1. Sleepingwithvampbugs

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 8:22:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Sleepingwithvampbugs - 41 seconds ago  » 
    Hi all,
    First let me say I'm so pleased I came across this site! It has been so helpful! I found a lonely bug not too long ago that hitched a ride on me from my couch to my brand new bed:( I was going to pull down my duvet cover and he/or she was just chillen like nothing didn't try to run. II freaked told my husband to grab it and yelled it's a freaking bed bug omg. He grabbed it said now honey lets not panic. He looked at it and said how do you know if it is a bed bug it could be any type of bug. Lucky for me maybe a year ago I was watching the show exterminator's and they had a whole episode about these little bugars! Anyhow husband ran to computer looked it up and sure enough yup a bed bug. We killed he he tried to rest my mind and said perhaps that was a lonely only one in our new apartment we just moved into. I couldn't sleep had anxiety for a few weeks found no others on my bed although my sectional seems to be where they are. After freaking for weeks reading this site I finally got my husband to agree to have orkin come in. Sure enough bed bugs in our couch. not our beds or bedrooms. he said that little fellow just hitched a ride on me from the couch to the bed. Okay so we are scheduled for monday to have orkin come in and handle it he said it's a very small problem were lucky caught it fast and should be able to knock them out after this. They are doing three treatments. Doing my whole apartment to be safe. Lucky for me my landloard has agreed to handle all costs! He was so pleased we brought it to his attention and were on top of things before it got out of control. So I guess my question is this has anyone used orkin recent for bb's and what do I have to expect after treatment? My daughter is having the most worse bites reaction to them then any of us else. I just cleared up all her 18 bites with cortizone.10 cream and have all three kids sleeping with me. since then no other bites on her thank goodness! I'm just wondering is this going to draw them out the treatment so I'll see more activity more then normal? Please let me know because I don't want to freak the freak out if that's going to be the case. I'll keep you all posted on my experience with orkin thanks for being here you guys. Now I'm off to start preping my house any suggestions other then infor they greatly provide me would be appreciated they did give me instructions but I just want to have success with our treatment. Sleepingwithbedbugs ugh a nightmare nolonger feel safe on my couch hurry up monday already so we can kick some bedbug but

2. OhNoes

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 12:06:45
    #

Login to Send PM

I have used Orkin for the BB problem myself. First, a word of caution, each office is a bit different with protocols. Where I am, they agreed to 2 treatments and 30 day guarantee. I ended up having a 3rd treatment within the guarantee period (which has now run).

The prep work was horrendous, and, after reading more and more on here, I'm not certain that I should have bagged everything. Following my first treatment, I immediately installed climbups on my bed and couch. A few days after treatment, I found a BB on my couch and said "F" it, and wrapped and tossed the couch.

About 7? days after first treatment found 1 adult, 1 nymph in climbup. It is likely that they will not get them all on the first try.

Second treatment went well, very thorough. Still paranoid. Following treatment #2, had a blood smear on sheet which convinced me BB problem continued. Also found bug on me at work.

Work immediately treated office and two floors of our building.

I had treatment #3, by their service manager, who I think was less thorough than the other 2 guys who came out. No signs since then.

So, expect that it will take all 3 treatments, be pleasantly surprised if it doesn't.

3. Sleepingwithvampbugs

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 13:11:18
    #

Login to Send PM

OhNoes - 46 minutes ago  » 
    I have used Orkin for the BB problem myself. First, a word of caution, each office is a bit different with protocols. Where I am, they agreed to 2 treatments and 30 day guarantee. I ended up having a 3rd treatment within the guarantee period (which has now run).
    The prep work was horrendous, and, after reading more and more on here, I'm not certain that I should have bagged everything. Following my first treatment, I immediately installed climbups on my bed and couch. A few days after treatment, I found a BB on my couch and said "F" it, and wrapped and tossed the couch.
    About 7? days after first treatment found 1 adult, 1 nymph in climbup. It is likely that they will not get them all on the first try.
    Second treatment went well, very thorough. Still paranoid. Following treatment #2, had a blood smear on sheet which convinced me BB problem continued. Also found bug on me at work.
    Work immediately treated office and two floors of our building.
    I had treatment #3, by their service manager, who I think was less thorough than the other 2 guys who came out. No signs since then.
    So, expect that it will take all 3 treatments, be pleasantly surprised if it doesn't.

