Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Worried! Chances of this causing infestation? Lease is up soon.

(3 posts)
  1. FreakedOutRenter

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Sep 7 2019 16:26:09
    #

Login to Send PM

About six months ago people from ResCare (a worker even mentioned possible bedbugs) moved into the apartment building in front of mine. They were recently evicted and the neighbor who shares a wall with their unit noticed three bite marks in a row on her stomach yesterday. She's had bed bugs in the past at a different apartment so she's pretty familiar with the bites. Well, a few weeks back that same neighbor with the bites wanted me to store some items for her in the basement that is completely unfinished below my apartment. These items consisted of two children's bikes, two helmets, and one small pink tote of toys. Those items were kept there for about 2 or 3 weeks and she just got them back yesterday. The basement area can only be accessed from an outside door and my unit is on top of it. Kind of like a garage apartment. Also, the dumpster that the rescare items are being thrown away in, is right behind my building. I am about to moved because my lease is up Tuesday. Is there a chance I could have them because of the items that were stored here, or maybe something could have fell off her when she got them back, or possibly because the dumpster is soo close? Should I avoid bringing anything to my new apartment and start fresh? If, I were to get BBs I would not be able to afford to treat at all and wouldn't want to bring them to a new place. Thanks!

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Sep 7 2019 23:13:29
    #

Login to Send PM

I wouldn't be concerned in the least. It's amazing the wealth of "information" out in the world at the moment, modern day fairytales.
    Those items pose no threat, and the three bites myth is just that, a myth.

3. FreakedOutRenter

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Sep 8 2019 9:39:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, she had them before at a different apartment in the past and knows how her body reacts to bites/what they are like/ look like on her. Also, a rescare worker confirmed the presence of BBs in the apartment. So, let's say that are BBs for sure. I wouldn't need to worry about what was stored or the dumpster stuff? Even if some may be on those items? Thanks

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,942 posts in 49,856 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19