Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tales of Bed Bug Woe

Will it ever end? My saga, long rant.

(48 posts)
  1. help_me

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 22 2011 22:48:48
    #

Login to Send PM

This time last year I was just starting to really come into my heightened paranoia and awareness about catching bugs but really wasn't entirely educated yet or using any real preventative tools or measures. I thought glancing over a mattress was sufficient. I didn't understand yet. Little did I know that the days in my normal life were greatly numbered to that oh so fateful day of 12 November. The signs were there but I wasn't looking, I didn't now. I remember at some point before that day noticing black spots on the tufting of my sofa, it worried me, I moved on in thought because I had no idea and simply concluded it was already there.

In October last year I remember being at home with my luggage on the bed packing for a trip to AC with my mother and sort of dreading it as I was starting to really become fearful about catching them. How odd, isn't it? I was showered and packing and supposed to leave immediately after and found myself calling my mother in tears, full of guilt, to tell her I decided after all that I didn't want to go because I was afraid of getting them. My father was super glad to take my place.

Fast forward a month, I would surely have blamed that trip had I gone through with it. As far as I knew I didn't have them but I didn't know for sure. It was a ticking time bomb. My sister had admitted to having had them some time back and she pretended not to know what her bites were. She had been at my house a couple times and by the end of summer I had lots of marks and I swore it looked like I had bugs, too but I hadn't seen any. Knew it was a waiting game and wondered, if I had an accurate magic 8 ball and asked, are there any bugs in my house, what it owuld have said. When I finally made my absolutely random and chance discovery by accident (I could so easily have missed this) I was like, I KNEW IT!

Bottom line, not only did I never intend to get them, once I educated myself and started becoming aware it seems that is when I got them, go figure. Maybe had I stayed ignorant I would still be bug free like worrying attracted them.

Not only did I never want them or expect to get them because I was no longer staying overnight places, I never in a million years thought sometime later I would be having thermal done. It was done, took time, but I finally started moving on with my life and living in my house again. Then it started happening again. The last few months I've been spending in intermittent periods of amber alert/false alarm/scare.

After I had thermal I was terrified, watching the crew drive off and leave me alone in my house, treated and unprotected from future attacks. What if this happens again? What if it wasn't 100%? I had hoped to kiss my experience with these things off for good, having done my time. Optimism: maybe that's it.Maybe this will be the last I ever have to deal with this and my life will eventually fully move forward and never again deal with it and look back decades later when the new silver bullet has been invented and the world is again safe and normal and say, thank God! Worst time of my life. Let's go antiquing! Maybe it will happen again. If it has to, please let me have some good time in before it happens again. Not ready for more.

Never thought, though I worried daily, that I would be going through this, AGAIN! Within a year. Not only has it not even been a year since this whole nightmare started from the beginning, it's only been about 6 months since my first and what I had hoped to be last thermal treatment. Never thought I would be getting a SECOND thermal, at least not this soon.

What if this is how it will be forever? Getting reinfested after only a few months? Living out of bags, running my dryer every time I come home. No one else does this, is their time just gravely limited or am I an unlucky person who is doomed to a life of bug paranoia and proneness? I go so far as to spray myself with alcohol after I strip out of my clothes at school at the end of my day before putting clean ones on. Why me? Why does this have to happen again? No one else goes to these extremes and they don't have bugs. Or do they? Seems like everyone on campus has pimples and scabs and bumps all over them. Maybe my mother is right, maybe everyone DOES have them.

So, thermal, again, on Monday. My floor didn't quite survive the last treatment unscathed, I fear for it going through this again. Bins of VHS and records STILL out in my back yard. Rooms full of bags. Was looking at photos from back when my bedroom was first finished the renovation. It was so clean and fresh and beautiful. My cat was rolling about on our bed, glad to have a bedroom again. I wasn't frightened of my house. My bed was covered in wood putty and pesticide stains. My wall didn't have a big square stuck to it from double sided tape I applied around a picture that has been sitting in three black garbage bags since February. I miss having a home. Living a normal life. Not feeling frightened by my house. Not worrying that everywhere I go has bugs and mostly not ever being able to accurately evaluate any risk.

It's been so long since I have had healthy, clear, skin without red marks and scars and bumps that I wonder if I will ever be able to show my legs again. I've avoided dating new ppl because I am so embarrassed about how my skin looks. They'll see that and split for sure.

Can't believe it. I had just barely cleared the 90 day mark when I started sensing they were back with new signs. Not seeing anything helped. The longer I could go without ever actually finding anything boosted my confidence that maybe I was safe still and was able to lead a more relaxed life with less guard up.

Oh well. Guess like my mother says, I have to change my outlook and just accept that I will probably have them forever and get used to them rather than obsessing and worrying and trying to not have them. Thoughts from someone raised by folks who came from the old country at the turn of the century who taught she and her classmates to always shake out their clothes before getting dressed every day.

No one knows this for sure but is this really what it's going to become like? Sometimes being born with the gift of strong intuition and knowing too much/seeing too much around you is not a gift. I have been aware of something not right since the start. Because of that it has been very helpful. However, it's maddening to know this much and be this in tune.

Yup, somehow when they drove away that night and left me to a totally overturned hot house I had a gut feeling I would be here, doing this, some time again in the future.

2. SmrtBB

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 22 2011 22:59:44
    #

Login to Send PM

I feel for you. Know that you are not alone in your thinking and actions. I, too, worry about bugs all the time even though I haven't seen one in a long time. I always feel like something is crawling on me and have trouble sleeping. It may eventually come to the point where everyone has them. It certainly looks that way.

3. help_me

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 22 2011 23:10:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for your reply. I certainly feels like everyone has them. I bet if everyone came out of the closet and was open about it the numbers would be staggering. A close friend of mine just admitted to me on Tuesday that her sister had had them, after I questioned what made her put an encasement on her mattress. She had asked me if I had one on mine, she then mentioned having one on hers when she was living away from home. Funny how after all this time she never volunteered that information. She is far from being the only person. Several people I know are extreme canidates and have never mentioned it. One mentioned having been getting pimples on her neck lately and not knowing what they were. Another offered advice about putting stuff into the dryer. She never admitted to it but she travels frequently for work and does a lot of yard sale-ing, etc.