Thank you for your reply I'm so stressed out never in my life did I ever think I was going to face this bb problem ugh. So you dont think I should bag all items up like picture frames toys from kids rooms dvds vhs He wants me to store all of them in my bathroom or center of kitchen floor after what I have read some pcos on here say not to move items from room to room your bagged up items so frustrated and worried I'm not going to do this right just got off the phone with hubby Cried my eyes out told him lets just toss our couch after 1st treatme3nt and rip holes thru it with a knife so no one picks it up. Just moved in this is a nightmare I'm always brushing my kids with my hand to make sure nothing on them I dont want them on the furniture. Told the kiddos it was fleas I don't want them not sleeping well like there mommy:( Glad we havent bought the kids bedroom sets yet. They were sleeping on my fold out couch bed until I decided on furniture for them. ugh now they can't sleep on the sectional pull out bed they are in my bed now. I feel safer with them next to me as I have always had sleep issues up all night but this has only made it worse for me. I feel like I'm on night watch and early morning look outs I just about lost it today when I was putting my daughters shoes on her and saw one climbing up the side of her converse high tops I took it off so fast so she couldn't see and ran and put it in my "jar" I have found all stages this is a nightmare I'd gladly take any other bug over this. I feel defeated already sitting here typing this ones somewhere laying damn eggs and I cant stop it. The bad reaction my daughter has had to the bite set me over the roof to see her swell so badly and 7 bites in a row. one both arms legs shoulders underarms . I feel like I can't protect my kids from these bugs worse feeling ever! I just want this nightmare over! My husband took it lightly at first now it's hitting him big time. I see him acting as I did when we first saw them. Jumping at every little tickle we feel every hair settling swiping at it. avoiding the couch I myself do this as well. They are in the couch I make my kids strip down and bathe or shower and put fresh clothing on in bathroom then straight in my bed they go brush off feet. I'ts a nightmare and my kids are thinking I'm looney toones the new rituals I'm doing and having them do as well. Know this was long someone please advise me how to get my apartment ready correctly. We barley have any clutter or stuff for that matter thats why I guess orkin said would be easy for us to get a grip on these vampire sucker bugs. If none the less thank you for this site a place where I can read and vent and learn and not feel alone

4. Sleepingwithvampbugs

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 13:28:48
    #

Login to Send PM

I just feel doomed all together. This is coming out of our pocket and to be deducted from our rent should we get it in writing that the landlord knows about this, and has agreed to pay for it by deducting from our rent? Orkin wanted to know if landlord is going to notify others in building so if someone is "self treating" they don't run back to us we live in a very small apartment building only four units. I fear I'm always going to fear these bugs even if or when they are gone.

5. OhNoes

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 15:07:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Ya, I'd push the landlord to have inspections done. People don't report for a number of reasons (stigma, lack of knowledge, fear of being made to pay the full cost, etc), and without inspections, it may just continue (my biggest fear).

I would say do whatever the PCO says you should do, but, be aware of possible dangers. If things are bagged and sealed before moving, you should be OK. But, it's an issue of what if bugs are in those items and they are sealed past the time when the treatment is done.

6. Sleepingwithvampbugs

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 30 2011 7:47:35
    #

Login to Send PM

OhNoes - 16 hours ago  » 
    Ya, I'd push the landlord to have inspections done. People don't report for a number of reasons (stigma, lack of knowledge, fear of being made to pay the full cost, etc), and without inspections, it may just continue (my biggest fear).
    I would say do whatever the PCO says you should do, but, be aware of possible dangers. If things are bagged and sealed before moving, you should be OK. But, it's an issue of what if bugs are in those items and they are sealed past the time when the treatment is done.

Ohnos:
    thank you! I'm hopeful now after your response about orkin. bedbug trays where do I get them? did orkin offer them to you? did you bag your mattress? my orkin man said its not necessary for us to do so because its such a light case but im scared of it getting worse. he said we should throw out a part of our sectional corner piece due to a rip in it. My husband and I just decided to toss the whole thing out. should we toss before or after 1st treatment? thats what im calling him about toady. did you toss before or after treatment?

7. OhNoes

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 30 2011 12:17:42
    #

Login to Send PM

1) I got climbup interceptors from usbedbugs.com?

2) The cost of my treatment included mattress encasements from Orkin.

8. Sleepingwithvampbugs

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 30 2011 12:44:41
    #

Login to Send PM

OhNoes - 25 minutes ago  » 
    1) I got climbup interceptors from usbedbugs.com?
    2) The cost of my treatment included mattress encasements from Orkin.

Thats interesting I'll check it out. we have to pay I think 150 more for mattress cover wonder if theres another place to buy them cheaper hmm ill start looking around thank you

9. Sleepingwithvampbugs

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 11 2011 8:39:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay, so update Me and the hubby decided that going with heat would be tghe best way we canceled orkin and set up treatment with a heating company. We figured we are going to shell out this type of money anyhow mine as well do it right the first time. 900.00 for heat teatment and a 2 week guarentee. is that about right? I have apt set for next monday. my computers being lame cant download instructions can someone help with prep pls. I'm going to call pco heat guy later to see if he will drop info off. This guy seems pretty awesome droped of huge zip lock bags to me to put a fresh clean set of clothes in and instructed me to shower and change my clothing and heat dry what i had on including shoes. any how any advice from people thats had heat treatment done before ould be appreciated

10. Sleepingwithvampbugs

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 11 2011 9:10:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh and do i need to treat our car?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,215 posts in 50,141 topics over 155 months by 21,920 of 22,415 members. Latest: Cain69, Bery10, plsnopls