Would like second Opinion, am I wrong? [was about RTFFAQ, now Off Topic]

(36 posts)
  1. ItsJustABug

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2015 12:26:40
    #

Login to Send PM

A new thread to pick up where the old thread below was taken off topic .
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/laundry-pre-treatment

@Nobugs I hope I have done this correctly by the rules.
    I don't want to disrespect anyone & posted this because I feel respect is a two way avenue.

Nobugs:
    I appreciate the time all the professionals & none pro's here give to us less fortunate & less educated on the subject of their profession or experience.

I have seen layers,bankers, famous & blue collar works ,professionals ,the rich & the poor come unglued by the thought of having bb's at home an act or do stupid things. God blessed those whom can keep their cool & a level head.

When I came here I was distorted , sleep deprived & half bug nutty & alone.
    I posted a introduction ,this is what I've done . told my story as it says to, only to have replies like that , No help..
    If I had been up to reading the endless amount of links, rules ,info I would have ,I was begging for some one to step in & say Stop & do this, they did and they helped me. All I got from Winston as a newbie was RTFFAQ's so thank you I'm much better now ..

Some come here in a state of utter bewilderment & at wits end having spent some time on the roller coaster of do's & don'ts . Or just not getting detailed info & looking for it.
    God bless all dealing with trying to help them.
    Its like rescuing a drowning person without getting drowned by their panicked & irrational state of mind at the time. Its easier to have wisdom from a distance.

With all due respect to WOB & other professionals I have a question.
    Does writing under pseudonym, anonymously give anonymity to be rude & unprofessional to some one asking questions here?Asking for help? Posting our emotional logical fallacy for the world to see just for someone's help us. Does experience & education or the donation of time excuse professionals for rudeness in replies. It is voluntary that they chose to be here, our membership however is by necessity of needing help.

I don't think being an Expert is excuse for being rude to new comers , it's more likened to hazing or initiation, I think that dignity is to high a price to pay for free advice pro or not..
    PJB replied to me the same RTFFAQ by posting a copy of WOB's, & added smiley , like I don't when I'm laught at, but then he came back & help me a lot.
    David, BD ,PJB,LOU & Richard 56,Nobugs, and others just pulled beyond it.. I have my life back thanks to you'll.

I stand by my post with my head held high and my dignity intact..
    Sorry if I ruffed any feathers but RTFFAQ is a common reply to newbies & stressed posters. RTFFAQ is not on the menu here nor is it helpful to anyone other than the reply'r in my non expert opinion ..If you can't reply to a post with respect maybe you should pass on it!.

I apologize for taking that thread off topic, but It needed said by someone new here.
    I also regret not addressing it in my very first thread when I got the same reply from Winston.

I have given great praise to all the people who make this a awesome website, so no hard feelings Winston Ole Boy Aye!

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2015 13:16:47
    #

Login to Send PM

I've said far worse.

3. ItsJustABug

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2015 13:26:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Not to me & your being irrational has its shock value and you say it so respectfully ..Thanks

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2015 15:43:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Itsjustabug,

It's totally fine to start a thread about this and I replaced the "off-topic" note in the title with "[about telling others to RTFFAQ]".

The reason I did this is that while not on the topic of bed bugs, this thread is on the topic of the forums ("meta"), and also because the bracketed note helps others know what this thread is about. (Some don't read off-topic discussions as a rule.)

For anyone confused, RTFFAQ is a variation on RTFM, which Know Your Meme suggests may have evolved from WWII military lingo ("Read the Field Manual"). The "F" stands for something else these days, and the "M" is replaced by "FAQ."

See more on Know Your Meme

I understand that being told to RTFFAQ may make people feel bad and it did in your case. The other side to this which is that many people ask questions which are clearly covered in the FAQs.

Now on the one hand, I understand someone reading is tired, and under a lot of stress, and probably not even reading closely (the whole TL;DR thing we all do online at least some of the time.)

I also understand it's not always easy to find what you're looking for, and I've been planning to crop and condense the FAQs which should help.

