Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Worried about this company

(4 posts)
  1. Tim m

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Aug 15 2017 11:46:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey all so I'm having my treatment done on the 18th. Heat and some kind of border spray. The company thats doing it (not going to mention) has stopped by one time so far to make sure my end of the prep work is going along fine. Today is the last stop over to make sure I'm ready for Friday. My issue is the first stop went kind of Rocky I have a huge collection of video game statues that can't handle the heat so I put everything in totes. I left the totes in the room. When I asked him what I should do he said put it all in my basement. I gave him a weird look because all of the statues were on a huge bookcase type shelf I asked him what if bed bugs got into it or on the statues he just gave me this blank look and changed the subject. Kinda stumped on what to do.

2. Tim m

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Aug 15 2017 13:38:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Just had my final visit 20 minutes ago he said everything looked great and I'm ready for treatment on Friday. It was the same guy again and when asked again he said put it all in the basement I know he's the "pro" but it doesn't sound like a good idea too me. And it's not just a few totes it's also totes full of toys 3 bags of stuffed animals that I couldn't run in the dryer do to having motors in them. I have done my best to look at everything in the totes and bags but if I missed anything I could end up back to square one. And I can't afford to treat again. This is so tressful and it's not a small mom and pop company it's a huge company that deals with all of NY. I was told I have a light infestation am I just being way to paranoid?

3. nomorebuggs

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Aug 15 2017 16:19:53
    #

Login to Send PM

You can seal the figures and other items in *airtight* bins or storage bags (dont vaccuum seal them) along with DDVP strips. DDVP is a pesticide that offgasses from thick strips, but it must be sealed airtight. Its an organophosphate, so use with caution. Search ddvp, nuvan and hot shot strips for info on how to use them safely. It's how I treated my books and electronics when I moved.

Not an expert. Any advice I give is information gleaned via anxiety-fueled research of credible sources and expert posts here. Please research all advice before treating and consult a professional.
  4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Aug 15 2017 22:07:17
    #

Login to Send PM

More on DDVP here:
    http://bedbugger.com/usefultools/#ddvp

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,399 posts in 50,188 topics over 156 months by 21,933 of 22,434 members. Latest: Kimmmie46, esedndwi, Help123