Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

What would you think? Do I ignore the dog?

(4 posts)
  1. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Oct 28 2016 13:56:36
    #

Login to Send PM

I have been very anxious about bed bugs for the last few weeks. (We had them 8 years ago.)

Then, Monday night my hand brushed some little thing off my husband's side while we were in bed. I didn't want him to think I was crazy so I decided to look at it in the morning. In the morning nothing was there, but there was a trail of blood spots.

I called a NESDCA dog team and had them out Thursday morning. The dog seemed to rush and wanted to get back to it's kennel. The dog handler said that there were no alerts. I want to be calm. I want to not have to deal with this with my husband and children, who already think I'm crazy on this subject. If I wait it may be impossible to deal with. But if the family isn't on board I will fail anyway.

What do you think?

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Oct 28 2016 14:01:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I would monitor weekly and with no signs in 2 - 3 weeks drop back to a normal monthly inspection and deep clean. What I would term a healthy normal practice.

I am not a fan of "badge" dogs but I do like dogs who always work on a confirmed signs basis with any and all alerts. Its all about the "show me the bed bugs" and I know a few teams who are a credit to the craft.

It also helps to deal with this as a family on a factual basis. Once you have proof you can all pull together but until you have that proof too much emphasis can actually disengage people.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Oct 28 2016 14:12:34
    #

Login to Send PM

David, we have 3 huge armoires lined up on a wall in our bedroom. Any idea on how to check these?

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Oct 28 2016 14:18:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Simples, DONT.

Let me cause of the issue behave normally and it will be easier to detect.

Unless they adjoin the bed I would not be focusing on such things. The behavior of most blood suckers is to stay close to the food. Focus on that and don't give yourself a mountain to climb when its not necessary.

Zen and the art of bed bugs

Hope that makes sense.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,552 posts in 49,285 topics over 152 months by 21,598 of 22,023 members. Latest: TW20, MyAccountHere, eldina714