What's going on?: Small Infestation?

(4 posts)
  1. URadam56

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jul 30 2016 0:36:38
    #

Login to Send PM

This is the first time we've ever had bbs.

Right now, I'm living with my mother in a 2 room 1 bathroom basement (just for a short while.) All our furniture is at my brother's place, and I'm the only one with a mattress. My mother, however, has sort of like a wooden bed and she puts 2 blankets for cushioning.

We found bbs only in her room, never in mine, which is odd because I'm the one with the mattress (and don't bbs like mattresses?). Also, I don't think I don't have an allergic reaction to bbs because we recently dealt with fleas (their gone) and I have gotten a lot of bites from them.

So far, my mother found 1-2 bbs only on her pillow, not anywhere else. I clean her blankets (and mine just in case) every week and I dusted some diatomaceous earth in the corners and cracks where the wall and floor meets. I also flipped my mom's "bed" over to spray the bottom.

I also would like to add that after we sprayed and dusted and laundered everything, their gone for maybe 4-5 days (week max) and then their back again in pairs or one lonely bb crawls on the pillow.

I really need help finding out what's happening, and it would be wonderful not to have to ask my mom if she was itchy the night before.

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jul 30 2016 0:45:20
    #

Login to Send PM

URadam56 - 4 minutes ago  » 
    This is the first time we've ever had bbs.
    Right now, I'm living with my mother in a 2 room 1 bathroom basement (just for a short while.) All our furniture is at my brother's place, and I'm the only one with a mattress. My mother, however, has sort of like a wooden bed and she puts 2 blankets for cushioning.
    We found bbs only in her room, never in mine, which is odd because I'm the one with the mattress (and don't bbs like mattresses?). Also, I don't think I don't have an allergic reaction to bbs because we recently dealt with fleas (their gone) and I have gotten a lot of bites from them.
    So far, my mother found 1-2 bbs only on her pillow, not anywhere else. I clean her blankets (and mine just in case) every week and I dusted some diatomaceous earth in the corners and cracks where the wall and floor meets. I also flipped my mom's "bed" over to spray the bottom.
    I also would like to add that after we sprayed and dusted and laundered everything, their gone for maybe 4-5 days (week max) and then their back again in pairs or one lonely bb crawls on the pillow.
    I really need help finding out what's happening, and it would be wonderful not to have to ask my mom if she was itchy the night before.

Was your furniture moved out and could it be infested? Or was never in your home? Your mother's setup is far more attractive and offers more harborage areas than does a simple mattress. Bed bugs are not restricted to beds. Flea and bed bug saliva differ so reacting to one doesn't necessarily mean you will react in a similar way to the other. Fleas lived in the basement? Pet dog or cat?

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. URadam56

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jul 30 2016 0:50:20
    #

Login to Send PM

The furniture was never in this basement. The fleas lived in the basement and my dad offered to take our pet dog to his farm for a clean up, so now the dog isn't with us. What else can I do? I feel like I can't do anything else to make sure these bbs are gone for good. I thought they were gone for good a week ago but they came back today (only 1).

4. sharonp

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jul 30 2016 10:40:27
    #

Login to Send PM

New bed bugs will hatch after so many days because it is so hard to kill the eggs or even see them. I am having that same problem.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,399 posts in 50,188 topics over 156 months by 21,933 of 22,434 members. Latest: Kimmmie46, esedndwi, Help123