Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

when blood meal isn't there

(5 posts)
  1. Xalic

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jul 9 2016 19:30:59
    #

Login to Send PM

hi I was just wondering if I am out of the house before bed bug feeds what will it do ?
    will it wonder the place or just stay where it hides?

2. bitemelady

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jul 9 2016 21:33:00
    #

Login to Send PM

I think mine write novels; while they wait for me (and due to them, I am turning into an insomniac), they write hundreds of pages--about their desire for me, of course. What idiotic romantics they are.

3. Xalic

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jul 9 2016 22:56:15
    #

Login to Send PM

haha good one

let me ask a different question then! what time to they feed if situation is idle?

4. ShivaFang

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Aug 11 2016 12:14:52
    #

Login to Send PM

I know this is an old thread - but an inspector mentioned to me that the adults can live up to a year between feedings if they have to.

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Aug 11 2016 15:10:07
    #

Login to Send PM

ShivaFang - 2 hours ago  » 
    I know this is an old thread - but an inspector mentioned to me that the adults can live up to a year between feedings if they have to.

They live a year between feedings if fed and kept so they can't feed. They can just wait. In a natural setting, there is no waiting to eat; when the host (you) is around, feeding will happen. They don't say "I can go a year without feeding, so I'll just wait here while all my potential meals just walk around and sleep in the bed or on the couch."

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,899 posts in 50,058 topics over 155 months by 21,883 of 22,370 members. Latest: Mary Borges, Pleasebegone2019, aims6186