Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

when can you declare victory or optimism?

(5 posts)
  1. Beingbitten77

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 3 2015 0:16:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Its been 33 days since last treatment and no bugs sights or bites. Our upstairs has been clear for longer , but I found our last sighting mid December of one on my couch mid December which ramped up two more treatments. Since then, clear. I have climb ups on the couch now. I really want to see how,clear my couch is. Will sleeping on it be a bad idea? I used to sleep on my couch all the time. I just want to make sure I'm clear. My anxiety and anticipation is through the roof right now. I'm almost sick. I'm going to get my car shampooed again. I can't stop thinking about where they are at and when I'm gonna get bit again. I did read the 55 day rule so I feel like I'm clinging on to that. How accurate is,that??

2. Beingbitten77

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 3 2015 1:30:33
    #

Login to Send PM

For me, 55 days makes sense. I watched the video by Jeff White. He explained how sprays could mess up their feeding cycle or egg hatchings. Last time I went slightly over 3 weeks before I found the one on my couch. I have gone slightly longer now. I'm hoping its a good sign. But like I said, I'm literally sick with worry. I feel physically sick and I can't even concentrate. People try to make plans with me or get a hold of me and I feel like a zombie from stress. I can't even form completed thoughts. I do sleep. Its literally the stress about when they're going to bite again , which eggs or bug is messed up from the last spray and is going to come out of my couch. I'm going to sleep on my couch tonight til 4am , its midnight now. Then I'm going to my bed and change clothing before I do. I hope that's not a bad idea. But like I said, I was sleeping in my living room. Its just how I was doing it with my schedule with work and all. So I'm sure they were there and I just need to draw them out if they're around. I hope that's not a bad idea but I can't let them sit dormant up in some crevice in my couch not being lured out. I hope they have all died miserable deaths though. Literally , I just can't,believe how terrible and embarrassing this is AND how the hell they haven't been able to eradicate these things with all our modern technology., my mind is spinning into what its and when's and where's. Too much into the future. I just feel like if they come back awake, its,back to square one. I just need to find out

3. Beingbitten77

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 3 2015 15:05:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Spent half the night on my couch. No welts and climb ups appear clear. My living room was an issue too, I was sleeping there as well so I just want to know if I still have an issue. If anyone can give me some insight? Otherwise I'll update if me or my son is bitten or if we stay clear. He had a red mark on his elbow today , but he said it wasn't itchy and it looked like dry skin so I'll check it out when he gets home from school.

4. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 3 2015 17:21:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Beingbitten77,

You sound really stressed right now! It should be getting better, not worse if you haven’t seen any signs lately!

You ask in your title: “when can you declare victory or optimism?” And you further state:

Beingbitten77 -  » 
    I did read the 55 day rule so I feel like I'm clinging on to that. How accurate is,that??

And,

Beingbitten77 -  » 
    For me, 55 days makes sense. I watched the video by Jeff White. He explained how sprays could mess up their feeding cycle or egg hatchings. Last time I went slightly over 3 weeks before I found the one on my couch.

My non-professional response to you is, I haven’t seen the video by Jeff White, but I believe the “55 days” rule was the old rule of thumb. Here is a thread that I “saved” regarding this question. I haven’t read it in a while, but see if something in it will help you. I believe the gist of it is, if you are using monitors, then 55 days may not be necessary. (Let me know if I’m not remembering correctly please!)

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/5560-days-vs-passive-monitor-countdowns

You also bring up your stress and anxiety level:

Beingbitten77 -  » 
    My anxiety and anticipation is through the roof right now. . . . I can't stop thinking about where they are at and when I'm gonna get bit again.

and,

Beingbitten77 -  » 
    . . . I'm literally sick with worry. I feel physically sick and I can't even concentrate. People try to make plans with me or get a hold of me and I feel like a zombie from stress. I can't even form completed thoughts.

Please think about calling your doctor and maybe getting medication to help with your stress and anxiety? There is nothing wrong with that and you need to take care of yourself so you can take care of your son! Also, what about speaking with a counselor?

Beingbitten77 -  » 
    Spent half the night on my couch. No welts and climb ups appear clear. My living room was an issue too, I was sleeping there as well so I just want to know if I still have an issue.

That’s a good thing, yes?

You can do this. Please think about what will help you with your anxiety and stress at this point because, as I said, you need to take care of yourself so you can take care of your son, ok?

Good Luck it’s been 33 days! Yay!

5. Beingbitten77

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 3 2015 18:27:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for your reply. I am on some anxiety meds, but they only help to a certain degree. And I feel like I have to stay on top of this and make sure I get this problem resolved before I just relax. I try very hard to live normal but inside I feel like I'm teetering on a,mental break. I know people say , don't sleep other places you'll spread them. But with me, I was sleeping on my couch after work then to my bed as well, just how it is with my work schedule so I have to clear that room as well and I should be able to sleep anywhere I want without worrying about bites, I really hope they are gone. I know its a good sign. I just will feel really lost if one of us gets bitten again. I know I shouldn't be thinking it is back to square one. You're right, obviously its getting better. I just can't help but worry. I have read the article you posted. I just worry because I did go 3 weeks once with it looking good only to find one on my couch, I think it was aggressively hungry because I wasn't even sleeping. But after my 55 days, I going to hang up my clothes and buy new furniture , take down climb ups and try to stop,obsessing and show myself life goes on. I really hope this sign is they're gone since its been over a month. Thank you for replying because I'm truly alone in this. Its not something you can talk to anyone about

AbsolutelyFreaking - 57 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Beingbitten77,
    You sound really stressed right now! It should be getting better, not worse if you haven’t seen any signs lately!
    You ask in your title: “when can you declare victory or optimism?” And you further state:

Beingbitten77 -  » 
    I did read the 55 day rule so I feel like I'm clinging on to that. How accurate is,that??

And,

Beingbitten77 -  » 
    For me, 55 days makes sense. I watched the video by Jeff White. He explained how sprays could mess up their feeding cycle or egg hatchings. Last time I went slightly over 3 weeks before I found the one on my couch.

My non-professional response to you is, I haven’t seen the video by Jeff White, but I believe the “55 days” rule was the old rule of thumb. Here is a thread that I “saved” regarding this question. I haven’t read it in a while, but see if something in it will help you. I believe the gist of it is, if you are using monitors, then 55 days may not be necessary. (Let me know if I’m not remembering correctly please!)
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/5560-days-vs-passive-monitor-countdowns
    You also bring up your stress and anxiety level:

Beingbitten77 -  » 
    My anxiety and anticipation is through the roof right now. . . . I can't stop thinking about where they are at and when I'm gonna get bit again.

and,

Beingbitten77 -  » 
    . . . I'm literally sick with worry. I feel physically sick and I can't even concentrate. People try to make plans with me or get a hold of me and I feel like a zombie from stress. I can't even form completed thoughts.

Please think about calling your doctor and maybe getting medication to help with your stress and anxiety? There is nothing wrong with that and you need to take care of yourself so you can take care of your son! Also, what about speaking with a counselor?

Beingbitten77 -  » 
    Spent half the night on my couch. No welts and climb ups appear clear. My living room was an issue too, I was sleeping there as well so I just want to know if I still have an issue.

That’s a good thing, yes?
    You can do this. Please think about what will help you with your anxiety and stress at this point because, as I said, you need to take care of yourself so you can take care of your son, ok?
    Good Luck it’s been 33 days! Yay!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,179 posts in 50,132 topics over 155 months by 21,917 of 22,411 members. Latest: ij430jf, patbb, Peachyy92