Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Where to buy big ziplock bags?

(7 posts)
  1. JimmyChanga

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Sep 30 2011 18:27:46
    #

Login to Send PM

I used to buy those huge ziplock bags at Home Depot, but the last time I went there they said they don't carry them anymore! I went to Lowe's and they said the same thing!

Does anybody know who carries these anymore? Thank you in advance.

2. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Sep 30 2011 18:41:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I buy XL ziplocs at Target.

I love Amazon and have ordered them and just the large ones (which fit about 2 pairs of jeans) from Amazon on subscribe and save. I think some of the BB places zell them too that are advertised on this site.

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  3. BugsMustDie

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Sep 30 2011 20:01:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Some Dollar Tree stores sell a generic brand that I actually like better because they're a little easier to zip. They're a little cheaper too. The XXL are the size of Ziploc XL, but are $1 each, vs. 3 for about $7. I have found you can also get them in bulk online https://www.dollartree.com/cleaning-storage-hardware/storage/storage-bags-with-handles/212c261c261p299576/index.pro#
    You have to buy 36 at a time, but if you have a lot of clothes, blankets, etc. it may be worth it.

I have found Ziploc brand at Target and Walmart too. If you're in the Midwest, Meijer probably carries them also.

4. shiry7

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Oct 1 2011 7:16:09
    #

Login to Send PM

I found them at Kmart.

5. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Oct 1 2011 8:33:28
    #

Login to Send PM

In NYC, I've typically bought them at either of the Manhattan Home Depots. I've seen them in neighborhood hardware stores (Vercesi's on 23rd Street, Gracious Home on East 70th), albeit at higher prices. Zip locking bags are convenient if you need to continually get in and out of the bag. Otherwise, if you need to seal something up, any bag or airtight storage will do. (Please note that experts like Jeff White advise that bed bugs does not automaticall bean that you need to launder and bag everything, as indicated here. http://www.bedbugcentral.com/tv/index.php/2010/07/bed-bug-preparations/ )

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  6. howdoiwin

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Oct 9 2011 10:31:08
    #

Login to Send PM

I am not sure where you are located and I thought I was out of luck in finding them where I am but I found a store brand version at a dollar store of all places - the DOLLARAMA in Canada!

They sell the "XXL" (with the carrying handle cut-out and "zip-lock")! 20" x 25" size!
    They come boxed with 2 inside, for $1.50. I have yet to use them but they are definitely sizable.

Good luck to all...!

7. Jen27

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Oct 9 2011 19:15:05
    #

Login to Send PM

shiry7 - 1 week ago  » 
    I found them at Kmart.

Me too!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,690 posts in 49,530 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982