(4 posts)
  1. queenie_nyc

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Sep 26 2011 7:29:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, all!

I'm leaving town for a few days (with a carefully inspected and cleaned bag, of course) and want to take the opportunity to use an active monitor (my Bed Bug Beacon) in my absence. What's the best place to leave it? Should it be on the bed, or on the floor beside it? I haven't seen any conclusive evidence, but everything that's been suspicious has been in the bed.

Would love to hear what people suggest.

2. OhNoes

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Sep 26 2011 7:58:54
    #

Login to Send PM

According to the BB Beacon directions, it should be placed near any suspected harborage. So, if you think they are in the hole in the corner of your room (sadly, my situation... maybe, they may be gone, but, we'll see), then you place it there. If you think that they are in the bed, place it near there.

It really depends on where you think they are. I'm about to use my BB Beacon in my car! Luckily the temp is supposed to stay up for the next few days here, so it should work fine.

But, if you suspect the bed, I'd place it under the bed, near the headboard.

3. queenie_nyc

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Sep 26 2011 9:22:08
    #

Login to Send PM

So, pretty much, just be logical? So sensible! Thanks, OhNoes!

4. OhNoes

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Sep 26 2011 14:46:40
    #

Login to Send PM

My understanding is that the BB Beacon doesn't produce a ton of CO2, and therefore it will be more successful the closer it is to the suspected hotspot. Made sense to me. Also, it appears the "mixture" is just yeast sugar and water, so, save your $$$$ when it comes time to do a new test and you need a new mixture.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,328 posts in 50,173 topics over 155 months by 21,930 of 22,427 members. Latest: nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo, Ctired14