(2 posts)
  1. losingmymindhere

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Oct 31 2018 17:19:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Bedbuggers,

I have been dealing with BBs for a few months now, with a combination of a ton of diy tactics(heat treating, de, hotshot, and interceptors) and 2 inspections/1 PCO treatment.

I think I'm getting close to the end of this (famous last words?) but I've been reading about the pros and cons of my interceptors and i'm starting to question what I've been doing.

I originally put interceptors up on my bed when I first found the BBs because they were in my couch, and I wanted to keep them from making a home in my bed too. Now, however, I think I've had at least one or two on my bed. I've been careful about changing clothes before I touch anything close to my bed, but I have a cat and I can't keep him off of it.

On the one hand, I want to prevent as many feedings as possible so that any nymphs that find me don't get one step close to becoming procreating adults. On the other, I know that there's evidence to suggest that interceptors can cause BBs to spread.

I'd love some advice about whether or not I should leave them up. At this point, the last bug I found was a dead one (in an interceptor) about 4 weeks ago, but I've experienced bumps that seem likely to be bites to me since then.

Also noting that I have some glue traps too. My only problem with them so far is that my cat steps in them and FREAKS out.

Thank you in advance for your advice!

2. keephopealive

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Oct 31 2018 19:10:45
    #

Login to Send PM

It's a tough one isn't it; I'm going through the same dilemma as I'm getting bitten/having skin reactions every day...I've got cimexa down and initially used interceptors but removed them in favor of passive monitors for the reasons you've outlined.

As with the interceptors the passives remain empty but the constant bite like marks persist, almost as if I'm keeping the numbers at a level where their growth is not sufficient to make them obvious but is still enough to keep the bites coming...

I think however you look at it both ways have their merits and the only way is to pick one and hope for the best; well done for getting on top of the problem though....sounds like you're in the final stages.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

281,578 posts in 46,826 topics over 143 months by 20,660 of 21,557 members. Latest: Dread Bugs, gbbedbug, BuggedOUTinOH