The most important part of my saga which I can't believe I forgot... I was on Animal Planet and taped for the Bed Bug Apocalypse which aired in August but was filmed in Feb/March. Time was a blur at that point. They filmed the thermal I had done but they never aired that part, I kinda wanted to see it. Was scary to look back on how much worse it was living here BEFORE my first thermal with no curtains or anything.

4. SmrtBB

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Sep 25 2011 19:07:26
    #

Login to Send PM

That's neat about it being documented on tv. At least it got taken care of. And you are absolutely right. It needs to be talked about more openly. Thanks for venting though. It's nice to know I'm not alone.

5. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Sep 25 2011 19:20:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Your first post really hit home with me. I'm at the "I've got a bad feeling about these upcoming trips" stage...

Some of my friends are talking about it, but I too have noticed that friends are taking precautions (one bought a new front load dryer with the "sanitization" option and talked about drying everything). I'm not going to say what city I'm in, but a friend's family owns laundramats with dry cleaning. I was surprised that he so openly talked about the issue. He did so after I mentioned buying a packtite and he said 'yep, they own a couple". He spoke about how it's the people you least expect who bring in a bag of drycleaning with 10 BBs in it and no one mentioned it (they have an extensive protocol for immediately bagging (again), separating in another building, with certain staff only doing the inspections). I won't go into more detail, but there are real moral, ethical, legal and other challenges for many businesses related to this (not just real estate rentals).

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  6. help_me

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Sep 25 2011 21:19:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Hmm, see I look at dry cleaners' and laundromats now and quiver. The same goes for cleaning businesses or being a housekeeper in a hotel or hospital and want not. I felt absolutely horrible last November when I had to wash my stuff in a pinch within the first few days of realizing we had them. It was so depressing spending my night at a laundromat with everything in trash bags, taking stuff out of the trash bags, putting into machines, putting directly into new bags, etc. It was suggested that we just get a laundry basket to save on buying bags. I didn't want to say anything because I didn't know if we could get banned from using the facility knowing we had bugs. I just hope we didn't spread them to others. We were as careful as could be to make sure we didn't but I can't guarantee their machines were hot enough.

It was really tricky in the beginning trying to create a routine for clean clothes. We were leaving our shoes outside on the porch (it was cold so we hoped that would kill anything in them) and putting dirty stuff into ziplock bags. That left the issue then of what about the bag? Isn't that dirty? What if you need something from there? I am still afraid to put the stuff back into the dresser drawers or back on hangers. Partly because I KNOW it is clean being in the bags. It doesn't get dusty, mothy, house smelly, spidery, dresser drawer crumby, etc. It just doesn't look nice having big bags all over the house.

7. BugsMustDie

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Sep 25 2011 21:28:38
    #

Login to Send PM

There are many old timers who have shared their success stories and continue to live bug free. It's their stories and advice that have helped me through this mess. Yes, from what I've read and from talking to experts, bed bugs are here to stay. But there are things we can do to protect ourselves and those ways begin with changing how we live. We're too relaxed with our stuff. We carry too many bags and carelessly leave them places where they could be at risk.
    I fear I will have to go through at least one more infestation before my husband gets this, but it's the way it is. Even in the old days, people left their homes with a bed bug awareness. They didn't bring home used furniture and they were always aware their stuff could come in contact with bugs while outside the home.
    This doesn't mean we lock ourselves inside our homes, stop traveling and stop living. But we develop a practical system of protection - even if it's throwing all your stuff directly in the dryer the second you get home - whatever works.
    We also need to continue spreading the word. The more aware people are, the better everyone will be about prevention, which will ultimately reduce the risk of spreading them.

8. help_me

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Sep 25 2011 22:55:07
    #

Login to Send PM

That is really true about how careless we are. We do so many things in our modern lives that no one ever did in the old days. We leave the house to go work in public spaces, we ride on public transportation, we buy used clothing, furniture, and other junk. We trash pick that nifty chest of drawers our neighbour has put out, we let our children take their stuff and go sleep at other ppls' houses and then come back again. Granted there were boarding schools and universities prior to 1900, it was different. They went probably with one trunk full of clothing. But think about the lives of people back then! Wealthy families traveled abroad for sometimes over a year. Women carted around trunks and trunks of clothing and shoes and such and acquired much more in the way of decor and furnishings that were shipped home from other countries.

When I am on campus I observe other students with HUGE huge huge purses and tote bags and book bags and jackets and all this shiz they schlep around. They dump it all in a pile, usually on the floor beside them/under the table. Classrooms a lot of times are carpeted. I have multiple friends who are hard core antiques collectors who buy and sell. One owns a shop. They go to yard sales, flea markets, antique stores, they do trade online with ppl from all over the world, estate sales. etc. They think I am joking or they make light of my warnings about that stuff. Some people don't care, even after they have them. The circle really grows quickly when you start considering how at risk everyone in your life outside of your house/family is.

9. SmrtBB

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Sep 25 2011 23:11:40
    #

Login to Send PM

I barely have anything in my apt. People probably look at me as if I'm crazy. I don't have any wall hangings or throw rugs. My tv stand gives me the eebie jeebies. My books I bought are still in the bag. I have tape on my futon legs. I'm constantly checking and monitoring things. I haven't seen anything yet. Alot of my stuff is in bags. It's a whole new outlook on life. People in the "good ol' days" probably just lived with it. What else could they do?

10. help_me

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Sep 26 2011 0:22:46
    #

Login to Send PM

SmartBB, would you believe that's the same outlook my mother takes? Learning how to keep things under control so that they don't get out of hand. It's funny, we live in 2011.. we're finding cures for cancer, we give ppl prosthetic limbs that are electronically connected to their nerve endings in order to trigger controls on the limb, yet we can't kill bed bugs? We've come so far that I think we've apexed and are now starting to digress.

