What to do with my shoes?

(4 posts)
  1. freaked out in brooklyn

Deleted Account *do not PM*

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Mar 5 2008 9:42:04
    #

Login to Send PM

I threw away my purses. What I do with my shoes. I can just throw them away. But it would be nice if I don't have to.
    I think I just should probably.
    Any suggestions....

2. completelybuggedout

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Mar 5 2008 9:47:21
    #

Login to Send PM

The whole shoe issue is covered in the facts section on this website. Some people isolate them by only wearing them outside and bagging them before bringing them in if they do at all. Others put them in the oven or the dryer on high heat. Others try the whole spray down with alcohol91 percent and or steri fab. Personally speaking we have bagged the shoes we aren't using, and run gymies through the wash and or dryer every so often. All I can really advise is check the facts and previous posts on the matter and do what you seem most comfortable with for your situation.

3. fightorflight

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Mar 5 2008 18:04:11
    #

Login to Send PM

If the shoes already have bugs in them, wearing them only outside without treating them is probably not a good suggestion. CB is right, though, there are lots of posts & FAQ on this. Short answer seems to be: Treat them by putting in the dryer on a rack. Make sure your dryer is hot and leave them there a while. I would suggest an hour. Or bake them in the oven, monitor for melting or damage. Some folks just spray, but I would be worried that this is only a contact killer and won't reach some bugs or won't kill eggs.

Or bag them securely and leave them that way for 18 months.

4. fightorflight

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Mar 5 2008 20:24:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh yeah, I'll bet you could steam them if you had a good steamer.

So the general answer seems to be: HEAT.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,607 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956