Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

When should I be able to find casings? bugs? feces?

(9 posts)
  1. jenniyah

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Dec 7 2014 20:44:15
    #

Login to Send PM

My initial exposure (to what i found were dead bugs, hopefully only dead ones, and live ones hadn't escaped the bag before i threw out next night) in October, I had since installed encasements and those white leg traps and mattress/foundatin see through traps by mid october.

I have been getting weird bites, maybe 1 - 3 a night (no same area, sometimes 1 on arm, 1 on leg at same night. Sometimes there's 2 in a row...) for past few weeks, but I havnet found any feces or nothing. I was on vacation for 2 weeks in mid november. Would that cause them to hide/spread away from the bedroom?

When should i start to see actual evidence of bed bugs on the bed?

Encasings clean, traps clean... but bites every night...

I'm going crazy looking daily for their hiding spot.... but I need hard evidence before PCO will treat... Please any suggestions?

2. robinsmom

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Dec 8 2014 7:07:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Why don't the dead bb count as proof? Sounds ridiculous to me. Did you show him your dead one?

I'm not an expert just a dumb struggling bed bugger like every body else.
  3. jenniyah

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Dec 8 2014 10:36:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Because they were from friends location. And i threw those out the next day ;_;

I surrounded myself with de powder and still a bite or two the next day... sigh

4. robinsmom

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Dec 8 2014 10:43:32
    #

Login to Send PM

I had a few suspicious bites...wasn't sure where they were coming from...shortly after discovered a horrible bb problem at my job...was cleared by a pco and went to vacation...returned to find a bb on a blanket on my sofa, that my cat had been using.

Look through your closets, under your sofa, tear your house apart...I had bb on the collar of an old coat.

That's if you're still being bitten?

5. jenniyah

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Dec 8 2014 11:57:02
    #

Login to Send PM

When do people normally find traces? within 6 months of initial infestation?

Yeah, I got a new bite on my neck and 1 on my face and one on my thumb this morning.

Traps all clear still, no fecal matter/casings on encasements. Bed surrounded by DE.

Going kinda crazy w/ paranoia now....

It's been since beginning october since initial possible exposure... (i was on vacation 2 weeks in November). I should be able to find some evidence by now right???

Bites only got worse after my vacation too

6. robinsmom

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Dec 8 2014 12:39:46
    #

Login to Send PM

I hate to say this but if I remember right, one if the experts here said it can take 6 months to start seeing signs.

7. spicynat

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Dec 8 2014 13:20:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello!

Is your bed away from any wall or piece of furniture?
    Are all the parts of your bed in encasements? If not there could be BBs living there. Which means you probably won't see anything in traps. If there are parts of your bed free of any encasement you could try to obstruct any gaps you see with tape. If they are hiding there they won't be able to get out and bit you. If there are parts where you put tape you could also try steaming to kill any bug hiding in there.
    Have you washed and dried everything in your bed at hot temperature?

If you make sure there's nothing in your bed but you still get bitten they could be in another place such as your couch.

I'm not an expert but I had/or still have(not sure) BBs at my place coming from my neighbors. So I'm just giving my opinion based on my little experience. I had no blood stains, no feces and no BB skins, but in 3-4 nights I got bitten about 50 times! I couldn't see anything! When the PCO came to identify the problem he put my bed upside down and found 1 BB in the bed frame hidden under some plastic piece. Just to say those insects are really good at hiding. So make sure there are no places in your bed for them to hide.

Anyway I truly hope you'll find a solution to your problem very soon.

8. spicynat

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Dec 8 2014 13:23:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry I meant if there are parts where you CAN'T put tape you should try to steam them.

9. jenniyah

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Dec 8 2014 15:06:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Hum, I have my bed in encasement (full boxspring and mattress) and I've flipped my bed yesturday to check the frame and everything and found no bugs

I've installed leg climb ups and sprinkled DE around those climb ups along with those square traps between box spring/mattress with no results.

I guess i'll check again..... curses on bugs!~

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,373 posts in 50,181 topics over 156 months by 21,932 of 22,430 members. Latest: Beachhouse, bbguy, Ladybug1993