Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

When to accept that they are gone?

(7 posts)
  1. justwantthemgone

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 28 2017 20:49:42
    #

Login to Send PM

It seems every time I am starting to really feel like they really are gone, there is a small bump that shows up that starts the worrying. I live in a small apartment building. Mid- November found a dead bb on bathroom floor. Called PCO next day and because I was so upset they agreed to come same day. While I was doing the prep, I found another dead bb on kitchen table (where I was folding laundry day before). PCO came and saw no bugs, no fecal or any evidence but verified what I had put in bags were bb. The one in bathroom was an unfed female. They inspected all units and found landlord below me had live activity. He had been self treating and set off a fogger, sending them by me. I had my first treatment that night. Beds were steamed, isolated and climb ups put on. The next night I had 2 definite bites. They were large, red and very itchy. No one had previously been bitten. When pco came for second treatment they found nothing, but next night we found a dead bb in climb up inner well. The day before our third treatment we found a dead immature bb bedroom floor of kids room. We have not seen anything since then. We have never seen a live bug, fecal or casing. Landlord also treated with 3 treatments and say that have had no bites.

It has been 79 days since that dead bb was found on floor of kids room and we ended up having 2 more treatments because I called pco with concerns. We had a total of 5 treatments. We have been clear each time. he only checked the beds and climb ups last time though. We was last here 2.5 weeks ago. I have been so itchy since this started and have been wondering if every small spot I see on myself is a bite. I start itching and then I get a small hive from the itching and wonder if it is a bite. This was starting to subside and for the past 2 weeks I have been feeling like maybe they really are gone. We are moving in a few days. Two days ago I noticed a small red raised spot on my daughter's torso and now I am itchy again and looking at everything. She never had any bites, so I have no clue if she reacts to bites. My husband feels we had a few stragglers from the fogger and never really had an infestation and that the bugs have been long gone but I am not so sure. I am wondering when does one know when it's time to just accept that they are gone. I have been packing things very carefully and have seen nothing.

2. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 28 2017 21:33:40
    #

Login to Send PM

I can't answer you question but I can say good luck with everything and I hope they are gone!

I'm having treatment 2 of 3 tomorrow and haven't seen anything since the day before the PCO came for the first treatment, he said it looked like a very small infestation and I caught it early. While treating they found no live activity. Hoping it stays that way tomorrow too!

GOOD LUCK!

3. justwantthemgone

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Mar 1 2017 14:02:25
    #

Login to Send PM

CantStopCrying - 16 hours ago  » 
    I can't answer you question but I can say good luck with everything and I hope they are gone!
    I'm having treatment 2 of 3 tomorrow and haven't seen anything since the day before the PCO came for the first treatment, he said it looked like a very small infestation and I caught it early. While treating they found no live activity. Hoping it stays that way tomorrow too!
    GOOD LUCK!

Thanks! I am trying to focus more on the fact that we have not seen anything in 80 days. I just hope that they are really gone. I know that skin reactions are not a good indicator, but after going through this awful experience it's hard to ignore a bump...

4. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Mar 1 2017 14:12:47
    #

Login to Send PM

I wrote an almost identical post yesterday. I can't offer advice, accept to say that folks are telling me not to panic. No signs is great news. And we've only been 60 days without signs (though I get lots of bumps).

And today I noticed a pink bump above my daughter's lip, and felt sick to my stomach. It could be anything - she breaks out in rashes with every illness, when she thinks about bugs. She has eczema. Really sensitive skin. She is also accident prone. Always covered in scratches and bruises. This, however, has me almost on my phone with my PCO - which I know is totally irrational. But so hard to overcome the fear.

Here's wishing us all much luck for a rapid return to normalcy.

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Mar 1 2017 14:14:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I try to teach people thus:

Bump = reason to check

It specifically confirms nothing but can be justification to additionally check the monitor or to conduct a more thorough search of the sleeping area for:

• Live samples
    • Cast skins
    • Faecal traces

It helps not to feed anxiety patterns to look at things in a more "process pathway" way. Like a paramedic at the scene of an accident we asses the facts and triage the situation with logic.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  6. justwantthemgone

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Mar 1 2017 14:48:05
    #

Login to Send PM

ithoughtlicewerebad - 34 minutes ago  » 
    I wrote an almost identical post yesterday. I can't offer advice, accept to say that folks are telling me not to panic. No signs is great news. And we've only been 60 days without signs (though I get lots of bumps).
    And today I noticed a pink bump above my daughter's lip, and felt sick to my stomach. It could be anything - she breaks out in rashes with every illness, when she thinks about bugs. She has eczema. Really sensitive skin. She is also accident prone. Always covered in scratches and bruises. This, however, has me almost on my phone with my PCO - which I know is totally irrational. But so hard to overcome the fear.
    Here's wishing us all much luck for a rapid return to normalcy.

My daughter has sensitive skin also, so I am hoping it's just some random thing! Good luck to you! I hope we both stay bug free!!!!

7. justwantthemgone

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Mar 1 2017 14:55:24
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 34 minutes ago  » 
    Hi,
    I try to teach people thus:
    Bump = reason to check
    It specifically confirms nothing but can be justification to additionally check the monitor or to conduct a more thorough search of the sleeping area for:

• Live samples
    • Cast skins
    • Faecal traces

It helps not to feed anxiety patterns to look at things in a more "process pathway" way. Like a paramedic at the scene of an accident we asses the facts and triage the situation with logic.
    Hope that helps.
    David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

Thank you so much for the reply. So we immediately did a check and did not see anything. The reason that doing the check does not provide me much relief is that we never saw any live bugs, fecal or casings. The only evidence we have ever had was the total of 5 dead bugs we saw and had confirmed to be bb.
    When I step back and look at the whole process I think that we are 80 days since seeing a dead bug, this bump on daughter is not itchy and we see no other evidence and have had 5 treatments and have been cleared by PCO. This puts my mind at ease but then I wonder..well what is the bump then? We are moving in a few days and what if they follow us? PCO never saw anything on any visits, but I had samples in a bag to show them.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,644 posts in 50,005 topics over 154 months by 21,867 of 22,348 members. Latest: jaa5108, fightingback, Jenloaa