(3 posts)
  1. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Sep 4 2019 10:53:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I was contemplating this while looking at a thread I was going to reply on an I think its a valid enough point to raise in its own right.

I often come across as overly negative about "magic bullets" and "miracle cures" and I think its worth explain a little bit about where that comes from. In part there is a the reality that I have been active in this field for a very long time and in fact if you look for the first full timer you will find me. as this is a title you cant really claim in 2019 it has an appeal to those wishing to gain traction int he market. Yes I have literally had all the vendors seek me out over the years, some offers have been tempting (they have been large) but I am not in this for a quick buck.

The reality is that bedbugs are an amazing organism that has an ability to adapt and survive, they outlived the dinosaurs and will most likely out live humans as well. I have encountered and tackled insecticide resistance and literally moved on to methods where that was not an issue. However, the reality is that new product X will still face the same evolutionary pressures as old product Y and the bedbugs will win. There are increasing calls for insecticides to be tested on field strains of bedbugs because we know that bedbugs kept int he lab quickly loose the resistance genes and as such the testing data is not field valid.

There is a lot of smoke and mirrors in this field and there are many examples of products sold as X which are in fact Y and in some of those cases Y costs pennies until it is labelled for bedbugs. The easy way to spot these is the claims just don't stack up. Sadly a product of poor science and people not actually stopping to understand what is happening.

Another major influence which often does not get discussed in the spectrum of living conditions in peoples homes. You are not all the same, some are minimalist and logical and a delight to work with. Others have floordrobes and need a more boot camp based solution.

Wen you start to look at this from an efficiency and service perspective you start to realise that one of the only things that is constant is the natural behavior of the bedbugs themselves. we want bedbugs to behave normally because that is the most predictable state they can be in. Yes in my world of having seen thousands upon thousands of cases the similarities becomes the solutions.

Now this may seem at odds to my stance of simplicity and magic bullets but the reality is that bedbugs and the way that they behave when left to their own devices is the definition of "conserved behavior" because it always displays the same way in consistent circumstances.

This is also why I increasingly refer people to TbyPMR because that is pretty much where the basics can be found, you then need to work on translating that to your home and circumstances. Think of it as a tool box, what you need to fix depends on your circumstances and the task at hand.

It also stripes out all the non essentials and added costs which can make bedbugs a painful experience for anyone.

Hope this makes so sense to people looking for solutions.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  2. need_help_please

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Sep 4 2019 22:45:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the thread. Is passive monitor available in southeast asia actually? I only see one on amazon, but amazon products aren't directly from the provider, so I kinda feel iffy.

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Sep 5 2019 5:52:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

In that region of the world they are usually sold as Ensystex Passive Monitors, if you PM me a link to what you have seen I will let you know if its valid.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,691 posts in 49,781 topics over 154 months by 21,790 of 22,255 members. Latest: bedbugsonthebrain, Worried-bedbugger, Smacker82