What to do when bedbugs suspected? [question about interceptors]

(3 posts)
  1. acorn11

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Sep 27 2017 21:54:34
    #

Login to Send PM

So, I don't want to bore anyone with too many details but long story short, I suspect I have bed bugs. I just moved into a new apartment and have had bedbug interceptors on my bed since day 2 because I was nervous about getting them. Every couple of days, I wake up with a couple of new bites (first time I found two, then 2 groups of two, then 1 group of two, then 2 groups of three. I haven't seen any bugs or found any bugs in the interceptor in the past month, but I suppose it's possible that a couple got into my bed spring on the first night and have been hanging out there ever since.

My question is, since I have the interceptors on my bed, will that isolate them to my bed? I'm really not enjoying waking up with red itchy welts. I also have interceptors on my couch so am I safe to sleep there for a couple days?

I'm thinking that this might even be a good idea, because it may force a couple bugs out of my box spring and into the interceptors so I'd finally be able to stop wondering.

My bed frame is similar to this one, on castors : https://d118ml9gtswn27.cloudfront.net/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/9/3/935418_twinfullbedframe_1.jpg
    (incase that makes a difference)

2. IckIck

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Oct 3 2017 13:10:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I don't know the answer to your question but you might repost it under a title/subject line that asks for expert help - I think David Cain is the one who knows a lot about the interceptors but others do as well.

IckIck

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Oct 3 2017 18:55:32
    #

Login to Send PM

I changed the header so others know it's about interceptors. The pros and cons of this and some other monitors -- including the theory about isolation-- is covered in the bed bug monitors FAQ, so that may be a good place to start.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,805 posts in 50,043 topics over 155 months by 21,876 of 22,362 members. Latest: jnnafnlys01, simo7, Datnguyen