Will bedbugs infest a carpet cleaner?

(5 posts)
  1. Freaking_out

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Fri Jun 21 2019 9:47:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Our first heat treatment failed and I'm in the process of setting up a second treatment. In the meantime I'd like to get the house clean because we need to move in (it was vacant). I bought a new vacuum and it is bagless would it be a bad idea to use it? Also we have a carpet cleaner, no steam. Will they infest the carpet cleaner as well, or would the chemicals used kill them? I'm not opposed to putting a little bleach in there as the carpets won't be bleached by it. I just don't want to use my things, get the house bug free but have my machines infested and spreading them again. I would die lol.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Fri Jun 21 2019 9:58:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

It should not be an issue but I am at a loss why you would not see the logic in dealing with this one major issue as a priority and set aside all other things until it’s complete.

I get a lot with people who find bedbugs during renovation. I always advise make the bedbugs the priority because to do it the other way around I may need to destroy your newly decorated room to fix the problem I could have done easily the first time.

Hope that makes sense.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. Freaking_out

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Fri Jun 21 2019 10:04:05
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 1 minute ago  » 
    Hi,
    It should not be an issue but I am at a loss why you would not see the logic in dealing with this one major issue as a priority

Anything I can do to help out the process, and get my family in the home faster. We have been living in a hotel for almost two months dealing with renovations and then finding the bed bugs. We had to come up with more money to pay for a very expensive heat treatment. We were originally told the house needed two things and it spiraled into whole new plumbing, dry wall and a list of other issues. We are financially drained and the sooner I can get into my home the better. That's the only reason I am even willing to enter the house and begin getting it clean to move in. I'm assuming this second heat treatment will do the trick and I can have my home. Thank you for the advice

4. Freaking_out

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Fri Jun 21 2019 10:06:35
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't plan on moving in until after the treatment has been declared a success, I have a severe bug phobia lol. I just want it clean so it's one less worry, if that makes sense.

5. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Fri Jun 21 2019 10:24:47
    #

Login to Send PM

You'll want to clean after the heat treatment, before would just be an unneeded step.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,427 posts in 50,192 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams