouldn't go because I wouldn't want to leave the problem at home. I'd be thinking of all those eggs hatching. I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself. If you decide to go, I would tell your friends your situation and let them decide if they want to take the chance.

I really feel for you. We were in the same bug infested boat over the holidays last year. I didn't want to see anyone. It wasn't easy making excuses to not see loved ones over the holidays. We wouldn't even let my husband's adult children visit us. We had made a decision to not tell a soul. It was an awful time; still, we made it through, and haven't seen a bug since mid-January. I know it's hard to see the end of the tunnel, but believe me, this will end. *Gentle hugs*

3. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Jun 30 2016 5:29:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi. I can understand your anxiety. Though I never found what bit me, I was very concerned for my friends and family when I visited their houses. I have found this posted in FAQ (at least I think it was FAQ as I searched for it on the site. Read it to the end as it has a section written by Nobugsonme the site founder
    http://bedbugger.com/2006/11/02/faq-how-not-to-spread-bed-bugs-to-others-when-you-visit-their-homes/

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,690 posts in 50,016 topics over 155 months by 21,870 of 22,352 members. Latest: paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me, mrdinosaur