When is Over Really Over

(4 posts)
  1. CondoBedbugger

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Aug 4 2019 8:03:05
    #

Login to Send PM

I have been actively dealing with these things for about 7 weeks. I have Had the the exterminator over 3 times, the last spray was 4 days ago. I haven't seen any bugs since then. I have always monitored their visits by stains on my sheets and pillowcases. There haven't been any in 4 days! Every morning right when I wake I examine the bedding and all bedding and jammies go straight into the dryer.

Yesterday i put inceptors on the bed legs. Nothing was in there this morning.

Here is the question... In the morning I feels "bites" on my legs. I am not sure if they are new or existing ones since know I still feel them. I know it can take up to 2 weeks to stop feeling them. How likely is it that they will visit...bite me but not leave any stains on my bedding? I am still going to be on alert for at least 2 weeks. When will I know that it is really over? When can I unbag my clothes? When can I visit and have people over? When can I go back to living my life?

I wish I knew where these buggers came from.

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. Thanks,

2. CondoBedbugger

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Aug 4 2019 13:14:55
    #

Login to Send PM

I think I am in the wrong forum....maybe a mod can move my post

3. lalmaroad

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Aug 4 2019 14:09:59
    #

Login to Send PM

A good rule if thumb and one I follow.
    Advice from David Cain.
    90 days no signs by visual inspection alone.
    60 days no signs in interceptors.
    21 days all clear with isolation and passive monitors.
    14 days all clear with passive monitors and no isolation.

I am using the packtite passive monitors. I have had no signs in three month's but am still very cautious and am vigilant about extensive bed checks every few weeks along with checking my monitors.
    Use the search engine and type in questions you have. Most have already been answered in previous threads and you glean a lot of info from them. Experts here volunteer their time so it's understandable if questions are not answered right away.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx
  4. CondoBedbugger

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Aug 5 2019 13:03:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for this breakdown. I will use this as a guide. I have ordered some passive monitors as part of my watch. Day and all is good.

The question I still have how likely it is for them to bite and not leave any stains? Or do I just use stain sheet examinations, interceptors and monitors and true monitors.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,690 posts in 49,530 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982