WILL THIS EVER END!?

(26 posts)
  1. lindsaye

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jan 28 2017 18:59:46
    #

Login to Send PM

I've come to the conclusion that SOMEDAY I won't have bed bugs anymore, but it seems like a dream. We noticed bites in November on all three of our kids who share a room. After two days of bites of knew something wasn't right. Had a sinking feeling it was bed bugs, lifted up my sons mattress (it's an ikea bunk bed and it lays on the floor) and found about 20 dead bugs stuck to the bottom in some tape that was there. If that tape hadn't caught them I'd have never found anything. We've NEVER seen a live bug. Ever. Never seen blood....I've only ever seen dead bugs and a few casings. Fast forward two weeks, we had a pest control company come inspect (found nothing) and a few days later do a heat treatment. Two days after heat treatment my daughter woke up with bites. Three days after heat treatment my husband woke up with bites. Two weeks later they came back out and did another heat treatment. Two and a half glorious weeks went by...NOTHING. No bites, no itching.....I actually started relaxing and sleeping again at night. Then 2.5 weeks later, my daughter woke up with a single bite. Within 5 days all my kids were being eaten alive again. My 3 year old son now has over 30 bites on his body and is crying saying "I want to move!" I'm going insane. Pest control is saying "there's no way." I'm saying "YES there is." We still have seen nothing. Can't find them. I've ripped my house apart numerous times. I've never seen a live bug like I said and that's almost driving me more insane than anything else. WHERE ARE THEY???? It's like the most aggravating thing i've ever dealt with. I just want them gone. Please tell me how you've finally eradicated them and that your mental health is intact!

2. cantcallit2016

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jan 28 2017 22:21:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Your not alone 9 months ago thought I was clear moved bought all new furniture couple of weeks after moving back in may 2016 two bite marks started off few since then I would say I have had 50 to 60 bites I have searched every piece of furniture 1,000 times as well as apt even had it sprayed back in Oct. No signs live or dead bb, skins, feces just small blood spots few times have spread de now trying cimexa have really been rough on my shoulders and face in 9 months figure be evidence but not in this apt I know exactly how you feel it's a terrible feeling my sleep is terrible so trust me your not alone! !

3. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jan 28 2017 22:34:35
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm sorry for what both of you are going through. Do either of you have interceptors on the legs of the beds or passive monitors? Have you had dog inspections? Lindsaye, is there a warranty on the heat treatment? Cantcallit2016, are they coming from other apartments?

4. dontwant2bhere

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jan 28 2017 22:39:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Have you installed a passive monitor? In your situation, that's what I'd do. I thought ours were gone, then started noticing small fecal marks every few days. I only noticed because we got new white sheets for monitoring purposes. Thankfully, they were on my husband's side of the bed and he's a non-reactor. (The kids, on the other hand, had fairly strong reactions when they were being bitten; it made me feel awful to look at their welts and watch them scratching). I checked the passive monitor we had installed and found one live bed bug in it. I doubled bagged the monitor and replaced it with a new one. That was almost two weeks ago, and we've had no signs since then. In my opinion, it's definitely worthwhile to have monitors installed on each bed. After our experience, we'll never go without them.

5. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jan 28 2017 22:47:22
    #

Login to Send PM

dontwant2behere, hope you're rid of the bed bugs now. What kind of treatment did you get?

6. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jan 28 2017 23:32:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Sounds to me like you never had or have bed bugs. Do you have a picture of the tape you said you found with all the dead bugs on it? Or can you take pictures of the mattress or area where the tape was to show other signs of bed bugs?

Sounds like your chasing a ghost to me and more than likely ID'ed the wrong sample originally.

7. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jan 28 2017 23:36:05
    #

Login to Send PM

cantcallit2016 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Your not alone 9 months ago thought I was clear moved bought all new furniture couple of weeks after moving back in may 2016 two bite marks started off few since then I would say I have had 50 to 60 bites I have searched every piece of furniture 1,000 times as well as apt even had it sprayed back in Oct. No signs live or dead bb, skins, feces just small blood spots few times have spread de now trying cimexa have really been rough on my shoulders and face in 9 months figure be evidence but not in this apt I know exactly how you feel it's a terrible feeling my sleep is terrible so trust me your not alone! !