My house is empty too. It was the most cluttered, absolutely ugly, messy, house ever. It still is but now it's empty. Don't forget we also have WAY more stuff than ppl in the old days did. Stuff was a luxury. I live in an old row home that was mill housing for... the workers at the mills that used to be across the street. They didn't have a lot of money nor did they have the type of stuff we have today. People find it hard trying to fit modern homes into these houses. We have an abundance of electronics which warrant their own housing. I used to have a huge tv cabinet, I loved it, and not it's gone. We have sofas and recliners and all this stuff. People had a couple chairs, maybe a settee (not a recliner sofa), a tea table, perhaps a small book case or shelves, the fireplace was the central figure in the room, the lamps were mostly attached to the wall, they didn't have cable hookups or phone jacks or outlets. There really wasn't a whole lot of entrance into the walls. We need to start thinking like people used to or we'll founder while trying to survive issues that were every day life for ppl.

11. SmrtBB

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Sep 28 2011 19:37:50
    #

Login to Send PM

I've felt that way since I found out there were bed bugs in this world. Oh well, we feel like we are so superior but it's the smaller species that will win in the end. But we live with flies, spiders, mosquitoes, ants, etc. This may be one more pest we add to the list.

12. Katherine

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 2:07:57
    #

Login to Send PM

I have been battling bed bugs since the end of May on a limited income so have not been able to afford professional help.
    I made the mistake of trying the foggers and sprays you can buy at home garden centers across the country.
    I understand how these creatures change our lives and I think forever. I no longer feel safe anywhere.
    I am constantly on the lookout for dropping and bed bugs, I check my floors constantly and I wash my clothes every two days now, I used to wash them daily along with my bed linens but not anymore.
    What I did was to toss my mattress out but kept the box springs and then I bought an air bed never thinking that they would get ontop of them and bite me yet again. They did of course so I have spent months salting and spraying a mixture of salt and water onto my box springs and air mattress.
    The blight started in my husbands trailer (we are seperated), and spread to my apt because I go back to the trailer to see my animals and use the washer/dryer. Looking back I now know I was getting bit there but at the time although I was aware of the bites I thought it was spiders or something else. Bed bugs never entered my brain. Then. Now I can't stop thinking about them. They are in my life, in my pets life and I am afraid it will be forever.
    My husband doesn't get bit or if he does it doesn't bother him or his lady friend, my man friend gets bit but he has no reaction while me, myself and I have a reaction. The bites itch like crazy and if I scratch them they get infected and I will wear those scars for the rest of my life.
    My back has gotten the worst of it, although at times my legs and arms have had a few bites along with the more private parts on my body, my ears and eyes. I spray alcohol on me and also at times Vinegar before going to bed. I also take a shower.
    Here goes. You don't need to use hot water. I have killed many a bug by using cold water and drying in a hot dryer for about 45min-and hour. I have killed them by washing in cold water and then hanging everything out on the line. If you use a line you have to leave the clothes out for a good 2 hours.
    I have my bed isolated and I also isolate every room at the door and larger rooms in 1/2 or 1/3s. I have been using salt. Thats right you heard me, SALT. I first layed it down along all walls at the floor and I have kept it there.
    Salt kills at all levels from the eggs to the adult. I later thought about and did try and still use water and salt together in a spray container you can get at any home garden store. I use a 2 gallon sprayer. I spray everything. Walls, furniture, carpet, anything I can spray it on and not harm too much. I removed all furniture that was made of cloth.
    The salt works and its cheaper than the professionals if your on a limited income like myself.
    This is getting really long, but give it a try. Salt just ordinary table salt, buy it as cheaply as possible and a lot of it. It will also kill almost everything else except for the large black cockroaches.
    I am forever looking at the floor. I check the pockets of all my clothes for them and cuffs. I washed and bagged my winter clothes during the summer and now will reverse that. I wash my bed linens daily.
    And I have learned that the babies travel around your places probably the same as mine under small scraps of paper or food on the floor, anything on the floor. If you see a scrape of paper then take the salt and sprinkle it over it and if it wiggles then it was babies.

13. EndOfMyRope

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 6:04:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Katherine,
    First, let me say how very sorry I am for all youre going through. I sincerely know how you feel. I too have a very limited income, and my landlord is refusing to treat my apartment. He wants me gone (blames me for the current infestation that actually started Nov 2010, but since he only treated the 2 affected units, and not the entire building, theyve made themselves quite at home) he knows he has zero grounds to legally evict me, so hes decided to "let the bugs run me out" I have never before seen ignorance to the level of his.. The "pco" he hired, same one both times, is equally so.

Anyway, I wanted you to know youre not alone..this is a great place for support and info. Will you be able to treat your infestation? Is your former husband helping out or offering to help resolve this? By the way, spraying rubbing alcohol on them also works.. You mentioned using salt..could you elaborate on exactly how youre doing this? Are you only putting it on the ones you find?

I hope youre able to resolve this soon.. Keep us posted on how youre doing ok

14. Katherine

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 9:53:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the reply EndOfMyRope.

Bedbugs have changed my life drastically as you know doubt no. I am not the kind of person that will willingly transfer them on to other places so I go to great lengths to keep them away from my clothes and I shower just before leaving the house and wash my hair every day.

To answer your questions, neither man in my life really helps. I was working on keeping them out of both places when I discovered them here in my apt. The apt is a two unit duplex a shared wall with my landlord/man friend. Since he doesn't feel them biting him he doesn't see the sense in trying to kill them. So I have a constant transfer of them but it seems not through the shared wall but by him coming over.
    My husband retired in July and took over the "supposedly" trailer.
    By that time I was so far gone mentally from lack of sleep that I asked for him to kill me. Of which he gave me $100.00 instead.

I showed him what to do. It was simple enough and had he kept it up we would have them out of there by now, but he didn't. He said he did but I could tell. Men never understand that, that we can tell if they do something or not. Sorry I am really upset at both the men in my life.

