Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

Wife is struggling with it all

(3 posts)
  1. paulfoel

newbite

Posted 6 days ago
    Sat Jan 12 2019 5:41:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Admitted the other day she just wanted to burn the whole house down and start again. And that the idea had crossed her mind.

Very worrying of course. We've had a pro in and it looks like they have gone. BUT, she still says she gets the occasional bite. We've got passive monitors in the bedrooms and nothing and no other signs. Put DE down as well - more to keep her happy that this was an extra thing to be honest.

BUT we found some very similar looking bugs in the en suite bathroom. I know people on this forum have said they wont be in the en suite but we've found 3 now. Hoping they are bat bugs NOT beg bugs (David on this forum is kindly id for us). But thats freaked her even more.

Know its common for people to think they've got bites still. Anyone else get issues or partner whos the same? I can see how hard it is for some people.

My wifes the type to freak first without looking at the evidence.

2. SalsaVince

Posted 5 days ago
    Sat Jan 12 2019 17:39:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Paul,
    I think your saga has been going on for a couple of months now? It does get old doesn't it? Your wife's sentiments sound similar to most on here that are currently experiencing bugs, especially when it's taking longer than they may have anticipated to be done with it. I believe my mom said the exact same words. I'm sure she wouldn't actually do that, well almost sure, but they are just a way of venting frustration.
    And yes, after going through the experience, it's natural to be hypersensitive to marks and irritations on the skin and assume the worst but I wouldn't completely dismiss her bites that she says she still gets occasionally. Just be understanding and encouraging. All you have to go on is the monitors and visual inspections to measure your success and it sounds like you're getting close to the finish line. That is odd with the location of those remaining bugs but hopefully you get them under control too. In the mean time, be sure to keep doing things that you enjoy together that take your minds off of bed bugs for a while. Hang in there.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."
    Not an expert. Just a survivor who's still learning.
    Vince
  3. paulfoel

newbite

Posted 4 days ago
    Sun Jan 13 2019 11:54:37
    #

Login to Send PM

SalsaVince - 18 hours ago  » 
    Paul,
    I think your saga has been going on for a couple of months now? It does get old doesn't it? Your wife's sentiments sound similar to most on here that are currently experiencing bugs, especially when it's taking longer than they may have anticipated to be done with it. I believe my mom said the exact same words. I'm sure she wouldn't actually do that, well almost sure, but they are just a way of venting frustration.
    And yes, after going through the experience, it's natural to be hypersensitive to marks and irritations on the skin and assume the worst but I wouldn't completely dismiss her bites that she says she still gets occasionally. Just be understanding and encouraging. All you have to go on is the monitors and visual inspections to measure your success and it sounds like you're getting close to the finish line. That is odd with the location of those remaining bugs but hopefully you get them under control too. In the mean time, be sure to keep doing things that you enjoy together that take your minds off of bed bugs for a while. Hang in there.

Cheers. I guess a lot of it is initial shock and horror, then you get someone in and think its sorted. Then you see more.

But like you say, nothing in the traps, Im sure we're almost there to be honest....

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

283,867 posts in 47,243 topics over 145 months by 20,836 of 21,126 members. Latest: pinkfoxes, Tomwilson28, aeb19