Based on this and your history - it sounds like you don't and never did have bed bugs. Time to start looking in other directions because this isn't bed bugs.

8. lindsaye

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jan 28 2017 23:57:54
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm sorry you're going through it to. It really is enough to drive a person insane!! Hope we both get rid of them VERY soon!

9. lindsaye

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jan 29 2017 0:01:33
    #

Login to Send PM

dontwant2bhere - 1 hour ago  » 
    Have you installed a passive monitor? In your situation, that's what I'd do. I thought ours were gone, then started noticing small fecal marks every few days. I only noticed because we got new white sheets for monitoring purposes. Thankfully, they were on my husband's side of the bed and he's a non-reactor. (The kids, on the other hand, had fairly strong reactions when they were being bitten; it made me feel awful to look at their welts and watch them scratching). I checked the passive monitor we had installed and found one live bed bug in it. I doubled bagged the monitor and replaced it with a new one. That was almost two weeks ago, and we've had no signs since then. In my opinion, it's definitely worthwhile to have monitors installed on each bed. After our experience, we'll never go without them.

Would you mind sharing which type of monitors you got? The pest control company gave us a couple but they haven't picked anything up. I'd love to get some that I know have worked for others! THANKS! And I hope you've solved your own bed bug problem.

10. lindsaye

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jan 29 2017 0:03:42
    #

Login to Send PM

FayeState - 1 hour ago  » 
    I'm sorry for what both of you are going through. Do either of you have interceptors on the legs of the beds or passive monitors? Have you had dog inspections? Lindsaye, is there a warranty on the heat treatment? Cantcallit2016, are they coming from other apartments?

Unfortunately my kids bed is a low bunk bed and the mattress actually sits on the floor. I do have a couple monitors around it but they haven't caught anything yet. I am working with the pest control company because they guarantee treatment will work.....they'll be back out on monday. No dog in here at this point, I'm just waiting to see what the PC wants to do to move forward.

11. cantcallit2016

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jan 29 2017 0:32:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Fayestate I put interceptors on my bed legs almost a month ago sprinkled some de in them empty

12. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jan 29 2017 0:36:55
    #

Login to Send PM

cantcallit2016, have you caught anything in the leg interceptors and have you been bitten since putting them up?

13. cantcallit2016

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jan 29 2017 0:55:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Fayestate nothing caught in the interceptors check them once a week when vacuuming and I have found itchy bites on me since then

14. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jan 29 2017 1:15:09
    #

Login to Send PM

cantcallit2016, have you had a dog check for bed bugs? Are your mattresses encased or do you passive monitors? So you get about 7 bites a month? Do your neighbors have bed bugs?

15. cantcallit2016

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jan 29 2017 1:39:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Have the monitors the pco left but not very reliable it's basicly just a small version of glue traps and in all honesty that thought has been on my mind for days my aunt lives on one side of me but on the other side they let stray cats go into there apt which is already risking fleas in there apt very unclean people so I don't know if they would even report it if they did but haven't so far and manager will not have one inspected unless she sees one while in there apt or they make the complaint I don't have a lot of faith in this arrow exterminator as well they have done all my previous inspections and treatments since my infestation back in 2015 they just always seem too rushed but not my call I'm just a tenant

16. cantcallit2016

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jan 29 2017 1:47:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Have the monitors the pco left but not very reliable it's basicly just a small version of glue traps and in all honesty that thought has been on my mind for days my aunt lives on one side of me but on the other side they let stray cats go into there apt which is already risking fleas in there apt very unclean people so I don't know if they would even report it if they did but haven't so far and manager will not have one inspected unless she sees one while in there apt or they make the complaint I don't have a lot of faith in this arrow exterminator as well they have done all my previous inspections and treatments since my infestation back in 2015 they just always seem too rushed but not my call I'm just a tenant

17. Poiqm

Account Closed

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jan 29 2017 5:01:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Fayestate nothing caught in the interceptors check them once a week when vacuuming and I have found itchy bites on me since then

If nothing in the traps then they are on your bed somewhere or your bed is touching something they can travel across, such as the wall or piece of furniture, or even climb up a wire if you have a phone charger on the bed or an electrical cord touching the bed.