Re the salt. A lifesaver for me. I was talking to someone when this first started and they said that they had had a bad flea infestation many years ago and had used salt to get rid of them. The put salt down on everything and left it there for the entire life cycle of the flea. Yeah! I know, bed bugs are not fleas, but it was worth a try, right?
    So I went out and bought out my stores salt supply and came back and used it on both places. Now all the professionals say it doesn't work, but they want your business so they would say that wouldn't they? It works but it takes time.

What did I do with it? Not enough to begin with, but first I put it on the floor against all the walls, because I had read thats where the bugs like to go and I can attest to that one. Every new born I have seen under a scrap of paper has been high tailing to the base boards in my apt. In the trailer we don't have baseboards but they went that way anyway.

Then I salted all the floors and chairs and the couch the best I could but in the end they all went out and we were left sitting on plastic patio furniture. That is where I am still sitting, but its easy to care for and thats a plus. I salted the seats of everything with the loose table salt, also window sills and my box springs here at the apt and my husband did his mattress. He has a platform bed and can never fully get rid of them or so he says. He could if he was as diligent as I am, but he isn't and his lady friend says she isn't bit at all. I find that hard to believe since I watched her scratch at herself one day. I think the infestation came from her, into the trailer then I carried them to the apt and to my man friends place next door.
    I salted everything. All floors and walls and furniture anything with a flat surface, bathrooms and kitchen also, around thresholds and even outside my two entry doors. The salt is still in place in both places because I haven't gotten rid of them yet. I am still learning about them. I have gobbled up so much information living with them that isn't ever talked about and it's why they are so hard to get rid of.

Then I came on the idea of putting the water (which kills them also) and the salt together into a sprayer bottle and then finally into a two gallon sprayer. I got the 2 gallon sprayer at a local home and garden center put 1/2 a container of salt (over kill) and filled the rest up with hot water to mix the salt better. I them started spraying drawers, cupboards, underneath wood furniture, walls, drapes, chairs well everything. That and the salt on the floors is what turned the worst of the tide.

I then came up with isolating with salt. That has also helped a great deal. I am down to babies only now and what my man friend brings over. I have salted every entrance to every room. In the trailer I cut the living room in 1/2 with salt and have kept it like that, At the entry to the hall I salted that also and every entrance to any room. My old bedroom where I still work from when I am there is salted.

The bed I sleep on now at the apt is the air mattress on the old box springs. I have sprayed the old box springs and keep spraying it and the air mattress every couple of days. I put the legs of the bed frame in containers of water. yes, they are rusting but better that than bed bugs. I have isolated my bed by laying a trail of salt all the way around and I keep it up to date, adding more salt when necessary. I spray and salt the top of the air mattress, then lay a sheet down, then another sheet to sleep on and so forth. I do NOT use the fitted sheets. The bed bugs if there are any can crawl up onto your sheets by using the fitted ones. I have nothing over hanging the edges of the bed.

I do not keep my shoes on the floors. This is important since we track them from room to room. I just discovered that. The tracking I mean. So I have a pile of salt in every room at the entrance that I stand in before leaving that room. I wear only sandals. No shoe with fabric because they get into the fabric and you transfer them that way.

Also they get onto your clothes, into the cuffs, and pockets of everything you wear. I check my clothes thoroughly before putting them on and you should inspect your vehicles. I found a bunch of dead eggs in my little truck a month ago. I went through it with a fine tooth comb so to speak and came away with several bugs. I set off a fogger in the cab of the truck and left it there for 3 hours. Didn't hurt anything and killed ever visible bug. The AZ heat did the rest. It gets really hot in a closed up car in the middle of summer. Now winter is approaching and it will kill them because of the cold.

But with my man friend refusing to kill his bugs he transfers them to my truck every time he gets in. (he doesn't have his on vehicle).

If I had done what I am doing now with the salt back when I first started using it I think I would have them under control, but the whole thing has been such a closed subject it was hard finding information that I could trust. I believe in telling people how I am doing things so they can learn. Not all the information out and about is the truth. I can't tell you how many "professionals" have told me salt doesn't work, but yet I see it working. It just takes time and no how. Things I have learned by doing. For someone just starting out they can shorten their kill time in 1/2 if how I look at it with the use of salt.

I also used ground cloves and cinnamon and ground chili pepper all of which worked. I didn't continue using them because of the cost.

As for my pets, the salt kills them on your pets, you just have to make sure that your pets have fresh water every day and lots of it and some kind of oil added to there diets to help with the dry skin problems.

Hope that helps and if you have any questions feel free to ask
    Kat

15. Katherine

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 10:15:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Lol, sorry folks for all the typo's..Oh well I hope you could read around them I forgot to add some things of importance. I don't vacuum up the salt all the time.
    I learned about rubbing alcohol recently and use that also. I mostly use it on my sheets and body and chair I sit in.
    The bugs don't care for body cream so use that before going to bed. You will still get bit but not as bad or at least I didnt. I put it all over me, every place and I mean that. Between my legs and butt, up into my hair around my face and neck, in my ears, and up my nose.
    They don't like vinegar either and so I use that sometimes and in my hair before going to bed.
    They attach themselves to your hair. All your hair, everywhere on your body so I shower in the morning before leaving the house and I shower again at night just before I hit my bed. It works if your willing to do it.

I will add that my husband and his lady friend go everywhere, transferring them into all sorts of places without giving it a second thought. I hate that. I have not been inside anyone else's places since I first discovered them. I refuse to do it. That folks is how they are spread. You probably got them from someone that didn't care enough, or didn't know they had them, so why would you put someone else through the kind of hell you have been going through? I don't understand it.

Take care everyone
    Kat

16. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 10:26:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Katherine - 8 hours ago  » 

I am constantly on the lookout for dropping and bed bugs...

Katherine, are you sure you have bed bugs and not another pest? Bed bugs don't leave droppings per se. (Fleas do.) They leave behind fecal stains which can't be moved.

Bed bugs also can't "attach themselves" to your body. They may crawl in hair but can't attach themselves to the body. There are other pests and parasites which do.

Has anyone identified a sample for you? If you want to post a photo here, there are experts who can confirm it for you.

