Where could they be hiding??

(5 posts)
  1. goawaybbnyc

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Dec 6 2016 6:32:12
    #

Login to Send PM

I think I may have bed bugs, again, and I'm going insane trying to find them. I dealt with them over the summer and had my apartment treated twice, but I've heard whispers that it's been an ongoing issue in my building.

When bed bugs were detected in my unit, the infestation was found only on my bed skirt. That immediately went into the wash (3x rounds on HOT and 90 minutes in the dryer) and has not been kept on my bed, or anywhere near it, since. I had a mattress encasement that was given the same treatment and not put back on the bed. I've been using the encasements that the exterminators placed on my bed and box spring ever since. The legs of my bed have been in those trap-things that bed bugs allegedly can't climb up, and my bed is 6" from the wall. I've also started washing anything that's fallen in the floor of my bed before it goes back on the bed. My comforter doesn't touch the ground.

For the past 6-8 weeks, I've received bites intermittently generally on my legs, ankles, feet, arms, and sometimes my back. I've washed and dried my linens, blankets, stuffed animals, and decorative pillows on HOT and dried then for at least an hour on the hottest setting more times than I can count, but I'm still getting bitten. I haven't really seen any evidence of bed bug activity and I'm going crazy trying to find out what could be biting me, because I can't figure out where they could possibly be hiding or how I could've got them again. Any advice??

2. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Dec 6 2016 7:29:30
    #

Login to Send PM

1st most common place for bedbugs-- box springs. 2nd most common place, sofa or recliner. 3rd most common-- mattress. 4th most common-- furniture close to the bed (IIRC).

That said, are the "bites" the same as you got before? Because skin reactions aren't always indicative of bed bugs, can be something else

3. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Dec 6 2016 8:42:23
    #

Login to Send PM

I am not an expert but report it to the block management

4. CleaningToDeath

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Dec 10 2016 19:57:58
    #

Login to Send PM

You can also try a process of elimination, bag your decorative pillows, the stuffed animals separately from each other. Blanket if possible, only sleep on linens with comforter and see if you are still getting bit. If not for a few days, then add the blanket for a few days, then pillows, and lastly the stuffed animals.

5. cantcallit2016

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Dec 11 2016 1:20:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Going through the same deal myself thought after 5 pco treatment sprays washing drying my clothes numerous times as well as sealing burnt all other furniture bought all new the building moved into had new carpet fresh painting works encased new mattress and box springs since may been getting bumps and scars all over body found blood in sheet twice pco checked twice treated once found no traces of bb here recently been finding small blood spots on my pillow case more often and the bites gotten worse in last 2 months but not a sign of actual bb in 7 months idk driving me crazy used glue traps last yr. Gonna try more effective monitor see what it finds good luck too you because wouldn't wish this on worse enemy

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,607 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956