Would Infestation be obvious after 3 weeks

(7 posts)
  1. Thebiggerbug

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon May 28 2018 8:01:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Found 1 unfed female 3 weeks ago on May 5th, would there be obvious signs by now May 28th? Neither me or the PCO that visited on May 24th can find evidence of more. No idea when introduction happened so I go from the day I found her.

2. Thebiggerbug

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Tue May 29 2018 15:13:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Anyone?

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Thu May 31 2018 10:20:00
    #

Login to Send PM

That would depend on the thoroughness of the inspection. At three weeks it is possible to miss some signs.

4. Thebiggerbug

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Sun Jun 3 2018 9:05:44
    #

Login to Send PM

It jas now been 4 weeks and still no signs, as for the thoroughness I watched the last PCO on May 24th search the mattress and a closet, he assured me that if I truely had not treated or moved anything ( I have not), that there would be no way evidence would not exist and be visable on either mattress, he actually said by 3 weeks there would likely be enough that not only evidence but actual bugs would be visible. I continue to inspect mattresses daily and have not found anything, I am mostly looming for fecal spots as I imagine they should be visable by now. Am I safe? How long until I can say I'm clear? I am aftraid to let my guard down, that I will miss something, this is taking a toll on my health and relationship. Advise?

Recap: found 1 unfed female May 5th (today os June 3rd) no other bugs, bites, casings or fecal traces ever. Professional inspections, daily inspections by me, zero treatments diy or professional.

5. Mf1616

Posted 5 months ago
    Sun Jun 3 2018 9:21:21
    #

Login to Send PM

I would suggest getting a passive monitor (or making one) for peace of mind.

For the record, I am NOT an expert.
    My advice/opinion comes from past experience(s) with bed bugs and what I have read on-line.
  6. thirdusername

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Jun 4 2018 3:12:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Do you live in an apartment?
    Where was the bug found?

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  7. Thebiggerbug

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Jun 4 2018 17:27:51
    #

Login to Send PM

I live in a single family home, it was found running across the carpet of a bedroom. It has been 30 days, 3 professional inspections and daily inspections by me, zero treatmemt professional or diy.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

281,339 posts in 46,777 topics over 142 months by 20,640 of 21,523 members. Latest: Anon_StillTheyCome, Anna_nobugs, Katie10m10