I have killed them by washing in cold water and then hanging everything out on the line. If you use a line you have to leave the clothes out for a good 2 hours...

Why would hanging clothes out for two hours (and nothing less) contribute to killing bed bugs?

I have been using salt. Thats right you heard me, SALT. I first layed it down along all walls at the floor and I have kept it there.
    Salt kills at all levels from the eggs to the adult.

Actually, I believe you previously posted this claim under another username. Isn't that so?

In this thread, bed bug expert David Cain tested your salt cure (for seven days as you suggested) and found it did not kill bed bugs.

Although you're stating it works in seven days, this was clearly not the case for David. Even if it works much more slowly than a week -- and we have seen no proof it would -- it still might have a negative effect on your home and possessions.

Other materials may be available which are more effective and cheaper. Fresh water diatomaceous earth is not a magic cure-all, and you have to take care to apply it safely and effectively, but can kill bed bugs and I suspect it's cheaper, pound for pound. It's essential to choose the right kind (note: the pool kind is very, very unsafe).

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  17. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 12:22:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Salt does not work, you would have more luck drowning them in vinegar but to be honest any liquid would do.

You wasted over 24 hours of research time with your salt hypothesis, please don't waste other peoples time or give them false hope with unsubstantiated claims its not socially or morally ethical.

David

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  18. Katherine

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 12:43:16
    #

Login to Send PM

David, it works for me. I did not say that it kills them in 7 days, you need to go back and re read what I stated. I said as follows: copied and pasted back in this reply:

I was talking to someone when this first started and they said that they had had a bad flea infestation many years ago and had used salt to get rid of them. The put salt down on everything and left it there for the entire life cycle of the flea. Yeah! I know, bed bugs are not fleas, but it was worth a try, right?

If you see what I wrote, I wrote about her fleas, NOT bedbugs. FLEAs which you can get rid of in 7 days.

I thought if it worked on fleas why not on bed bugs. I see dead bed bugs whereever their is salt and that pretty much is everywhere in my apt and trailer. SALT WORKS.

19. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 12:53:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Well I can assure you it DOES NOT work on bedbugs.

I put loads of samples in a salt covered arena and they survived for weeks in conditions where humans would have issues with the dehydration effects of salt.

Again it does not work, please do not prolong peoples suffering with kookie ideas, we get enough of them around here from the engineers and the armchair exterminators.

David

20. Katherine

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 13:02:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugsonme. Yes I was up here under another name but I lost my stuff to this site, that was back in the I want to kill myself stage of bed bugs.

You have some question. I said attached but didn't mean it that way as in actually attaching and sticking to me, no they do not. I find the eggs in my hair probably from putting a piece of clothing on or laying on a pillow where they are at.

I am sure I have bed bugs. Ahh no to any kind of conformation on that other than what I saw and still see in the pictures I look up. I have seen them in every stage alive in some way or other on me or my bed and furniture and dead in the salt on the floor and bed. What I took for droppings must be dead small dead bugs then.

When I get bit which used to be all the time but now is occasionally its a small red spot or a cluster and itches like crazy and hurts and if I pick at it and scratch it it gets infected and is even more itchy and painful.

Hanging the clothes out in the hot sun for at least two hours just insures for me that they are dead. Their are many kinds of biting sucking critters in the desert and I have checked up on most of them, like the kissing bug which I also had for awhile but they looked completely different from the bed bugs and they flew.

I said two hours because I didn't want someone coming back and saying I left my wash out for 30 min., and they were still alive. I was protecting myself which didn't help did it since I got you asking why 2 hours and David miss reading what I wrote. We all miss read and I am very conscious of the fact that my brain and thoughts get way ahead of what my fingers are typing and I make mistakes.

I tried a shorter amount of time with the line dry back then and got bit that night which in my brain meant I had to leave the wash out longer but in reality now looking at it meant that the bugs were in my bed anyway or I picked them up off my clothes or some other way. I just don't know..because back then I wasn't really thinking all that clear. No sleep has a habit of doing that to people.

AGAIN I DID NOT STATE ANYTHING ABOUT IT WORKING IN 7 DAYS: You wrote as follows:
    Although you're stating it works in seven days, this was clearly not the case for David. Even if it works much more slowly than a week -- and we have seen no proof it would -- it still might have a negative effect on your home and possessions.

Re read please what I wrote. I was talking about fleas.

21. Katherine

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 13:07:40
    #

Login to Send PM

David..ok it didn't work for you but it works for me. At least people can give it a try. Maybe it depends on your weather I don't know. Its hot and dry here most of the time maybe thats why it works for me.

I can't answer that and I guess you can't either. It just happens. I find them dead wherever I have salt down. I find them dead in the salt I put on my bed, I find them dead in the salt at the baseboards, I find them dead in the bathroom and in the kitchen and all the bedrooms, where ever I have put salt down.

It dries up the eggs if they come in contact with it.

22. Katherine

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 13:10:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes salt has a negative on everything it comes in contact with. You have to keep wires up off the floor and cables anything to do with electricity, it can and will ruin possessions. My carpet in both places is old anyway so I didn't give a darn one way or the other. I am not saying it's perfect.

23. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 13:15:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I ran it for several weeks, I would need to look at the data but 10+ days.

In the same time frame DE would have been effected.

Since you have not looked into the effects of excessive salt let me educate you. You may recall that salt has been used int he past to preserve meat, it does this by dehydrating it and acting to kill bacteria. It will also dehydrate you.

As dry skin exacerbates skin reactions your advice will actually make peoples responses greater and thus more likley to have long term issues.

With all due respect your advice is based on a poor understanding of the issue, if you wish to understand to what extent I will reply to your full post as the advice such as 2 hours outside in the sun is absolutely laughable and any bedbug sufferer will tell that one does not work.

I would strongly advise you to find a sample and get it confirmed as many of the other things you have said are known to be signs of other medical related issues not bedbugs. Until then I would advise that you keep your pearls of wisdom saved up in a word document so you can publish your full manifesto later.

I am sorry if you see this as rude but I have to resort to strong words to ensure that others do not follow down this path to stupidity to the land of insanity.

