Why i think this site kind blows.

(22 posts)
  1. BBGenocide

Duplicate Acct Closed

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Feb 3 2011 16:24:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Seems to east coast centric. Trying to find help for bb's in colorado is a joke, over priced usually, and no one talks about their experience here yet denver is ranked 6 on the bed bug list. So go figure.

2. peppy

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Feb 3 2011 16:34:17
    #

Login to Send PM

The site is made up of people who use it. If people from Denver aren't coming to the site to participate, there isn't much that can be done about that. Having said that, I have seen several people from the west coast on this forum. There are also a lot of threads and links on the site that aren't specific to any area and might be helpful.

3. jrbtnyc

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Feb 3 2011 16:45:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Not exactly sure what you mean by "this site kind blows".

If you're being critical of the site, I strenuously beg to differ. If you visit the site regularly you'll note the administrator puts in an amazing amount of hard work with exceptional smarts. Look at all the extensive detailed faqs for instance. She has taken the initiative to create this forum which is such a big help to so many people. Yes she derives some revenue from it, but based on what superficial impressions I have about internet advertising not necessarily being all that lucrative unless maybe you're some massive entity like Google, I take her at her word that the revenue is not overwhelming and that's why she can't do the site full-time or even half-time. In fact I just had a bit of an online chat with her last night around 3:30am about a technical problem concerning posts so what does that tell you about the kind of hours she's putting in.

Sure, Colorado and other locations away from the coasts may tend to be under-represented because they're lightly populated compared to the coasts. So may I sound a clarion call: everyone would be delighted if you personally decide to take the initiative to find out whatever you're able to find out about anti-bb resources available in your area and begin posting the information you find to help your fellow Coloradoans and westerners.

4. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Feb 3 2011 17:21:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey, Geno: Everyone knows that there are only BB in New York (except for veryone who knows that only Cincinnati has BB, or Toronto).

I don't believe that it's preordained that everyone love this forum. That said, we've had plenty of participation from around the USA and around the world. Some notable examples:

Toronto
    - BugsinTO

Vancouver
    - Sean the bed bug resource

Florida
    - Doug Summers

London
    - David Cain, the bed bug company

Sheffield
    - Richard Naylor

Milan
    - Franco Cassini, pest2000 (effeci)

West coast
    - SpideyJG
    - Buggy in Socal

Colorado
    - Kira DS 09

Colorado is also base for David James, creator of the PackTite and the Beacon.

If you want to see more mentions of Denver or Colorado, here's a Google link:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=denver+OR+colorado+site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fbedbugger.com%2Fforum%2F&hl=en&num=10&lr=&ft=i&cr=&safe=off

Grass roots bed bug activism is happening because individuals or groups are finding a lack of resources and good information. Some cities have set up local BB activist groups (and sites). Perhaps Denver has one, or there's an opportunity to create one.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  5. djames1921

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Feb 3 2011 18:41:40
    #

Login to Send PM

The west has got mad presence on this site, packtite and the bed bug beacon both come from the west side (colorado). I'm holding my gang sign "w" with my fingers as i type this one handed.

6. BBGenocide

Duplicate Acct Closed

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Feb 3 2011 21:47:39
    #

Login to Send PM

What makes me mad is that I and others have posted a few times about Colorado and we get next to no response. I just wish this place was more mainstream. I hate mainstream in most cases. Seriously though, I just wish I could figure out this bed bug thing.

If I ever figure out how to get rid of these things and do what a great pco like killer queen does, I might go into business here and try to rid the world of bed bugs.

7. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Feb 3 2011 21:50:29
    #

Login to Send PM

What makes me mad is that I and others have posted a few times about Colorado ..
    ----------------------
    And what state is Colorado in?

8. BBGenocide

Duplicate Acct Closed

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Feb 3 2011 21:53:24
    #

Login to Send PM

In what state? Lol.

Hahaha

9. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Feb 3 2011 22:38:49
    #

Login to Send PM

BBGenocide - 48 minutes ago  » If I ever figure out how to get rid of these things and do what a great pco like killer queen does, I might go into business here and try to rid the world of bed bugs.

Here's something to get you started. http://www.michigan.gov/documents/emergingdiseases/Bed_Bug_Manual_v1_full_reduce_326605_7.pdf

This and mor on the Resources page.

What was that about "mainstream"? What makes a place "mainstream" or not "mainstream"?

10. scaredsilly

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Feb 3 2011 22:42:12
    #

Login to Send PM

I was trying to hold my tongue but I just had to respond. This site is a true gift. I'm on the West coast and there are no good PCO's in my service area. Without the facts on this forum and the input of such kind and generous people, I'd be out of my mind. (Wait, maybe I am already out of my mind...) but I'd be MUCH worse off. Dont look a gift horse in the mouth. You cant blame Nobugs for lack of help in your area. In fact, by continuing to ask for help in underserved areas, maybe others will get the idea to go into the bedbug business and we'll be better off in the long run.