On the other hand, people regularly ask questions which are answered in the FAQs. And the experts sometimes get understandably tired of writing the same thing over and over.

I've seen recent comments to "RTFFAQs", but I more usually see "Read the FAQs"-- and when it is "Read the FAQs", we've seen some users will also be frustrated or hurt by being told that, and yet, it's often other experienced users who themselves benefitted from the FAQs making the suggestion.

If I am reading you right, you're mostly objecting to the extra "f" there, is that right? If so, that may be helpful feedback for others.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2015 15:55:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Itsjustabug,

I also hope you will read my response in the other thread.

It's important to ask yourself where someone is coming from when they seem angry. When I read Winston's posts in that thread, I see them as compassionate for the OP, who is putting herself through so much "prep" which was not ordered by the PCO and which may harm her items and not help her.

6. ItsJustABug

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2015 18:53:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugs You are so intelligent it's scary ,,,lol ..I absolutely love your intellect ,whit ,perception, & yes you pegged me with a bulls eye here..:-)
    But on the other thread " I didn't mean any harm like name calling, I was saying the 2nd post was much nicer approach.. I wasn't picking on WOB, but the 1st approach.
    I said the same about David's approach being a rough beside manner not that long ago & he took notice, I've seen a difference in his style with people stressed out or unsure..the OP's first words were " I hope someone can help me out." That's how we all end up here at bedbugger.com
    So it winds down to projection, injection , perception and the complexity of reading emotion & intent in text.
    I get why you edit things & I am ok with your decisions.

Now on the other thread my

much better response honey ,thank you
    was a reply on his previous post I found condescending and a bit rude to the OP. I replied to his, as he posted ,that is as a pseudonym an anonymous name .so honey would not be disrespecting any more then dear.
    However when you dropped your post as to his professional capacity I move the whole thing to a new thread in respect of OP/rules . & to explain & or discussion of the topic created..
    I hope this some how is all clear because I am so tired today..

Q?..."If I am reading you right, you're mostly objecting to the extra "f" there, is that right? If so, that may be helpful feedback for others."

Answer: Yes it did appear to me as something totally disrespectful..I haven't been out much I guess. But I am not to proud to say having some light shined on the terminology of the abbreviation I stand not corrected but enlightened if you will..You are very kind.

There was no rudeness to the other thread till he posted & turned it around with 2nd post. On my be half the fact he used both FAQ & RTFFAQS in first reply to her gave me the impression its two different meanings & after you noted his due respect as a pro It looked even worse to me.
    I don't usually jump bad on anyone it's just so taxing to be new at all this. I understand it can be just as stressing to be on the other end of it as WOB is. Like David said groundhog day..
    I learn more every day and tons since I came here.
    I guess to sum it all up, we are all running with the bulls here..

Thank you Nobugs & I did check the other thread ,read your replies..
    I think some good could come from this thread for people new here or not hip on the million+1 abbreviations out there to be used..
    But if I had ask what is RTFFAQ it could be several diff meaning..
    Yes I have used go to FAQ myself with links to help posters while pro's are not logged in.
    Like I said no hard feelings Winston , I am sure its not the last time you'll have the opp to enlighten
    or edit ,me..

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2015 19:43:00
    #

Login to Send PM

ItsJustABug - 31 minutes ago  » 

But on the other thread " I didn't mean any harm like name calling, I was saying the 2nd post was much nicer approach.. I wasn't picking on WOB, but the 1st approach.
    So it winds down to projection, injection , perception and the complexity of reading emotion & intent in text.

I appreciate that you did not mean to call someone a name. I noted that if you had it was pretty mild.

I deleted the post after another poster in the thread noted it sounded "condescending and a bit rude" to Winston. There are contexts in which saying "honey" is no different from saying "dear." Tone is hard to read online. However, calling a stranger "honey" or "dear" when you're annoyed at them (or have been) is usually not a term of endearment, and I did "hear" it as the other commenter did.