David

24. Katherine

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 13:15:30
    #

Login to Send PM

David. It isn't a Kookie Idea.

Can you not just acknowledge that it works for me and I don't know why it doesn't work for you.

25. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 13:18:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Katherine - 27 seconds ago  » 
    David. It isn't a Kookie Idea.
    Can you not just acknowledge that it works for me and I don't know why it doesn't work for you.

It did not work for me in 3 replicates, I doubt you were that scientific to repeat your work.

Why don't you just acknowledge that you did not conduct a scientific based study and that declaring results based on one situation is akin to living a day and declaring the weather is always bright and sunny.

The sad issue here is that sometimes people pick up what they think is a good idea on the boards and cause all kinds of issues with their homes.

David

26. Katherine

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 13:20:36
    #

Login to Send PM

David. Ok you are right. It does dry my skin and I drink a lot more water and I do have to use body lotion which I do anyway because the weather here is so dry.

Yes, you have a valid point re the salt and that most people probably wouldn't see the damage it could do, so I will not re post anything about using salt.

Is there a way of deleting my posts now? I see History Edit, would that work?

I do not want to harm people with the finding that work for me it its going to make things worse for them

27. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 13:38:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I think its best to leave this all up so that others can follow it to its logical conclusion.

Thanks for reading and understanding.

David

28. Katherine

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 13:42:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Your welcome.

I will continue to stay on this site and learn. I just replied to a guy with tattoos having the same problem I am, that the bugs seem to like tats.

29. help_me

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 16:56:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear katherine,

If you have bed bugs I am very sorry for your suffering and it especially angers me that there are thoughtless people out there who knowingly have infestations that they neglect to eliminate thus spreading them to other unsuspecting innocent people who DON"T want them.

Forgive me but I was reading through your posts back and forth with David. He is a professional, he's written books on this insect. Why would you argue with him? Secondly, I am wondering why you felt the need the post what you did under my post rather than creating your own?

Please don't think I am saying this in a nasty way but it really seems to me from what I read that you absolutely have no idea what you are talking about, you know nothing about bed bugs, and don't seem interested in properly educating yourself. Why would you use table salt when there are other methods out there that was even pointed out, would be cheaper!?

The fact that you threw your mattress away and not the box springs and think bugs can't climb up over even a top sheet really proves that you have very little understanding about their habits. I understand there are people living in frighteningly horrible, unresolved, totally out of control bug mayhem. [admin note: additional comment deleted.] I also know there are many people with absolutely no money to try and resolve anything.

1: why haven't you posted any images yet for ID?
    2: why haven't you contacted your landlord? If so and they're not taking action why not contact local authorities for possible assistance?
    3: Why why why would you continue entering the homes of people who obviously have infestations that are not being taken care of and letting them into your home?

Are you putting SALT on your PETS???? I am sorry but from what it sounds like you have grounds for many things, including officials taking your pets away if that is the kind of treatment you utilize. I think many people here, not to sound rude, are already pretty aware of how bugs can be on them and their clothing, that is why we put our stuff into isolation in sealed bags, use Packtites, and use dryers.

Please, for the sake of newbies here who do not know any better, do NOT post on the forum as if you are armed with knowledge, and no one else here is, especially if you are not going to be receptive to really good advice from the pros and those who are very experienced.

I understand you may just be trying to help others or maybe this is your way of expressing a feeling of control over a situation you feel powerless in. I understand that, we all cite the ways in which we are proactive and the tools/methods we bring into battle because it helps us feel just that... proactive!

30. Katherine

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 17:30:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Help-me
    I am sorry, I was going through the forums and came on your post. I didn't give it a second thought I just started posting and it wasn't until later that I thought I shouldn't have posted that under yours and gave myself a mental slap for doing do.

As for David. I didn't know who he was at the time but even had I known I would have argued my point that although salt didn't work for him it works for me and everyone it seems doesn't understand that. You included. As for the other stuff. I am afraid of DE all the precautions and possible side affects and then there are my animals to think about. They are inside cats, not used to being outdoors and salt has helped clear them up. I also didn't know about most of the stuff I have been reading on here today when I started with the salt.

I want to add here that I am 66 years old and not in the best health. The sprays I bought and used made me terribly sick in the beginning before I was told to try the salt. I had been reading an article on salt shortly before that as a possible way to help keep ants out of my apt so with that said I gave it a try and it worked.

I withdrew what I said and meant it but only up to a point. I withdrew because I hadn't given any thought to what others would do with the information I was putting out. I am on a very limited income so having professional help is out of the question for me.

As for not throwing away the box springs is simple and maybe you will understand when you get older. I have bad knees and I can't get up and down at all from a floor anymore and not from anything too low, so I thought that if I kept the box springs and put an air mattress on top and isolated the legs I could stop the flow of bed bugs, which by the way I do have, and have a place to sleep. It's not unheard of is it to want a place to sleep. My couch was gone. I had thrown that away.

I took the box springs outdoors and washed it thoroughly then let it dry in the sun and I slept in my buggy bed at the trailer then came back and put the box springs back in the bedroom. Isolated the legs with cans that have water in them. Short fix until I can find something better. I have a worry about the glass that is recommended breaking under the weight of the bed and then me. I salted the top of the box springs then put the air bed on top of that. So far it seems to have worked. Again I have to say I am on a Social Security check that comes in once a month so I have been saving for a new bed that I will encase hopefully next month. So that should explain the box springs situation shouldn't it? On second thought it was a mistake but I could replace it back then. Do you understand lack of money rules my life?

Huh, re images, just never thought of it, not sure I can find one at the moment but will look for them and see. All the ones I have left are real small, but will keep looking.

And I know they are bed bugs, I spent hours and days going through bugs of Arizona and always came back to bed bugs. Is that unheard of in bed bug world, that someone can Identify them without a professional for which I would have had to pay to come in and take a look?

All of you should realize that I didn't find this place right off. It took me weeks the first time then I lost my information to this site and just found it this morning again and have been hounded ever since.

