Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Will bed bugs travel on bare feet?

(4 posts)
  1. rebd2018

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jan 22 2018 15:49:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Everyone
    I just visited my mother who was treated for a bad bed bug infestation with heat and chemicals two months ago and then another chemical treatment two and a half weeks ago after finding a live bug. As a side bar I also got bed bugs from visiting my mom months back but have had treatment and no signs of bugs for over two months.
    I took several precautions during the recent visit keeping everything in ziploc bags and then bagging everything again before putting into my car. This will all go straight to the wash before bringing it back to my apartment. The day I left I went straight from the shower and putting on a fresh outfit that had been kept in ziploc to the door before throwing my sandals (also kept in ziploc) on the front step to slip on outside. My concern is that I didn’t check my bare feet as I left. Again I walked directly from shower and changing in the bathroom to the door to leave only stopping for a second or two to grab my bagged sandals and other bagged items. Should I be concerned that I may have carried a bug on my bare feet on my way out? I saw no signs of bugs during my stay but did not do any thorough checks.
    Thank you

2. bugged-cdn

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jan 22 2018 18:04:21
    #

Login to Send PM

I wouldn't worry about it. If you walked on one that just happened to be hanging out in the open (long shot), it got crushed.

3. F. Pazos

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jan 22 2018 18:14:15
    #

Login to Send PM

You are more than safe with the precautions that you have taken

Professional PCO based in Hong Kong specialized in Bed Bugs.
  4. rebd2018

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Jan 23 2018 17:44:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you everyone for your responses!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

285,272 posts in 47,474 topics over 146 months by 20,939 of 21,246 members. Latest: AT13, miteneedhelp, Crumbsornot