(4 posts)
  1. goinginsanehelpmeee

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Feb 22 2017 22:21:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello all!

My PCO has been telling me to stay off the internet, as I'm clearly neurotic, but I'm curious for everyone's perspective.

A month ago I started reacting to bed bug bites. The school nurse confirmed, a PCO came, found one in my dorm room, and we treated my room the following day (a month ago this friday- treatment involved pesticides, steam treatment, as well as me washing and drying all my linens/ clothing etc). PCO says he only found 4 bugs, and that my infestation is very light. I never found fecal stains, casts, or live bugs leading up to treatment. None of the bugs were ever found on my mattress to begin with- just the wall by my bed. My bed has since been isolated, treated, and given a protective encasement on the mattress.

I have been bitten once since this treatment, three weeks ago (21 days from today, 6 days post treatment) but the day after he found the bug we believe to have bitten me, dead. I know bites are not a reliable source of information, but the 21 days biteless does calm me down quite a bit. However, 11 days ago (2 weeks and a day after my treatment) I saw a live, very unfed, bed bug out in the open in the middle of the day- the first one I saw myself this entire time. I attempted to kill the bug but it fell off my wall and I couldn't find it. My PCO says this bug was on its way to dying, and later found said bug dead to confirm. This was a week ago. He came back this Tuesday, did another inspection, and feels I am in the clear. He has been coming back on a weekly (sometimes twice a week) basis for the last month, and did not make any plans for a future visit.

I guess what I am wondering is: what do you all think? Based on everything I've read here, nearly everyone is treated more than once- even when the infestation is light. My school told me I could unpack all my stuff the day after my initial treatment, so I've been moved back in for the last month. I can't help but read about everyone living out of bags 6 months after 5 treatments, and feel like something is off with the way my case is being handled. I am so constantly anxious, taking sleeping pills every night, paranoid about every itch and blemish on my body- I can't do another two months of living in this constant fear! Any thoughts would be appreciated, I apologize that this is so ranty.

2. Tuper

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Feb 23 2017 17:34:34
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm sorry. I have no advice as my dealings with all this is new. But I do understand how you feel. I would just tenatively be positive as much as possible, and be grateful you're not having to pay for treatment for a 2400 Sq foot house. :-/

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Feb 23 2017 20:52:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Sounds like you're in the clear. The reason you're reading so much about multiple treatments is that when a treatment is a success most people stop posting here and get back to living. The odd infestation that takes several treatments is an interesting topic, far more so than when all goes as planned.
    No one wants to read a story about a house that doesn't burn down.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  4. BBsufferer

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Feb 28 2017 13:30:30
    #

Login to Send PM

I believe the eggs will not affected by chemical, they hatch 10 days to 2 weeks. So you should still bag up your clothes and stuff not use much and keep looking around. If you see it at day light is not a good sign. Don't mean to upset you just hope the infestation under control soon. Take care.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

274,686 posts in 45,068 topics over 137 months by 19,788 of 20,523 members. Latest: Starsky30, Sayitaintso99, bid