Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

What the PO said about bites (and can I bite him??)

(5 posts)
  1. BeeBee

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Jul 8 2008 20:52:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, I finally met with the only PO up here with "quality" bed bug experience and he insisted I didn't need an inspection. I couldn't have bed bugs because my bites are wrong.
    "Bed bug bites don't cause welts, they aren't upraised," he said. "They are more like a rash or hives."
    He said to check mattress, boxsprings and bed area. "You'd see them if you have them," he said. "They're big, about the size of tics. You can't miss them."

If I haven't see them, then I don't have them, he said, he said, said he.

The guy acted as if I were some neurotic woman pretending to have bed bugs. As if I like vacuuming all the time! As if I enjoy being afraid to sleep! As if I get pleasure from washing my sheets and blankets every other night!

Please!!

Have no idea what to do next, sigh, sigh.

2. Itchybutdealing

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Jul 8 2008 21:27:00
    #

Login to Send PM

I know that it is not recommended here but you may need to take a day to self treat your whole apartment. Steam, Vacuum, Bedlam, DE. Make sure kid is not around! Don't worry too much, I have had two profs in to my place in NYC Bedbug central and 4 months later we still have them!

Good Luck:)

3. heartattackhelpme

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Jul 9 2008 2:21:11
    #

Login to Send PM

I am doing everything and working on my own too.
    I did not see anything for 5 months. When they grow you will start to see them.
    I set out traps. Sticky paper and I caught several nymphs.
    With the DE I saw several dead adults and then I saw one live one.
    I have been caulking up every hole and light socket.
    I have had dogs in to inspect, thrown out my couch and chair and encased beds.
    I bought a steamer and heat up all of my left over chairs. I have found one dead on in my pants before putting them on even though it was in a ziploc.
    I have hired pco 3 times and a thermal treatment. I am working with dogs now too and extra spot treatments.
    The bb bites are dying down but I still get them not as often thank god.
    I am treating everyting.
    This is very difficult to treat. I can not let up on the ziplocs or protection, dryers on every clothing everyday or they seem to come back to bite.

4. Bites44

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Jul 9 2008 9:17:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Well BeeBee, looks like your PCO needs to go to Bug School, haha. And quickly too. Wadda mean, you would see them if you had them. What rot, eh?

Thanks for sharing!

5. BeeBee

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Jul 9 2008 17:15:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Yeah, well the bugs got the last laugh, actually. Woke up this morning with five new lumps over my shoulders and neck.

I feel angry and frustrated. There are no dog sniffers up here, no one really qualified, just me getting bit.

Worse yet, I can't even order the products I need to do it myself. Delta Dust, Suspend and most others can't be shipped to Alaska.

I'm using Diatect right now, and DE earth. It keeps them at bay but is NOT enough to kill them all off.

My son doesn't react to the bites. He's had a few in clusters but they fade after a few hours.

I'm trying not to let it get me down. I've hiked to the top of three mountains in the past week so it's not like I'm sitting around obsessing. Still I'm worried. Soon it will be winter in Alaska and dark almost all the time, a bed bug's fantasy.

What in the world will I do then?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,434 posts in 48,821 topics over 151 months by 21,437 of 21,839 members. Latest: bedbugtoronto, stinson, WendyW