Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Will bed bug chemical treatment kill fleas and other bugs too? Expert advice?

(6 posts)
  1. freakingout123

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Feb 2 2018 22:52:03
    #

Login to Send PM

We had fleas in the fall. We got the all clear after treatment but we continue to get bit. When we knew for sure we had fleas, I didn't react to the bites. For the last 2 months I've been waking with bites. So I'm convinced we have bed bugs because we cannot find any evidence of anything. Our apartment complex will treat if I want without evidence. I know we shouldn't without some evidence but I'm desperate because my 5 year old is being bitten. So my question is, if I get the bed bug treatment and it is actually fleas or another bug will the treatment kill whatever it is? Hoping for advice from an expert if possible. Thanks for any input.

2. Hbreen

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Feb 3 2018 1:49:52
    #

Login to Send PM

A good PCO will be able to find fleas Vs bedbugs. Other surrounding units need checked as well. There are a couple pesticides out that kill both fleas and bedbugs that I know of. I'm no where near a professional just someone who's been through the hell. I freaked out every step of the way to boot lol

I don't recommend treating with out proof, however I do recommend getting a new PCO to inspect if necessary. Also I missed them for weeks being inexpiereinced no matter how much I looked up things on the internet. I'm no pro...

3. thirdusername

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Feb 3 2018 1:51:38
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not an expert but my treatment killed some ants and there was some other bug killed.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  4. freakingout123

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sun Feb 4 2018 10:18:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Hbreen - 1 day ago  » 
    A good PCO will be able to find fleas Vs bedbugs. Other surrounding units need checked as well. There are a couple pesticides out that kill both fleas and bedbugs that I know of. I'm no where near a professional just someone who's been through the hell. I freaked out every step of the way to boot lol
    I don't recommend treating with out proof, however I do recommend getting a new PCO to inspect if necessary. Also I missed them for weeks being inexpiereinced no matter how much I looked up things on the internet. I'm no pro...

Thanks Hbreen
    I've been through the hell also, 8 years ago. I live in an apartment so I don't have a choice of pco. I've got homemade climb ups on the legs of my bed and sticky glue traps scattered everywhere around the apartment. Haven't caught any fleas or bed bugs. I also have a couple homemade flea traps set up. I know I shouldn't treat without finding something but it's hard seeing your kids get bites. Luckily his don't itch yet but mine do.

5. freakingout123

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Feb 5 2018 7:59:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Still hoping an expert will comment please.

6. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Feb 5 2018 11:50:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Why would you waste your time with a treatment when you don't know the problem? If you're concerned about your five year old having skin reactions don't you think it worthwhile to find the actual cause instead of spraying chemicals and hoping?

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

270,474 posts in 44,027 topics over 133 months by 19,280 of 19,908 members. Latest: ehboys, Ohio111111, trez1336