where to put the ziplock bags?

(10 posts)
  1. diebedbugsdie

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Aug 5 2009 11:08:32
    #

Login to Send PM

This may be a dumb question, but i want to make sure I am taking all the precautions need. I bagged all my cloths in the XL ziplock bags. Can I put them back in the wooden drawers that they were in? I'm not sure if the drawers are infected or if it matters. A response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. parakeets

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Aug 5 2009 13:53:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Once the clothes are sealed in ziplock bags you can put the ziplock bags back in the drawers and the bedbugs can't get inside the sealed ziplock bags unless the bags are punctured or you don't seal them tight enough. I now keep all my freshly laundered clothes in ziplock bags in the drawers and have never once found a bedbug in the clothes since I've been doing it.

3. buggedout16

Posted 9 years ago
    Sat Nov 21 2009 22:35:00
    #

Login to Send PM

What about a bag that you set on the laundry room floor while putting all your clean/dry clothes into it, for about 10 minutes? And that the bottom of the bag hit the stairs a little bit on the way up to my apartment. It's an apartment complex (not the same building I'm in) and I don't know at all if anyone else has them, and I don't know where to put these bags- I know they're clean on the inside but not sure about the outside. I don't have a garage or porch or whatever to put them on, to really isolate them. I haven't been treated yet (PCO comes Monday). Should I bring the bags back into my bedroom, or leave them by my door in the living room? (That's where they are right now and I'm now having thoughts of some bugs having escaped and now spreading/hiding in my living room or worse, going out the front door to someone else's place.) Please help me... I'm sorry for all the questions, I'm just kinda freakin out again.

4. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Sat Nov 21 2009 23:07:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Check with your PCO.
    AFAIK, plastic is not BB's favorite material, and since it's a smooth surface, less risk of BB making it their home. Most likely, the PCO will not treat the bags, but after treatment, any bugs on the bag "should" step off to feed and then they're doomed. With any bag, you need to inspect the surface before opening to make sure there are no bugs hanging around (and will inadvertently end up inside), so check the zip top and the bottom pleat (if your bag has one). Also, don't overload the pleated bags, as the pleats do sometimes blow out. As per laundry, you can a. inspect the bags as per above, b. get a plastic laundry basket to protect the bottom of the bag. if possible only place your basket on smooth, hard, uncluttered surfaces, less likely to have BB hanging out. You can rinse off the basket in your tub later. You are going to be a pro at this in no time.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  5. buggedout16

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Nov 22 2009 1:31:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks cilecto... you are so patient.

One thing... should I leave the bags out in my living room (which I'm not sure is infested) or bring them back to my bedroom (where I saw the bug Friday so pretty sure that's the main site). Or does it even matter? I guess, bottom line, are these bags a big risk to spread the bugs to my living room if they're not already there?

6. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Nov 22 2009 1:57:17
    #

Login to Send PM

buggedout16 - 24 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks cilecto... you are so patient.
    One thing... should I leave the bags out in my living room (which I'm not sure is infested) or bring them back to my bedroom (where I saw the bug Friday so pretty sure that's the main site). Or does it even matter? I guess, bottom line, are these bags a big risk to spread the bugs to my living room if they're not already there?

sorry, I'm beyond my expertise at this. Anyone?

7. bugbuster

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Nov 22 2009 16:13:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Cilecto, what size bags do you use in your drawers?

8. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Nov 22 2009 17:06:26
    #

Login to Send PM

bugbuster - 41 minutes ago  » 
    Cilecto, what size bags do you use in your drawers?

is this gonna end up on a subway ad (like the mattress covers endorsed by Cooper)?

I mix it up, different containers for different purposes. XL or XXL for transport, various for storage. XL to protect my backpack and clothing when visiting a risky location (I always pack some bags). For underwear, socks, t shirts, I sometimes make a 1 day "kit" and use a knotted poly bag (bought) or a few extra swiped from the produce section, ditto for items coming home. Deli quart or pint container for storing mothballs. 18 gallon totes ($4 @ HD) to corral the bags. 5 gallon paint buckets for air tight fumigation. SpaceBag garment bags for hanging items.

Hope this helps.

9. bugbuster

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon Nov 23 2009 15:13:56
    #

Login to Send PM

That really does help, thanks! And I promise, you will not wind up sandwiched in between Protect-a-Bed and Jonathan Zizmor

10. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon Nov 23 2009 18:25:05
    #

Login to Send PM

How about the Remy ads?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,395 posts in 48,808 topics over 150 months by 21,434 of 21,838 members. Latest: dc8184, bedbugtoronto, stinson