Now on the other thread my

was a reply on his previous post I found condescending and a bit rude to the OP. I replied to his, as he posted ,that is as a pseudonym an anonymous name .so honey would not be disrespecting any more then dear...
    There was no rudeness to the other thread till he posted & turned it around with 2nd post.

I understand you found Winston's first post to be rude. I can see how it could be read that way. But try reading it as if he is clearly expressing frustration that the OP (original poster) in the thread was not listening to her PCO's instructions. She was assuming the PCO did not know what he was doing, when as Winston pointed out, she was doing something inadvisable which the PCO did not require.

It can be painful to watch people get frustrated by doing prep they don't need to do and which may damage their stuff.

Again, it comes down to intention. Was Winston's intention to help the OP? Yes, clearly to me it was.

I think some good could come from this thread for people new here or not hip on the million+1 abbreviations out there to be used..
    But if I had ask what is RTFFAQ it could be several diff meaning..

I agree, it's a worthwhile discussion. Note that if someone uses an abbreviation you don't understand, you should feel free to ask.

8. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2015 20:52:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Itsjustabug, you continued this discussion in the original thread, but I am moving your post and my response here so as not to clog up that thread with this discussion which is now about moderation:

ItsJustABug - 1 hour ago  » 
    ItsJustABug - »
    Nobugs
    "Maybe it's just me, but I found that condescending and a bit rude to a professional and expert that participates here, is that how you meant it?"
    Nope it wasn't my intent at all..I don't see why you would edit that out & yet quote it leaving it up other than censorship based on taste.
    secondly , I didn't see it as name calling it a term of endearment such as Dear, sweetie, hun ,honey bebbe ,habbe , I can list it in 28 languages. I don't wish to go head to head with you I only have a GED, and respect your the Admin & creator of this site. I have awesome admiration for you. But name calling really? It could be construed as a dignity issue in my profession when used with elderly, just as a nick name can be like pappy.
    But name calling ok its your rules but I feel it was a stretch.. I get your point. I'll behave myself & WOB is unapproachable . Am I wrong?

9. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2015 20:53:37
    #

Login to Send PM

My response:

ItsJustABug - 58 minutes ago  » 
    ItsJustABug - »

Nobugs
    "Maybe it's just me, but I found that condescending and a bit rude to a professional and expert that participates here, is that how you meant it?"

Nope it wasn't my intent at all..I don't see why you would edit that out & yet quote it leaving it up other than censorship based on taste.

secondly , I didn't see it as name calling it a term of endearment such as Dear, sweetie, hun ,honey bebbe ,habbe , I can list it in 28 languages. I don't wish to go head to head with you I only have a GED, and respect your the Admin & creator of this site. I have awesome admiration for you. But name calling really? It could be construed as a dignity issue in my profession when used with elderly, just as a nick name can be like pappy.

But name calling ok its your rules but I feel it was a stretch..

You misquoted above; it was AbsolutelyFreaking who commented on your "honey" post, not me:

AbsolutelyFreaking - 7 hours ago  » 
    Maybe it's just me, but I found that condescending and a bit rude to a professional and expert that participates here, is that how you meant it?

Itsjustabug,

You say you meant "honey" as a term of endearment, but I am sure you have seen situations in which the tone makes it something else. That's how some people have read it here.

You also said,

I get your point. I'll behave myself & WOB is unapproachable . Am I wrong?

No, you're completely missing the point.

Winston is not "unapproachable" because he's an expert. He doesn't violate any forum rules in his post in the other thread.

Your "honey" post seemed like a jibe at Winston. AbsolutelyFreaking thought so and pointed it out and I have to agree it seemed designed to jibe at him.

The difference I am trying to get you to see is that I don't think Winston was trying to fire at the OP. I don't see his intention as trying to be uncivil to the OP. He said,

Why in the world would you wash your boots in the washing machine. Please read the FAQs on how to deal with items like that. "The PCO did not tell me to launder my shoes just my clothes but he is definitely not a reliable one" well he or she is reliable enough to tell you not to wash your boots! RTFFAQS

He's communicating that boots shouldn't go in a washing machine, and that the OP's complaint about her PCO steering her wrong is not correct at least in regard to the boots.

