What's on my sheets?

(5 posts)
  1. lilmct

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 18 2011 17:34:45
    #

Login to Send PM

I have found that a few days after I wash my sheets, mattress pad, and comforter, white & black specks appear on the fitted sheet. I tried to take a photo but it doesn't show up clearly. Are these specks BB waste? I am able to brush them off the sheets easily. I have gotten random bites before so I'm pretty sure / afraid that they're stinkin' BB.

2. rs1971

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 18 2011 17:36:41
    #

Login to Send PM

lilmct - 1 minute ago  » 
    I have found that a few days after I wash my sheets, mattress pad, and comforter, white & black specks appear on the fitted sheet. I tried to take a photo but it doesn't show up clearly. Are these specks BB waste? I am able to brush them off the sheets easily. I have gotten random bites before so I'm pretty sure / afraid that they're stinkin' BB.

If you are able to 'brush them off easily' then they are not bed bug fecal which bleeds into the fabric.

-rs1971

3. lilmct

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Oct 19 2011 9:08:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, rs1971...

now I wonder what the heck these specks are then. Seems like they're coming from out of nowhere. It's driving me nuts and I feel like there's always something crawling on me...sigh.

4. OhNoes

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Oct 19 2011 10:06:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Do you have a fan on, or a vent in the ceiling?

Also, do you brush off when you get into bed... could be detrius on you

5. whbclaire

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Oct 19 2011 13:24:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Lilmct -- I'm going through the exact same thing!! Little black specks like very fine sand that I can brush off. I thought it was fecal matter too, but the more experienced people on this board have told me no. Plus I constantly have the feeling that something is biting me and crawling on me -- sudden needle-prick like feelings all over my legs and feet. This happens as soon as I lay down and continues all night (or whenever I'm awake, which is most of the night!). Again the board members here tell me that's not indicative of bed bugs. (It is of mites, though.) Criminey, I'm starting to think I have both bed bugs AND mites!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,373 posts in 50,181 topics over 156 months by 21,932 of 22,430 members. Latest: Beachhouse, bbguy, Ladybug1993