Why Phantom shouldn't be used with some Pesticides

(2 posts)
  1. Davetox

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Aug 30 2014 22:24:45
    #

Login to Send PM

While it's generally best to rely on professional pesticide companies to treat your residence, if you can't afford one or have had problems finding a good company and decide to treat yourself, I thought I'd explain why you shouldn't use Phantom with some other pesticides.

Simple Answer: Other pesticides can interfere with the effectiveness of Phantom.

More detailed Answer: Phantom is a "pro-pesticide". It's a toxin from bacteria that someone figured out insects metabolize to a poison that kills them.

In contrast, one of the ways to make pyrethroid pesticides such as Temprid more effective against bed bugs who have resistance is to add a synergist that interferes with the metabolism of the pyrethroid. Products like Home Defense already have a synergist.

The problem is that if a pesticide with a synergist is used in the same area that Phantom is used, the synergist will reduce the effectiveness of Phantom. This has been shown in study that examined how synergists would impact the effectiveness of Phantom against mosquitoes.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Sep 2 2014 23:57:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Helpful to know, thanks!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,748 posts in 49,541 topics over 153 months by 21,704 of 22,148 members. Latest: germanhippie, Sportbb42, Katieaus