Getting frustrated or disagreeing with what someone does is not the same as being unkind.

Did you ever watch Dr. Phil? You know his "What were you thinking?" That's very much how I read this. Yes, the RTFFAQs may be seen as rude, especially by people who aren't aware of the term, but I can see Winston's overall purpose here is not to make someone feel bad but to set them straight. Like I said, you can read it as tough love.

I note that you seem a lot more troubled by the post than the OP did.
    I also note that you did not flag Winston's post as violating any forum rules.
    If anyone has a concern about others' posts, please email me directly.

10. bedbugsuptown

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2015 21:39:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugs--dear to my heart,

Writing sentences containing '--' in order to connect more than a thing or two in a single sentence was something I picked from you, dear writer and happy to post 'friend of mine'. As it happens I've been out of the loop since early Thursday evening. A death in the family....no cause for concern. The deceased had a fine life--no regrets, lived to see her 90th birthday, suffice to say all's well that ends well, period.

Today is Fat Tuesday--Mardi gras in N. Orleans, For anyone with a christian formation/orientation or otherwise, it is an opportunity to kick back; enjoy drinks and celebration whilst wearing beads--red and green in combination. My hunch Nobugs, you know that.

Only detail I might add regards my moms. Age wise, Moms been round the block and then some. I'm her only daughter. For what it's worth, being the only female in a male dominated environment cost me some. Having just returned home and dodging the next bullet what I'm struggling to communicate is that Mom's, master manipulator that she attempts yet fails to be has attacked again. Due to her advanced age I'm dashing this off cuz I've allowed her to drag me back t o her place because she claims "I cannot be alone tonite......" She's got no computer. I'll get back to you, well, hopefully sooner than later. In the meantime, tell 'em all to zip it or bend over.

Stay in touch, / later gator and here's to hoping that I'm makeng some kinda sense schooiting my regular.

Sisam/ BBi, sigh!

11. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2015 23:01:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh my, I am sorry for inadvertently creating this abstraction. First off I do not use an alias to be rude but rather in that it affords me an opportunity to comment freely devoid of certain affiliations which might otherwise limit my comments, and certainly not to facilitate anonymous sniping or rudeness. I like many others, although to a lesser extent recently in regard to this blog, have spent a lot of time sharing what I have learned in regard to battling bed bugs, which continues to be a work in progress. I imagine that as with a few of the people who contribute their expertise a certain amount of ego may slip through from time to time however at least in my case it has never been meant as a personal attack, and if it was perceived that way please note it was never to the best of my knowledge continued as a sustained attack but rather as a single off the cuff comment. On the other hand I do have a problem with people who show up and want immediate answers without doing a certain amount of research on their own, people who feel entitled to others time just because they have bedbugs, those who advance uninformed dangerous solutions, people who further the anxiety of others because misery likes company and people who persist as part of the problem and not the solution. I have spent time in offering advice and for the most part practical information for many with a few exceptions for people who fit into the aforementioned catchment, do so with the best intentions. To those whose written actions testify as to an issue with their reasoning ability my aim is course correction and not humiliation. Also please understand that sometimes the linear words do not fully convey their intention, on the other hand I have certainly held back on occasion over the years. It is not a perfect world. Finally please do not waste anymore time on WOB and his RTF whatever, because it only makes the bed bugs laugh. Have a great day......... Winston out.

12. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Feb 18 2015 11:34:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for your post, Winston.

13. ItsJustABug

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Feb 18 2015 15:02:35
    #

Login to Send PM

I also thank you for your post Winston.
    Sorry I caused such a stink here because I spoke up on some thing I felt was out of balance.
    I have been wrong more than once :-)..
    I'm trying hard here today not to beat a dead horse , yet squashing my thoughts however poorly expressed before ,isn't easy for me.

@ WOB & everyone else involved.

