What to do with frameless bed

(3 posts)
  1. pigpenkw

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Nov 5 2008 9:50:31
    #

Login to Send PM

I read from here about putting mineral oil at the bed legs and some here put double-sided tapes around. I'm guessing this is to avoid BB from crawling up the bed from the ground?
    I only sleep on a mattress set (mattress and box) with no frame under the box. That means my bed is always touch the carpeted ground. Is there anything I can do in this case? I have been getting bit when sleeping and caught 2 living BB last night when I attmepted cleaning the bed and frame for the first time.

2. Marixpress

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Nov 5 2008 9:55:46
    #

Login to Send PM

get quality mattress covers for both mattress and box spring. If you do not want to throw out pillows, get zippered pillow covers. Wash & dry all bedding in high high hot hot heat (above 120F). Since you have a carpet, I am not sure the double-sided tape moat would work. Maybe it's time to get a cheap simple metal frame.

3. Livingagain

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Nov 5 2008 10:18:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Reepicheep had a good idea, I thought, about a mattress and box springs on the floor the other day. Look it up, something about plastic under and pesticide soaked fabric taped around. I would try it if I needed to.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,703 posts in 49,532 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,143 members. Latest: shawnpayne1982, JaphaSundog, Missdebra2323