What To Do Part Deux? [a: images added needing expert ID]

(7 posts)
  1. IsItHopeless

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Oct 11 2014 12:12:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Back again. Hopefully I can get a response. Right now I still have no bites and have seen no new signs crossing fingers. Until I am in the clear does it make since to bag, hot wash and go through the motions until I have proof or just live life as usual but carefully?

As I stated before click here I live in an area/country that has no bug problems, PCO's or sprays. So I am using the spray my family sent me sparingly until more arrives. I also work in a maintenance job where I have to go in peoples home from time to time an use the company car. I have to wear uniform, I also have an active life I go to the personal trainer/gym and sometimes volunteer. All in all I am changing clothes a lot and I use to carry a bag but that is now something I don't do until I am sure it's safe. Right now I am bagging my clothes and place them in the locker and change into my uniform. At the end of the day I leave my uniform in the locker and change into whatever outfit I need to wear for the remaining day. At home I wash all clothes including the clothes I have on and shoes are left in the garage.

What else can I do? I don't want to infect anyone or the car. I think my car might have them so what's the best way to check? Any suggestions?

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Oct 11 2014 23:34:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Not sure where you are, but

As I stated before click here I live in an area/country that has no bug problems, PCO's or sprays.

This is unlikely to be true. It's more likely people don't talk about pest problems. Pests, including bed bugs, are everywhere.

I am not sure where you are but we've heard from people before that no one in their country has bed bugs. (Multiple people from Korea have been told this and reported it here, proving, of course, that it isn't true.) If you can find people who treat the problem locally, it will be a big help. The internet may make this more likely? If you want to PM me with your country, discreetly, I may even be able to help by asking around.

Have you seen any visual signs of bed bugs? (Bed bugs, fecal stains, cast skins or eggs?) If so, can you post a photo for verification?

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. IsItHopeless

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Oct 16 2014 15:09:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, a couple of months back I saw nothing but woke up with welts, sprayed and put down DE. I found a possible cast skin but not sure if it's from a beetle or dehydrated bb since there were no legs or other body parts. http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/ihl2014/media/Cast%20Skins/IMG_1040_zpseee8e9f4.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

Since that time nothing else until now. I found a bug on my bag look like a nymph but when I tried to catch it with tape it got squished pretty bad. Right now I am waiting for BB monitor and beacon. http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/ihl2014/media/Cast%20Skins/IMG_1013_zpsa691c9ca.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Oct 16 2014 16:28:04
    #

Login to Send PM

I can't see the suspected nymph photo clearly enough. Let's see if the experts can ID it.

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Oct 16 2014 16:29:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Did you just wake up with skin reactions the one time, months ago? If so, you could have been bitten hours, days, or even a week or more before, in another location.

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Oct 16 2014 16:35:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

There is not really enough detail for a 100% ID but from what I can see I would say its over 95% not likley to be a bedbug. The coloration and distribution of color is not correct.

The sample on the tape is not detailed enough to anything of value.

A better image would help but is most likley to confirm the negative ID.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  7. IsItHopeless

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Oct 18 2014 5:24:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugsonme I did wake up with skin reactions mostly I would've have written it off as a delayed reaction bite since mites are also a problem in my area and I jog when the weather's permits. But when I was at my family's home in the States I went to bed the first night and woke up with bites the following day and after 3-7 days later new bites followed.

Thank you David unfortunately I do not have a better photo. I squished the bug pretty bad when I picked it up with tape. Hopefully I won't see another but if I do I will pick it up a gently.

I just bought a Passive and Active monitor and when it arrives I will post the results.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,274 posts in 50,155 topics over 155 months by 21,924 of 22,420 members. Latest: duracell, Parawail, Quiltergirl