I get what you said ... "The alias affords me an opportunity to comment freely devoid of certain affiliations which might otherwise limit my comments, and certainly not to facilitate anonymous sniping or rudeness."

On the same hand if I felt a reply was frustrating & didn't get the same opportunity to comment freely devoid of certain limitations due to your professional status here. Is not balanced & make you unapproachable to me.
    Saying to you "That was a much nicer reply honey,thank you." I simply stated your 2nd reply was much softer ,nicer then the 1st. ,. it was an acknowledgement of endearment opposite tough love, not sarcasm.
    Anyone having read my post & replies can see when I oppose anything pro related it beings "with all due respect" ,not sarcastic,condescending ,or intentionally rude certainly not the way Abs & Nobugs took it. But they know you & don't know me.
    Some see nothing wrong with RTF- FAQ some do.
    I was just confident or arrogant enough to says its offensive, rude to me. The know you meme as I understand it confirms basically what I thought it to be.
    Because I posted & the OP didn't speak up doesn't mean it was ok with them or unnoticed, often people will squash thoughts not to risk loosing the helpful advice..
    I read Know Your Meme ,..It maybe linked to WWII , has been altered in later generations to fit their need, doesn't make it a professional or popper response, many terms used in WWII have been outlawed or ban 75/85 yrs later as non-politically correct thing to say. the current internet slang was interpreted as I thought it was.
    Lastly I did mistakenly quote Abs reply to you Nobugs, i stand corrected
    I still have a lot to learn about computer & internet use, social edacat & bedbugs..
    Peace Out Everyone

14. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Feb 18 2015 23:12:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Itsjustabug,

Note that I never said you were "wrong". In fact I said I understood where you were coming from, but also where Winston might be coming from. I was trying to help you to see some other perspectives also.

You've each expressed your points of view now, and I am not sure what else is warranted at this point?

You haven't been on the forums very long but I have often deleted things written by experts. I try to be fair. You suggested I took Winston's side over yours but that's not how I see it. From my perspective I am trying to implement the forum rules. At the same time, things aren't black and white -- I have to make a lot of judgment calls in the course of a day, and I'm just doing the best I can.

15. ItsJustABug

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Feb 19 2015 12:59:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugs:
    I am appreciative of the opportunity to be here & for that I thank you seriously :-)..
    Every thing you said is fair enough.
    From what I've seen on the forum at times people do clash
    on opinions, personalities ,ego's,knowledge, an opinions. An on occasion have a down right heated debate with some miss-understanding too..
    Maybe given the time & opportunity to reply to Abs , I could have expressed my intent by answering her question on OP thread, doing Winston & myself justice in the end.
    I don't feel you took any sides , I do think the rule of civility as is, could be considered vague on name calling .Unless I missed something more than this...

Netiquette and the customs and culture of this community

Civility

Please do be civil to others. Attacking ideas is okay, attacking people is not. It should be obvious that calling others names is not permitted.

Maybe the use of "honey" was not good web etiquette for a newbie & I don't think it fits in name calling category either..I didn't see it as an attack on him, just the idea of use of a term , the same way honey was seen by others, you see I do get it

Its a bugger stand off & bb's get the last laugh as WOB said..:-)..
    I do however think you do one heck of a good job here..
    I'd like to be known some day as an asset to the website, not just an ass ,lol 8).
    An Please Have A Awesome Day !! Godbless , an yeah this is a dead horse issue

16. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Feb 19 2015 13:19:08
    #

Login to Send PM

[sarcasm]

Heated, around here, surely not. I cant begin to think what you mean unless there is a well referenced FAQ on the subject or ABs does a "mega quote post".

[/sarcasm]

It is actually a reflection of the leading edge nature of the forum that things will from time to time get headed. That and the simple fact there may be 1% of the time I could possibly be wrong although I cant actually recall the last time that happened.

Its part forum, part pressure cooker and something of unique place in terms of the internet.

Like fine wine it has matured over the years and I am sure if you look back at the early posts of most people they are more cringe than useful tomes to be thrown around the internet.