11. Koebner

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Feb 4 2011 9:57:34
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm in the UK & seem to finally be living bug-free after years of misery

However, I still come here often - the FAQs alone are beyond rubies & I'm convinced that public education on bed bugs is the most important weapon in fighting the wretched parasites, so all reliable news & info is grist to my mill.

I try to get UK PCOs to use the site - they're still largely playing catch-up on bed bugs & our health & housing officials have missed the opportunity to learn from the experience of N America. We now have a serious & growing problem.

I tell friends, neighbours &, whenever possible, the media about this site.

12. Jenn28

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Feb 4 2011 10:37:11
    #

Login to Send PM

This site is a life saver! It's not about where people live, it's about support, ideas, questions etc etc etc.

13. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Feb 4 2011 10:44:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Yeah, this site blows, it blows all others into a cocked hat.

Like all sites you get out of it what you are willing to put into it.

I once visited a web forum where you had to be a member for a year before you could post a discussion or start a new thread. Those who stuck around and logged in everyday for a year were after that having great conversations having read all the background information over the year. I don't advocate that for bedbugs but I often think the details on how to post should only be accessible at the end of the FAQ's.

This site is great information, great sounding board, safe haven, hope, humor and support that is only possible through hard work and people giving of their free time. There are very few places out there where you can post a picture and get feedback within a matter of minutes at all times of the night and day.

All that said welcome, I hope you read more and see where the value lies for you.

David

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  14. DustinBBKiller

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Feb 4 2011 12:30:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Midwest-coast checking in!

But seriously, this site is one of the best to go to for info pertaining to bedbugs. Who gives a rats ass if you haven't seen someone from Colorado who has had a problem. There are tons of people here who can, and will, help you out in anyway they can.

I'm sure there are plenty of companies in your area. If not, Then try to DIY. There is no better place for information, first hand or otherwise, than here.

And finally, your last option: If you don't like it, then leave. Otherwise, just settle down and have some patience. There is hope.

15. tiredofvampires

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Feb 4 2011 12:48:25
    #

Login to Send PM

BBGenocide - 14 hours ago  » 
    What makes me mad is that I and others have posted a few times about Colorado and we get next to no response. I just wish this place was more mainstream. I hate mainstream in most cases. Seriously though, I just wish I could figure out this bed bug thing.
    If I ever figure out how to get rid of these things and do what a great pco like killer queen does, I might go into business here and try to rid the world of bed bugs.

The only way I have found to be sure their all gone including eggs is to tent the house like they do for termites and they have to use 4 times the gas used to kill termites according to my husbands boss who owns a tenting company in FL. It is quite costly but guaranteed no more bugs. I am living with the vampires myself right now trying to save enough money to tent and trying to eradicate them myself to no avail. Every time I think they are gone I get a new bite or see a live bug. I can not wait to collect enough money to tent my home.

16. tiredofvampires

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Feb 4 2011 13:01:30
    #

Login to Send PM

If you think Colorado is expensive to seek treatment in come to Florida they wont guarantee any attempt except tenting your home and it is approximately 3000 dollars for a small home. As I have to try to save that much for my house. I tried DIY every time I think they are gone I get a new bite or see a new bug. I am either saving the money or I am walking away with the clothes on my back after I wash and dry them in a very hot dryer as that does kill them and the eggs At least that is what they told me.

17. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Feb 5 2011 1:15:57
    #

Login to Send PM

BBGenocide - 1 day ago  » 
    What makes me mad is that I and others have posted a few times about Colorado and we get next to no response. I just wish this place was more mainstream.

As Ci said, it's okay if you don't like the site.

However, you can't blame those of us not in Colorado if no one in Colorado is answering your local questions when you post them. We've had plenty of folks from Denver and Colorado as a whole around here, but there may not be many at any given time.

The site really is for anyone, anywhere.

That's a great plan.

KillerQueen has a good reputation here as do some of our other pros. However, lots of people all over the world get rid of bed bugs without access to KillerQueen or David Cain. There will be people who know what they're doing near you. I know sometimes it can be hard to find them.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  18. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Feb 5 2011 1:55:22
    #

Login to Send PM

There ain't much SoCal bug coverage but no matter bug killin' is bug killin'.

Read the guides, read the labels, read the biology, listen to David and KQ, and arm yourself.

I did.

Jim

19. BBGen0cide

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Feb 10 2011 20:09:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Even if Killerqueen lived in denver, I could not afford him, it sucks.

20. bugnut

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Feb 10 2011 20:58:41
    #

Login to Send PM

I love this site! It helped me more than any other resource!

Huzzah to No Bugs!

21. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Feb 10 2011 21:28:24
    #

Login to Send PM

BBGen0cide - 1 hour ago  » 
    Even if Killerqueen lived in denver, I could not afford him, it sucks.

If I worked in Denver, could you afford NOT to use me?

22. BBGen0cide

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Feb 11 2011 0:54:44
    #

Login to Send PM

KillerQueen - 3 hours ago  » 
    Test

Wish that he made and instructional dvd on how to find, kill them. What products to use etc.. He should train all bed bug pcos.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,432 posts in 50,192 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams