Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Worried i brought bbs with me to my mom's!!

(3 posts)
  1. Nitocris

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Mar 16 2016 9:54:04
    #

Login to Send PM

So a month ago, my apartment had a minor bb infestation (never had more than a couple of bites and a couple of fecal stains). My landlord was very good about sending over a PPM immediately -- Smithereen, apparently one of the best in Chicago. They found eggs in my bed frame, so they treated my apartment (steam and pesticide, not sure which one). None of the apartments touching mine had any sign of problems when inspected. Smithereen came back two times since the initial treatment and inspected. They did not find anything either time, and did not spray.

This past Thursday, The morning after their last visit last week, I saw what I thought was maybe a new fecal stain and freaked out. I was told to wait it out and see if I saw any more signs before. I calmed down and haven't seen anything since.

Fast forward to this morning. Yesterday, I flew across the country to visit my mom for 2 weeks. I woke up today to find a suspicious mark on my sheets (not sure if it's something that was there all along) and a "bite" on my earlobe. The bite is different from the ones I had before. The earlier ones were big itchy welts on my legs. This new one is small and painful rather than itchy.

I am really hoping that I'm freaking out over nothing. I took everything possible precaution before leaving my apartment yesterday. Everything I brought with me had either been through the dryer or through my packtite, and was bagged in plastic. Nevertheless, I am still freaking out!! What is the likelihood that I somehow brought BBS with me? What more should I be looking out for/doing?

2. Nitocris

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Mar 16 2016 9:55:51
    #

Login to Send PM

I should add -- nothing in my apartment has been unbagged at all.

3. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Mar 16 2016 13:55:29
    #

Login to Send PM

I am not an expert but it may be a bite from a few days ago that has only just come up. A lot of people say that they only react after a couple of days. Also people report that the bites vary in intensity and size on different parts of the body

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,818 posts in 49,813 topics over 154 months by 21,802 of 22,268 members. Latest: MrBedbug, Pioneer47, laurabedbugs