Will this work?

(6 posts)
  1. KristinaJ917

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Aug 9 2018 12:13:45
    #

Login to Send PM

My apartment has been infested with bed bugs. It's not everywhere, but I was getting bitten every night to the point my arms and parts of my legs were covered. My landlords have refused to do anything about them and told me to spray and use a kit. I just can't do it anymore, so I moved in with my best friend. (don't worry, he and I checked what little stuff I brought over and we also have a can of spray). I'm eventually going to be looking for a house, but that could be 6-8 months from now so I don't want to be paying rent on my apartment and I'd like to have stuff that doesn't have bugs.

My question is this: could I possibly rent a storage unit for my stuff then have an exterminator come treat it? I'm really wanted to do the heat treatment option since that would definitely kill them. I just want peace of mind...and to not feel like I'm gonna see a bug everywhere I look...

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Aug 9 2018 12:44:07
    #

Login to Send PM

You'll need to confirm the cause of your skin reactions before attempting treatment. Did you take any pictures of the bed bugs, or even a pic of the fecal deposits on your mattress and box spring? If you're covered in bites it should be fairly easy to find evidence of an infestation.

3. KristinaJ917

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Aug 9 2018 12:48:17
    #

Login to Send PM

It's definitely bed bugs. I've seen them, shown them to my landlords, etc.

4. KristinaJ917

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Aug 9 2018 12:49:14
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't have a bed or anything, I sleep in my living room. Got rid of the futon a few months back, thought they were gone. Sadly, they weren't.

5. bugged-cdn

Posted 4 months ago
    Fri Aug 10 2018 15:01:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't know if a PCO would agree to treat a storage space. Seems iffy to me.

6. KristinaJ917

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Fri Aug 10 2018 15:05:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Fair enough..I'm just trying to find a way to store my stuff and get it treated as well. :/

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

282,542 posts in 47,008 topics over 143 months by 20,748 of 21,023 members. Latest: doljm4, lbhaarhus, bed DEbugging