Wicker baskets?

(4 posts)
  1. Shellebrity

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Sep 16 2017 10:51:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi friends. First time experiencing BBs and it's been pretty traumatic so far. Extermination is scheduled for Monday morning and I'm bagging up everything. I have a handful of wicker baskets with fabric liners, some of which are under my bed (which, along with the futon in the other room, are the only places bites have been confirmed to take place). I'm sending out all my clothing and linens to a specialized laundry service; do you think it's worth washing the liners and spraying the baskets with 91% alcohol, or should I just toss them and get new ones?

On top of that, the baskets under my bed have all of my DVDs in these felt and plastic "DVD sox"--do you think those could have eggs? The sleeves are expensive so I don't want to have to replace them. Would freezing be the best choice for those?

Thank you all for being so helpful (I've read a lot of other threads) and encouraging!!

2. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Sep 16 2017 12:06:41
    #

Login to Send PM

If there's no sentimental attachment to the wicker, I'd toss it. There's far too many hiding spots for me personally to ever feel as though it's been completely cleaned and free of them. For the DVD's and other non-washables, ask your PCO or look in to getting Nuvan Strips. They emit a gas that kills the bugs when placed in a certain type of containment for 2-3 weeks or a month.

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
    My profession is medical, which is where I am confident in any advice I give, however rare it may be.
  3. Shellebrity

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Sep 16 2017 12:34:28
    #

Login to Send PM

No sentimental attachment, just another expense to add to the long list

4. Shellebrity

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Sep 16 2017 12:57:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Additionally, I've been reading up on DDVP strips and since I live in a small NYC apartment, I don't have any space that isn't used to store them--the CDC says they should only be used in areas that are occupied by people less than 4 hours per day. Sound like my DVDs may end up in the freezer!!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

282,433 posts in 46,993 topics over 143 months by 20,740 of 21,015 members. Latest: Hippofromvenus, befuggled, javachip