(8 posts)
  1. saurebugger

newbite

Posted 10 months ago
    Sat Nov 3 2018 12:17:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a place to buy an affordable heat chamber in the EU (PackTite, ZappBug, etc). I'm in France and the only things I've found online ship from the US, which, assuming they're built to US electrical specs, won't do me much good here.

And to that point, is anyone aware of a non-commercial bed bug heater that's built to European specs? (I'm thinking tri-flo, etc. Bed bugs have become a real problem in here but very few PCOs have much experience in dealing with them, so I was thinking of investing, for peace of mind, in a reliable home solution to turn to in order to deal with them the next time it comes up (which feels inevitable).

Many thanks in advance!

2. Anna_nobugs

newbite

Posted 10 months ago
    Thu Nov 15 2018 15:20:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey there,
    I am very interested in this option also, but cant find any information at all about this. I have sent a mail to the Zappbug people to see if they can be plugged in here in the EU but as yet no reply..

3. Anna_nobugs

newbite

Posted 10 months ago
    Thu Nov 15 2018 15:23:16
    #

Login to Send PM

i just checked my mail and they literally just wrote back. No, they wont work in the EU..

4. pampas

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Jun 30 2019 12:39:43
    #

Login to Send PM

I've recently sent an email to zapbug and they told me they will enter the EU market this July.

5. saurebugger

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Jun 30 2019 12:46:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Good to know! I feel like treatment options here are so limited. Thanks for following up on this!

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Jun 30 2019 13:26:39
    #

Login to Send PM

saurebugger - 39 minutes ago  » 
    Good to know! I feel like treatment options here are so limited. Thanks for following up on this!

Odd, I feel the exact opposite.

We have all the tools we need, people just need to learn to use them.

David

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  7. saurebugger

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Jun 30 2019 16:07:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, it’s slim pickens here in Paris. Do you know any PCOs in France who are good with bed bugs, David? All of the companies I dealt with are pretty out to lunch—but bombs, spraying kind of willy-milky, reciting a lot of misinformation, and so on.

8. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Jun 30 2019 23:50:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Yes, I have been to Dijon for jobs before now, it’s a long drive from London but it gets the job done.

We have the correct tools in the EU but as with the RoW the industry generally lacks the foresight and understanding to evolve. However if you can’t access skilled service providers you can access the kits we have made available online and with time to read and understand you can most likely do the job better than the local service companies.

The glass is always either half full or half empty but we have a choice which of the two it is.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,727 posts in 49,537 topics over 153 months by 21,702 of 22,146 members. Latest: HelpMe342, tristramshandy123, germanhippie