When has blood spots turned out to be not BBs? PCO not treating

(6 posts)
  1. Ladythack

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Dec 3 2019 8:19:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Trying wotk out what's going on. A PCO has just refused to treat.

We've had blood spots periodically since 2017. In late 2017 we found one dying BB on a towel and following this found bloodstains on out bed repeatedly. It was sprayed twice by pest control. Around 4 months later the blood started again with no other signs, the place was sprayed and we found two very dead BBs under the bed.

In April our neighbours got BBs and we noticed blood, so sprayed again. We've just moved and sure enough, we notice blood spots. A PCO can find no conclusive proof. We thought we might have (?old) faecal stains in an old wardrobe so got rid of it.

I fully appreciate that my anxiety is possibly clouding my view here. But I just can't explain the blood. Has anyone had this scenario and it not been bugs?

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Dec 3 2019 8:37:11
    #

Login to Send PM

More times than not it ends up being something other than bed bugs. Cast skins, fecal staining and live samples are the three things you should be looking for, without that evidence I would not treat.

3. BedBugsLondon

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Dec 3 2019 11:19:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Agree with the above, I would never treat without finding physical evidence.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as employee of the patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations.

For those that are curious, yes it can be challenging working for David
  4. thissux

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Dec 3 2019 13:00:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Sounds like your concern about blood stains is reasonable considering your past experiences with confirmed bed bugs. Are you using any monitoring/detection tools? These will improve your chances of finding evidence if there are bed bugs.

5. Ladythack

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Dec 4 2019 3:03:21
    #

Login to Send PM

We have climb ups on the bed, and I've ordered some passive monitors from bedbugsuk after hearing climb ups aren't the genius common sense solution they seem (?)

Blood spots found on Monday and yesterday but not today. I do feel like the bugs are gaslighting me. I have to remind myself they are just insects!

6. BedBugsLondon

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Dec 4 2019 4:50:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Ladythack - 1 hour ago  » 
    We have climb ups on the bed, and I've ordered some passive monitors from bedbugsuk after hearing climb ups aren't the genius common sense solution they seem (?)
    Blood spots found on Monday and yesterday but not today. I do feel like the bugs are gaslighting me. I have to remind myself they are just insects!

They are just insects.
    Yes take off the interceptors if you are using the passive monitor.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,330 posts in 50,174 topics over 155 months by 21,930 of 22,427 members. Latest: nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo, Ctired14