Or could be fleas from the cats next door.

Account closed
  18. cantcallit2016

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jan 29 2017 5:39:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Apologize for the double post fayestate yes the mattress and box springs have been encased since I moved into my new apt back in may of 2016 I also made sure too keep them away from my wall no k9 inspection as well as treatments have been by pco that found nothing during both occasions can't really offard one after what have spent moving. Poiqm the bed is not touching the wall in no way like a island there are no cords no where near bed or frame other than cell charger far as furniture next too it all I have is a small black nightstand keep a eye on it and they never touch and just too be safe changed my box springs encasement out about a month ago before placing new one I inspected the box springs and matress and nothing even pulled the dust cover off stapled it back was clear from my vision changed my traps out earlier cleaned in put a dusting of cimexa just got in those and around bed frame legs medal bed frame as well so easier too spot idk going too try this and see what happens

19. cantcallit2016

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jan 29 2017 5:40:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Apologize for the double post fayestate yes the mattress and box springs have been encased since I moved into my new apt back in may of 2016 I also made sure too keep them away from my wall no k9 inspection as well as treatments have been by pco that found nothing during both occasions can't really offard one after what have spent moving. Poiqm the bed is not touching the wall in no way like a island there are no cords no where near bed or frame other than cell charger far as furniture next too it all I have is a small black nightstand keep a eye on it and they never touch and just too be safe changed my box springs encasement out about a month ago before placing new one I inspected the box springs and matress and nothing even pulled the dust cover off stapled it back was clear from my vision changed my traps out earlier cleaned in put a dusting of cimexa just got in those and around bed frame legs medal bed frame as well so easier too spot idk going too try this and see what happens

20. Poiqm

Account Closed

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jan 29 2017 5:52:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Do you sleep with any electronics or books or... anything? Laptop, remote control, cell phone, etc. I'm just trying to think of ways they could get onto the bed because if you aren't seeing any in the traps then they must be on the bed.

Cimexa should help. I love Cimexa.

21. cantcallit2016

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jan 29 2017 6:06:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh no problem I appreciate any help I can get he is coming back too check these monitors in a little over a week don't trust those monitors so want some proof if so by then I have 3 controllers that lay in my bed with me keep a eye on the backs of them pillows and sheets are it however I made a mistake I'm still kicking myself over however I'm only human this time I have had my traps on my bed legs I was thinking this frame was 4 legs but it was 6 so got me 2 plastic hefty bowl's put a little cimexa in them so strong possibility that may have been the problem 2 bed legs kept forgetting about

22. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jan 29 2017 8:40:00
    #

Login to Send PM

cantcallit2016, so when did you put the interceptors on the other two legs? So the PCO treated without finding evidence other than your bites?

23. cantcallit2016

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jan 29 2017 9:07:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Last night and the reason for treating back in Oct. Was because I had found some blood on my pillow cases as well as both sheets

24. dontwant2bhere

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jan 29 2017 11:28:19
    #

Login to Send PM

lindsaye - 11 hours ago  » 

dontwant2bhere - 1 hour ago  » 

Would you mind sharing which type of monitors you got? The pest control company gave us a couple but they haven't picked anything up. I'd love to get some that I know have worked for others! THANKS! And I hope you've solved your own bed bug problem.

I use David Cain's passive monitor sold by PackTite. Our mattresses are on the floor also and I just slide the monitor under the edge of the mattress at the end near our heads.

25. Poiqm

Account Closed

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jan 29 2017 15:35:24
    #

Login to Send PM

I made a mistake I'm still kicking myself over however I'm only human this time I have had my traps on my bed legs I was thinking this frame was 4 legs but it was 6 so got me 2 plastic hefty bowl's put a little cimexa in them so strong possibility that may have been the problem 2 bed legs kept forgetting about

Oh I hope that solves the mystery of where they are coming from! Now to make sure they aren't on the bed still.

I have my eye on a folding bed frame but it has something like 12 legs which means lots of interceptor traps. Ugh!

26. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jan 29 2017 20:29:04
    #

Login to Send PM

NONE OF YOU HAVE BED BUGS!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,797 posts in 49,805 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991