Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

worried about the chemicals your PCO is using?

(2 posts)
  1. gonebuggy

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu May 8 2008 15:54:10
    #

Login to Send PM

I have a toddler and am an organic eater, so I had a huge freakout after my PCO sprayed my place with horrible-smelling chemicals.

Here is what I learned:

-Ask specifically what your PCO is spraying - the brand name and active ingredient. (Mine was Onslaught.)
    -Google the brand name and read the label. Find the active ingredient. Look at what specifically it can be sprayed on (many specifically should not be sprayed on mattresses - my now-former PCO sprayed my mattress). Look at how often it can be sprayed (my now-former PCO wanted to spray again in 7 days, when the label says to wait 2 weeks minimum).
    -Look up the active ingredient on http://www.beyondpesticides.org/gateway/index.htm and decide how you feel about it.

2. Buggybumpers

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri May 6 2011 23:40:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I have had already had six sprayings and I don't even know what chemical the PCO is using. He deals with the manager and not me. All I know is it smells awful. Now I am due for another on Monday. Has anyone know anything about the hazards of being exposed to BB killing chemicals so many times? I will probably have to move but have not yet found an apartment. Still, the BBs are biting me just as much as ever. I don't know whether it's just because they never did keep up with their reproduction process or because I got a small hole in my box spring encasement. Now I have two encasements on the box spring but I think I should really just get rid of the bed ASAP as that has been the focal point of my light but persistent infestation. I have gotten regular bouts of asthma since this spraying began whereas previously it never happened. But I can't just let these damned bugs breed until I find somewhere else to go. So no choice. The landlord also said they would try steaming the apartment as well. Okay, all to the good--but I have never heard of a one BR apartment with one occupant having to be sprayed so many times in six months! Please help as I am quite worried and have a small girl here quite often, too. I never walk barefoot in my place any longer and don't allow her to, either. By now my carpet must be absolutely toxic, as much chemical as fiber.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,821 posts in 50,044 topics over 155 months by 21,876 of 22,362 members. Latest: jnnafnlys01, simo7, Datnguyen