My landlord knows. I told him right off. He isn't doing anything. If you had read the whole thing I posted you would have known that my landlord is my man friend who owns a duplex and although he has the bugs he isn't bothered by them. I will repeat. He has made the choice not to do anything about them on his side and because I DON'T PAY RENT it's up to me to take care of my side.

As for moving back in with my husband I would rather deal with the bed bugs. I visit over there, I live here.

Does that clear everything up for you?
    Kat

31. Katherine

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 17:34:56
    #

Login to Send PM

sorry, I meant I could not replace it back when I got the bed bugs. I should really read through, I keep forgetting to do that although I do use spell check.

32. bedbugman

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 17:59:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok this may have just overtaken the one about taking a bucket and a sheet to the cinema as the most entertaining thread of the year

33. Katherine

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 18:03:31
    #

Login to Send PM

And I will laugh right along with you.

34. bedbugman

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 18:13:13
    #

Login to Send PM

I was not laughing at you katherine I just find the whole bed bug panic thing in general quite amusing.

35. Katherine

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 18:16:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Ah ok, Laughing at me is fine. I don't have a problem with it. I am one of the most easy going people anyone can meet and very open minded also. Not your norm.

36. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 20:09:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Katherine - 6 hours ago  » 
    I am sure I have bed bugs. Ahh no to any kind of conformation on that other than what I saw and still see in the pictures I look up. I have seen them in every stage alive in some way or other on me or my bed and furniture and dead in the salt on the floor and bed. What I took for droppings must be dead small dead bugs then.

Hi katherine,

I would strongly encourage you to post a photo of those and anything else you see. When I said that before, I was suggesting a way we can help. If there's any chance that these are not bed bugs biting you, but something else -- and I think that is a strong possibility in this case, people here can help you figure that out. And knowing what's biting you is a HUGE part of finding a solution that works.

Many people here think they have bed bugs when they actually have another problem (bird mites, fleas, chyletiella mites, bat bugs, body lice, scabies, carpet beetles -- the list goes on and on).

Perhaps you have a different problem which can be controlled by the airing of sheets for two hours after washing, or the application of salt. If that is so, it would explain why you are insistent that the salt works for killing your bed bugs, but others have tested it and found it not so.

Hanging the clothes out in the hot sun for at least two hours just insures for me that they are dead.

My point is, if it's bed bugs, then this ensures no such thing.

AGAIN I DID NOT STATE ANYTHING ABOUT IT WORKING IN 7 DAYS.

You did, and I pointed you to the thread here where you said it back in June using another username.

Re read please what I wrote. I was talking about fleas.

In this other thread, where you posted as saltybites and suggested people try to kill bed bugs by putting salt down for seven days, you were talking about bed bugs. You did not mention fleas in that thread once. And that other thread you started is entitled, "Bed bugs and salt."

Because you insisted in that thread that salt put down was killing your bed bugs (and you said, here, "If you try the salt remember it has to be left in place for 7 days,") David Cain tested your idea for an entire week -- the period of time you insisted was crucial-- without success.

I think it was pretty clear from your posts above, too, that you have a recurrent bed bug problem you have been treating with salt, you feel it's working, and are basically suggesting others try it --despite the careful responses you were given in the other thread. Anyone can re-read the messages above and discern that for themselves.

You have my sympathy because treating bed bugs on a tight budget (or no budget) is really difficult. However, I hope you now see that (a) David tested your recommendation in a lab setting and it did not work, (b) suggestions like this are not helpful to others. Please do not offer any advice which is not proven to work.

Remember that just because you do something and at the same time notice fewer bites does not mean that action you're taking is leading to the desired outcome.

People waste a lot of time and money and energy on cures that don't work, even cheap ones. I hate to see that happen.

Finally, if you lose your login information again, there's a link where you log in to have your password reset.

help_me,

I am sorry your thread went off-topic, though I understand this was not katherine's intention. We try not to have threads go off-topic like this, but when someone is giving advice which is not likely to be helpful and may be harmful to others, it does seem important to address that.

37. help_me

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 20:16:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugs,
    I totally understand that it was necessary for the responses following up on hers to help clarify things that were said earlier.

My curiosity was mainly in why she chose to post here and stray from the topics already present to focus on her situation instead, it just seemed a tiny bit out of place. You have a PM by the way.

38. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 20:18:39
    #

Login to Send PM

bedbugman - 2 hours ago  » 
    I was not laughing at you katherine I just find the whole bed bug panic thing in general quite amusing.

bedbugman,

It's possible as I said that katherine has a different cause for her skin problems than bed bugs. But something is causing her to suffer and to spend a lot of time and energy trying to make it stop.

I guess it's not as funny when you're on the other side of the equation.

39. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 20:19:48
    #

Login to Send PM

help_me - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Nobugs,

My curiosity was mainly in why she chose to post here and stray from the topics already present to focus on her situation instead, it just seemed a tiny bit out of place.

I understand and it is a totally good question to be asking.

40. Katherine

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 20:21:51
    #

Login to Send PM

I am planning on doing that tomorrow, too dark now re photos. I know for sure they are not flea's. Had my fill of flea's when I lived in California where I was born and raised and I just saw a pic of carpet beatles on this site so now know that that is not the problem.

Ahh the other name. I forgot about that, ok I apologize to you. I have no memory of what I wrote back then. I lost everything from then.

I live in a hot dry and arid area. I am not the only one that has them, many other people in this small town have them and the whole state of AZ is having problems with them. My husband took a trip to phx, well several times and that is where the infestation has been the strongest. He brought them back with him, then the cats got them and so forth.

I will take the photos tomorrow but everything I see these days is dead or so small that I am not sure I can get a clear pic. will try and then enlarge what I get.

41. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 20:27:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Katherine - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Ahh the other name. I forgot about that, ok I apologize to you. I have no memory of what I wrote back then. I lost everything from then.

That's why I linked to the other post in my original response above. Not to beat a dead horse, but if you want us to read your posts carefully, please do the same for others!

I will take the photos tomorrow but everything I see these days is dead or so small that I am not sure I can get a clear pic. will try and then enlarge what I get.