As an aside I too use "RTFM" but mainly in the field when I am being asked questions from people who have had the guidance and benefit of a bespoke decontamination plan drawn up for them. Its easier that reciting comments about horses and water.

There is also the reality that from the experienced user and professionals perspective we are rarely given a pristine fresh canvas online and many peoples "9th good idea on fixing the problem" completes our top ten lists of what not to do. Its a bit like always taking on jobs that others have accidentally messed up first, its a lot harder than being the one that gets it right the first time.

It's why its always easier to ask for confirmation and be clear that offense was meant rather than "taking it and running with it" when non was intended. Being a somewhat larger than life character I am used to that one which is why I try to be super clear when I mean to be offensive although I do try to keep within the AUP.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  17. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Feb 19 2015 14:04:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear Master Cain,

bed-bugscouk -  » 
    It's why its always easier to ask for confirmation and be clear that offense was meant rather than "taking it and running with it" when non was intended.

Was offense meant?! :

bed-bugscouk -  » 
    [sarcasm]
    . . . . or ABs does a "mega quote post".
    [/sarcasm]

Abs
    xo

18. ItsJustABug

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Feb 19 2015 14:16:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Good point, a few days late & dollar short ,but good point.
    Thanks for chimin in David.

19. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Feb 19 2015 14:57:45
    #

Login to Send PM

ItsJustABug - 35 minutes ago  » 
    Good point, a few days late & dollar short ,but good point.

This from the user who is still flogging a dead horse?

(Just kidding, seriously!)

Itsjustabug,

Thanks for your very kind words about the forum. You're most welcome here.

I am not interested in defending my moderating decision further on the forums but will engage with anyone on this via email if desired. Suggestions for revision or clarification of the forum rules are always welcome, though it is probably impossible to compose anything not needing some interpretation.

20. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Feb 19 2015 14:58:46
    #

Login to Send PM

If I had of jumped in at the time you would have most likely taken it the wrong way which is why I don't always comment on a thread.

David

21. ItsJustABug

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Feb 19 2015 15:33:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugs:
    I tried to close the thread with

Then there was David..
    the thread :It's like a bb It just won't die .

I 'm good with your decision on edit & didn't ask you to change a thing or defend the moderating decision , It's all history ,as is :-)..
    Like I said I am appreciative to be here.
    I was just acknowledging Davids post. Thought I should since I started the thread.

David
    I'm going to check out an example of Abs mega quote post ,I think I found with
    dead.bugs http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/hello-my-name-is-jerry-and-i-have-bedbugs
    Abs is truly amazing!

22. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Feb 19 2015 17:58:33
    #

Login to Send PM

ItsJustABug -  » 
    Abs is truly amazing!

Aw shucks, you're just say'n that because it's true! LOL!

Waaaait a minute . . . . Was that sarcasm ItsJustABug?!

(Seriously, that was sweet of you to say, thank you!)

23. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Feb 19 2015 20:17:45
    #

Login to Send PM

ItsJustABug - 4 hours ago  » 
    Nobugs:
    I tried to close the thread with

Then there was David..
    the thread :It's like a bb It just won't die .
    I 'm good with your decision on edit & didn't ask you to change a thing or defend the moderating decision, It's all history ,as is :-)..

Just to be clear, when I said I did not want to defend the moderating decision further and mentioned flogging a dead horse, I was referring to your previous post where you seemed to still be revisiting the "honey" debate.

Anyway, yes, moving on is good!

Poor horse.

24. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Feb 19 2015 20:48:02
    #

Login to Send PM

AbsolutelyFreaking - 2 hours ago  » 

ItsJustABug -  » 
    Abs is truly amazing!

Aw shucks, you're just say'n that because it's true! LOL!
    Waaaait a minute . . . . Was that sarcasm ItsJustABug?!
    (Seriously, that was sweet of you to say, thank you!)

I don't know about the original poster, but....

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  25. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Feb 19 2015 20:49:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Do you think hot steam alone will kill this thread or do we need to add Temprid SC?

26. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Feb 19 2015 22:15:15
    #

Login to Send PM

My hijacking techniques are rusty

27. ItsJustABug

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Feb 20 2015 10:37:06
    #

Login to Send PM

@Abs
    You could start your own help & how to ,tutoring services , something like
    Abs mega multi quote posting for newbies.. :-).
    I'd take a class!! I still haven't figure out how to post a quote in a quote yet..

Seriously ,your reply to Hello I'm Jerry ,was quite impressive!...
    Was that sarcasm ? Nope just a cross eye three legged horse

Richard: I wont even go there I'm not an expert but no its not a bite reaction!!,,,

28. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Feb 20 2015 12:28:27
    #

Login to Send PM

[sarcasm]

If only there was an FAQ to point people to that explains the principles and practices of multi-quoting with a preface to help people understand why they have been forwarded to it so as to ensure that no-one can take the message the wrong way (OK horse now has just 2 legs left).

[/sarcasm]

We have tried a few options of "how to help us help you" but with the differences in styles its often easier to wait to see how gels with who.

David

29. ItsJustABug

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Feb 20 2015 13:07:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks David for the heads up & info.
    My newbie quoting short cut , your last post goes here "--------" ..
    It looks to be a stick horse now , no leg to stand on! poor horse
    I'll go read FAQ , practice every thing & then return.
    Catch you'll in about 6 months, keep safe & be well..

30. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Feb 20 2015 13:24:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Richard56 - » 
    Do you think hot steam alone will kill this thread or do we need to add Temprid SC?

Richard56, You might also throw around some CimeXa (for the cracks and crevices) just to be on the “safe” side!

ItsJustABug -  » 
    @Abs
    You could start your own help & how to ,tutoring services , something like
    Abs mega multi quote posting for newbies.. :-).

Ha! I write my posts in Word . . . because it takes me so long to get my freak’n thoughts composed! (Copy and paste Ma’am, copy and paste!)

bed-bugscouk -  » 
    [sarcasm]
    If only there was an FAQ to point people to that explains the principles and practices of multi-quoting with a preface to help people understand why they have been forwarded to it so as to ensure that no-one can take the message the wrong way (OK horse now has just 2 legs left).
    [/sarcasm]

Dear M. Cain . . . could you pretty please delete the <sarcasm> button from your keyboard?! Sarcasm does NOT become you Sir! LOL! (pssst, ItsJustABug, I believe Sir Cain is insinuating he does not like my “mega quote” posts!) What the What, Right?!

theyareoutthere -  » 
    I don't know about the original poster, but....

. . . well as to you Miz Thing TAOT . . . . pfffft!

31. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Feb 20 2015 14:22:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Richard56 - »

Freakin: You might also throw around some CimeXa (for the cracks and crevices) just to be on the “safe” side! :-
    ------
    Then maybe throw whole thread in PakTite for a few days and then set fire to it

32. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Feb 20 2015 14:42:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Richard56 -  » 
    Then maybe throw whole thread in PakTite for a few days and then set fire to it

Well there is the whole microwave testing thing going on . . . . even as we speak . . . perhaps we should wait and see how that all pans out?!

33. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Feb 20 2015 16:43:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Freakin: Well there is the whole microwave testing thing going on . . . . even as we speak . . . perhaps we should wait and see how that all pans out?! [8O]
    ------------------------------

Good point! Jerry is teaching us so many things!

34. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Feb 20 2015 17:43:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Richard56 -  » 
    Freakin:

Seriously Richard56?! LOL . . . but Seriously??!

35. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Feb 20 2015 23:33:20
    #

Login to Send PM

And now I have added the "off topic" branding.

36. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Feb 21 2015 0:01:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Richard56 - »
    Freakin:

Seriously Richard56?! LOL . . . but Seriously??! [:lol:]
    ---------------------------------------------

Where is spell check when you need it

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,734 posts in 48,881 topics over 151 months by 21,459 of 21,861 members. Latest: NHbugs, nervousbackpacker, SimpleObserver