Which company is better

(5 posts)
  1. vermontbedbugs

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri May 25 2012 15:24:33
    #

Login to Send PM

These are my only options: Terminex or Orkin or a local company?

Orkin said they charge for inspection but apply that towards the bill and they only treat them where they find them

Terminex does free inspections but the operator was not informative of their procedures.

Also called a I think local company called Presidential Pest Services and they do free inspections also.

A couple locally owned company's just had answering machines.

2. brooklyn_bites

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri May 25 2012 18:42:33
    #

Login to Send PM

I've heard Terminex is awful and I'd be skeptical about any company who says they "only treat them where they find them". Your entire apartment should be treated if you have them. Maybe try the independent company, though I can't vouch for them specifically.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri May 25 2012 22:31:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Orkin and Terminex vary from
    one location to another. Have a look at yelp.com and see if the reviews for local pest control operators mention bed bugs.

Keep in mind that large firms in nearby and not-so-close cities-- even cities in neighboring states-- may serve your area.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. bbsnack

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri May 25 2012 23:38:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Try looking up "bed bugs and beyond". Just call their toll free number and they will refer you to someone. One of the pros on this forum recommended it to me and they were very helpful.

5. vermontbedbugs

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat May 26 2012 20:01:53
    #

Login to Send PM

They don't seem to be in vermont, at least that is what the web site says I will give them a call thought.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,788 posts in 49,802 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991