That sounds good. There is a post with suggestions for getting good images and how to post them here.

42. Katherine

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 20:35:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Just looked at the phot suggestions. I don't own a phone camera. I do have a very good digital camera that I use all the time but I have never used any of the places you mentioned. I just download what i have in my photo program straight to the site I am posting the photos too.

Maybe I should join the 20th century, do you think? Making a funny here.

43. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 22:43:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Katherine - 2 hours ago  » 
    Just looked at the phot suggestions. I don't own a phone camera. I do have a very good digital camera that I use all the time but I have never used any of the places you mentioned. I just download what i have in my photo program straight to the site I am posting the photos too.
    Maybe I should join the 20th century, do you think? Making a funny here.

Hi Katherine,

A digital camera or camera phone are both okay.

I posted the suggestions because you can't upload photos directly to this site.
    Many people using a photo hosting site but I recommend using one of the ones recommended with an anonymous account -- for obvious reasons.

44. Katherine

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 22:46:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Have just finished doing that. So the account is in place for tomorrow shoot of bed bugs or not.

45. hevenbnd24

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 30 2011 12:08:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Help me: just wanted to say I understand. I don't think I will ever sleep the same, and would love some ingnorance and bliss again. We have just moved, or rather still are moving, and I am afraid of everything. LOL tape everywhere.

I never thought I would be telling the cable guy, as I handed him their modem back in a plastic bag, that he could either replace it or install it in the garage surrounded by double sided tape. (he decided to replace it, with full knowledge about bed bugs, and that it wasn't safe). I was very proud of my cable guy, he didn't start randomly scratching once....
    I really didn't see myself sleeping on an air mattress surrounded by tape. I feel your pain, and am thankful for these forums.

To Katherine: I really wouldn't argue with these guys. They help to seperate the myth from the truth, and help us in this battle. Did you hear the story about ppl dousing their whole house in alcohol, and then, because of the flammablilty, houses were burning down. These PCO's on here will tell you, yes, it's a contact killer, but not advised for broad use. As for salt, I don't know... We did a lot heat, and throwing stuff away, and are gassing stuff with Nuvan in a detached shed. I cooked my books and papers until the glue melted. I did these things because the PCO's on the forum gave guidelines, and dispelled the myths. Also, your box spring is a much better haven for BB than your mattress, also cheaper. Why save one but not the other?

The feces thing concerns me. I know a dead BB when I see it, whether an adult, or nymph. I wouldn't think it was feces, because it has legs. Feces is harder to spot, because it's usually in corners, folds etc. and looks like dots of a permanent marker. We saw "dots" around mattress seams, box spring corners, and the wheels of my rolling entertainment center (UGH!).
    I honestly hope you don't have them, anything would be better than this. Please don't take this as rude, just pointing out differences in hopes you have a different insect.

46. Katherine

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 30 2011 14:43:56
    #

Login to Send PM

When I first looked for them after finding my back bitten up I looked in the corner of the pillow top bed then lifted the little flap of fabric and found some not many with the feces. I then tried to clear the bed (I was a newbie back them) with sprays then after a couple of weeks decided to throw the mattress out, way out in the way far back yard.

The box springs I tried explaining to other. I am on a limited income. I at that point was living on very little of which most went to bills and gas, and food. I didn't have money left over to encase or even buy a new bed and I wasn't going to go the down the thrift store or someone elses trash route.

You got to remember what it was like in the very beginning. I do, I suppose most of you do. I was in denile, I thought give it 2 weeks and they would be gone. I have dealt with fleas most of my life so gave the bb a week more. I learned fast.

As for the air mattress I have slept on them for years and wasn't until I came to the apt that I went back to a bed. Someone elses bed. I much prefer the cooler air mattress. It is much better for my back and hips also. The air cushions your body. Works great, so that is why I bought the air mattress. I needed something on top of the box springs. Of course now after all is said and done, well not done I know if was a mistake and I should have looked for a better way.

Folks. This is for everyone. I am poor. Have any of you ever been so poor that you didn't know where your next meal would come from? It seems not to me because you all say this and that and those all cost money I didn't have.

Here in Arizona, I am not the only one that poor, it is better now but it wasn't then. I don't understand how you all can't understand that in this time frame.

Must be nice to have money for professional help and to have repeated heat treatments and to come down on someone for not being able to get those things right off! I did the best I could at the time, it wasn't perfect, it wasn't something I would ever repeat. I used the salt because it was CHEAP and still is for that matter!

Now do you all understand.

47. Louise

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 30 2011 14:52:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Katherine,

Hugs to you.

You are right. It would be incredibly difficult to have to deal with bed bugs without having any funds to throw at the problem. Heck, it's difficult enough when one *does* have money. What you're going through must be an absolute nightmare.

I hope you find a way to rid yourself of them...and I really hope it turns out to not be bed bugs at all, for your sake.

Louise

48. anna bbcrazy

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Nov 3 2011 8:28:30
    #

Login to Send PM

SmrtBB - 1 month ago  » 
    I feel for you. Know that you are not alone in your thinking and actions. I, too, worry about bugs all the time even though I haven't seen one in a long time. I always feel like something is crawling on me and have trouble sleeping. It may eventually come to the point where everyone has them. It certainly looks that way.

omg i feel for everyone ive recently found them in my home dont know how they got here or how to get rid of em ive been using demetrious erath excuse if spelled wrong my house is covered in the crap but yet seems like they still are here its embarrassing my grandkids 2 of em live with me and they are getting bit regurly it seems but yet i cant find none hiding in the bed seams ,frame or under the mattress we have loaded the de in every crack crevice of the house my grandson had to be moved from his room all furnishings were threw away from his room that was in the basement cuz it was loaded there with them im scared of the damn things but dont know how to stop them or what else to do im not rich and i cant afford to move and start over i live in md .and i fear passing them to other family members who visit god help us all

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,845 posts in 50,049 topics over 155 months by 21,878 of 22,364 members. Latest: Datnguyen, Mariam, GoingBananas