White House Infested With Bedbugs After Biden Brings In Recliner Off The Curb

(18 posts)
  1. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jan 26 2011 14:21:22
    #

Login to Send PM

White House Infested With Bedbugs After Biden Brings In Recliner Off The Curb

This appears to be an old story but I thought that it is worth a post.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/white-house-infested-with-bedbugs-after-biden-brin,7070/

2. phantom2112

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jan 26 2011 14:25:12
    #

Login to Send PM

You do know that The Onion is fake/comedic news, right?

3. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jan 26 2011 14:28:00
    #

Login to Send PM

How do you figure?
    It says at the top of the site that it is
    America's Finest News Source.

4. phantom2112

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jan 26 2011 14:32:41
    #

Login to Send PM

It's all fake news. It's a sattirical website, it's supposed to make you laugh. See: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Onion

Just look at the other articles too, you'll see.

5. phantom2112

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jan 26 2011 14:37:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Weird, my posts aren't showing up for some reason? But yes, it's a fake/sattire news source. No worries! I promise you it is not real news. Google "the onion / wikipedia"

6. EffeCi

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jan 26 2011 14:43:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Damn... in our Premier's home nothing...

7. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jan 26 2011 14:45:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Did you see the other story on Biden?

Shirtless Biden Washes Trans Am In White House Driveway.

I didn't know the Biden liked Muscle Cars.

8. phantom2112

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jan 26 2011 14:52:01
    #

Login to Send PM

lieutenantdan - 23 minutes ago  » 
    How do you figure?
    It says at the top of the site that it is
    America's Finest News Source.

Oh wait, was this sarcasm? Sorry, I'm slow I thought you were serious at first..

9. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jan 26 2011 14:54:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Wiki WHO?
    This site must be wrong.
    I have a friend who is married to his first cousin who has a friend that says she worked at the Onion who says that the stories are true.

10. phantom2112

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jan 26 2011 15:41:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay, okay.. I get it now, you knew already. Like I said it's hard to read sarcasm over the internet I was worried people would think it was real and panic, lol.

11. DustinBBKiller

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jan 26 2011 15:49:14
    #

Login to Send PM

phantom2112 - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Okay, okay.. I get it now, you knew already. Like I said it's hard to read sarcasm over the internet I was worried people would think it was real and panic, lol.

I read the thread title and LMAO. No panic here

12. victimized

new username: help_me

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jan 26 2011 15:57:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Damn. So wish this was true! It would make it much easier to take knowing the highest officials are suffering right along with us. Already found something discussing what no one ever discusses... celebrity bed bug infestations! Was glad to read that as you know damned well because they travel so much and so many 4 star places are infested that they have to be getting them too.

What sucks for them, is that their houses are so much bigger! Was watching a show about decorating and what style of home and decor I would have once drooled over I was watching and shaking my head thinking.. omg lady, if you ever get bed bugs you're SCREWED! She bought a Victorian home on Long Island and totally redid it, using much of the furnishings the original celebrity owner had left in the attic. She had restored wicker in her living room, an entire wall of bookshelves and decorative books, and even a wicker rug!!

Carter had no heat on in the white house duringthe fuel shortage and cold winter because he wanted to share the suffering with American people so I am all for Obama and gang having bed bugs. What's more, how incredibly different are the fumigation processes for the idle wealthy who end up infested? I bet they get services us pee-ons can't get and get rid of them 1-2-3.

13. DustinBBKiller

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jan 26 2011 16:18:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Victimized, We all know who ends up footing the bill for any kind treatments done at the white house. Not to mention, what would they use? The government preaches about "being green" yet will they use the resources needed for thermal? Or will they use a pesticide? Then whats gonna be the explanation of which they chose? It'd be fun to watch, thats for sure.

14. victimized

new username: help_me

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jan 26 2011 16:53:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Perhaps they should be planted there by someone just to give it a test run lol or at least ask at a conference.
    Headline:
    "Just in, a suspected bomb/mystery package was discovered in the White House this afternoon by a staff person. Officials evacuated the home immediately and upon opening the package by a bomb squad discovered was not a bomb but in fact... full of bed bugs? Fumigation of the home is now underway."

15. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jan 26 2011 17:18:34
    #

Login to Send PM

victimized - 1 hour ago  » 

Carter had no heat on in the white house duringthe fuel shortage and cold winter because he wanted to share the suffering with American people so I am all for Obama and gang having bed bugs. What's more, how incredibly different are the fumigation processes for the idle wealthy who end up infested? I bet they get services us pee-ons can't get and get rid of them 1-2-3.

We're all still suffering because Carter was such a wonderful human being.

16. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jan 26 2011 22:15:33
    #

Login to Send PM

1. Funny!

2. With thousands of people working and/or visiting in the WH and the EOB across the street, I have a hunch they've dealt with BB. Their facilities managers likely have a systematic approach to inspection and treatment. If they have their own bowling alley and theatre, they likely have PCOs on staff or speed dial, plus state-of-the art gear.

3. The VP lives at the Naval Observatory, so POTUS would be really, really pissed if he crashed and trashed the WH.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  17. scaredsilly

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jan 26 2011 22:58:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks LD! I laughed so hard, I cried for about 5 minutes. First real laugh in a long time. Glad you are sharing some positivity!

18. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Feb 1 2011 13:25:19
    #

Login to Send PM

I am glad that I could bring a little humor in the midst of bed bug suffering.
    It does help to laugh a little.
    Personally I got a kick out of Phantom 2112's responses. Phantom, I am glad to see that you finally caught on, I was worried about you.
    Now, get back to hunting and steaming!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,647 posts in 50,007 topics over 154 months by 21,868 of 22,349 members. Latest: fightingback, Jenloaa, pleasestop