When/how to know you're in the clear?

(1 post)
  1. hopeitsnotbugs

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Sat Apr 7 2018 17:03:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I have seen other posts asking the same questions, but wanted to ask again for my own sanity I guess and hoping a professional may have some insight as well.

I don't want to go into my whole story again, but it has been since 2/28 that my son had his last bites (and yes, I am pretty positive they were bites of some sort). My daughter and I last had bites (her about 11 on her back, me 3 on my ankle) on 3/11. I am fairly certain at least my last ones were from the flea I found in my bed. Some might remember our only confirmation of bed bugs was through k9 scent detection without visual confirmation--but he did alert in 5 rooms (9 spots) in our 3000 sq-foot home, so I feel there must have been something even I don't think he was 100% right. We already have had interceptors on our beds and passive monitors on the walls behind or next to the boxsprings for at least a month, as well as mattress and boxspring encasements, and have never seen anything so that's why I am relying on bites (which I know is not reliable either). I'm wondering if there's anything else we could be doing to look for them (other than our weekly bed check with the UV flashlight, which I now have my husband do). I'm waiting to book a summer vacation for us to see if we'll need to pay for more extensive PCO treatment, plus it's for my peace of mind too.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,327 posts in 46,290 topics over 141 months by 20,404 of 21,244 members. Latest: Bedbughelp, Anxietykilledme, Jwag0327