Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Will I ever be able to unpack my things from plastic bags.

(4 posts)
  1. Horrified and worse

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Nov 17 2010 10:15:57
    #

Login to Send PM

I had a mild infestation. I know they are in my couch, but have not seen them. I do sleep on the couch and have seen blood spots the size of pinheads or larger. Because there were no signs of them I was tol they probably werent there..but I have been vacuuming like a crazy woman.I cant afford a professional so I vacuum and spray and pray. With out a pro or even having a pro come in,will I ever be able to free myself from plastic bags ?

2. SearchandDestroy

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Nov 19 2010 22:47:20
    #

Login to Send PM

So you know for sure you have bbs in your couch? Do you get bites and find cast skins?

If so, how about a steamer?

What are you using to spray?

3. Horrified and worse

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Nov 19 2010 23:25:51
    #

Login to Send PM

I first saw the bedbugs on the side of my bed...only a few cast off shells and a few live ones. being naive, I didnt even realize what they were. I vacuumed them up. In the Spring I started to sleep on my couch and started getting bit and noticing pinhead size bloodmarks on the sheets. I am one of those people who does not get a reaction to them.But I feel them on me. I have tried a spray called Bedlam, but it takes so much to cover everything.I had someone inspect for me, but they didnt find any thing, cause dummy me vacuumed all evidence out of just plain fear. I am exhausted and am on meds to keep me from freaking out over this....I dont see an end in sight, and abandoning my comp and TV and furniture is not an option...I am 63 and could not afford to replace it all sighs...I feel doomed..

4. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Nov 19 2010 23:48:21
    #

Login to Send PM

I had someone inspect for me, but they didn't find any thing, cause dummy me vacuumed all evidence out of just plain fear.
    ---------------------
    If you actually saw live bed bugs there should be other evidence that would not be vacuumed away such as fecal stains. I say "actually" because what has become evident both personally -- as well as here -- is that very few people other than the experts can accurately identify a bed bug. That's because so many bugs just look so alike until you really study them.

What I'm getting at is that maybe you should step back at this point and focus on whether you had/have bed bugs at the moment, as opposed to focusing on the treatment, or worrying about whether you will ever get rid of them. Right now the only symptons you mention are pinhead size blood marks which are not definitive for bed bugs. Again, if you've had bed bugs this long there should be other more definitive signs.

The best approach would be to call in a professional who could inspect. Even if you have to borrow money, in the long run knowing one way or another will pay dividends.

If a professional inspection really isn't an option, you could purchase some inexpensive passive monitors. Two such devices are ClimbUp Interceptors and BBAlert Passive. A few weeks with either of these devices should be able to give you a very good idea whether or not you still have bed bugs.

If it turns out you have them, then you probably need a new strategy. But if not, then you can start unpacking and go back to living a life. Right now you're in a kind of limbo that can go on and on unless you resolve things.

Not saying you don't have bed bugs, but from what I've learned and observed here, there are doubts based on what you've written.

Richard

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,803 posts in 50,043 topics over 155 months by 21,876 of 22,362 members. Latest: jnnafnlys01, simo7, Datnguyen