Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Where best to install passive monitor on electric reclining couch

(4 posts)
  1. Scared88

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Mar 13 2019 12:09:06
    #

Login to Send PM

David, need your help on where to install on my electric reclining couch. Several pics below ... there are a TON of crevices and hiding places on this thing!!

Basic front view:
    couch1 by H H, on Flickr

With recliners out front view:
    couch2 by H H, on Flickr

Back (with fabric flaps up) view:
    couch3 by H H, on Flickr

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Mar 15 2019 5:09:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Experience tells us to install here:

couch2marked by David Cain, on Flickr

Given our time working with residential care facilities I can confirm they can be issues because of the number of crevices and the electrical elements of the seat but putting Passives in place before you get bedbugs negates a lot of that.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. Scared88

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Mar 26 2019 13:33:58
    #

Login to Send PM

David, are you saying the passive monitor might not work as well for an active infestation? Been trying to figure out what's biting my family for the past 2 months ... nothing found in the beds, so trying to ID if there's a problem in this couch. I installed the passive monitor as instructed...

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Mar 26 2019 13:57:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Not at all, we use Passive Monitors to QC and QA our treatments.

If you have had it installed for 14 days and it’s all clear it’s not bedbugs.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

288,812 posts in 48,204 topics over 149 months by 21,240 of 21,596 members. Latest: ltito, js2337a, Travelchecking