What To Do?

(1 post)
  1. IsItHopeless

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Oct 4 2014 14:46:07
    #

Login to Send PM

A couple of months ago I visited my family in the States not knowing that they had bed bugs. My mother didn't want to tell me because she thinks I wouldn't have visited( I stay in a different country) plus she thought they were gone. They have tackled the problem in the past and the one time I stayed I bagged up all my belongings and of course this made my family angry because they exclaimed they didn't have anything.

We'll this time around I visited again only to wake up with welts on my arm and extreme itchness but I didn't think the worse although it was in the back of my mind. A couple of days later more welts appeared and my sister finally told me they had bed bugs last summer but they got rid of them. We'll I told my mom and she looked in the guest bedroom with my dad and come to find out there were six bedbugs by the wall. I left and came back later that day to see my dad spraying the mattress with my stuff siting right by the bedroom. I picked up my stuff and told them they needed to spray the whole house which they exclaimed was ridiculous since they only were found in the bedroom I was in. Unfortunately, there was nothing I could do so I just washed all my clothes in hot water/dryer on high heat and bought a Packtite like heater and heated my belongs.

When I got home I left all my belongings in the garage and washed all my clothes I had on that night. The following day I washed all my clothes again and went through the stuff I couldn't wash. For a month I freaked out and the country I live in doesn't really have bed bugs as a problem in my area so there are no PCO's I can contact. I sprayed down my stuff and for a couple of months no bites or anything. I have very sensitive skin so one bug bite will make my skin react in a couple of hours so I was relieved after 58 days of nothing to be free.

Unfortunately, I found a bug in my bathroom and though it was a nymph I freaked out tried to id and found out it was a book lice. But a couple of days later I got in my car and noticed the window was cracked. I went to work and put my bag down and noticed something clear white, small crawling on it. I looked closer at it and it didn't resemble the bug in the bathroom. The body was similar to a bed bug nymph but it didn't have a yellow tint more clear white, and it's antenna was longer more vertical and not short horizontal like the picture's I googled. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a tape and squished it a little with the paper I found so I couldn't really id after that. I put in on tape but it would impossible for a PCO to identify without a magnification unit nearby. All week I have been looking in my car, garage, have spayed down my car/garage, washed clothes, prayed, freaked out and repeat. I also have no bites and have not seen cast skins or live samples since that incident.

Am I just freaking out? I believe it is one of the reason my family didn't want to tell me because I can become obsessive but six years of them tackling this problem to no avail would make anyone paranoid. Also, what bugs look similar to bed bugs esp. nymphs. I know that book lice can resemble the nymphs but from the pictures I googled they look more like ants than bedbugs. Bat bugs also resemble them but I can't find picture of the nymphs only the adult bugs. Can baby spiders resemble them? We have a problem with spiders and there are a lot of birds/birds nest near my office that may carry bird mites or bat bugs.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,666 posts in 48,867 topics over 151 months by 21,454 of 21,857 members. Latest: frejohansen, Bedbugs47, Ccronk22@gmail.com