Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Resources

What stage and gender?

(6 posts)
  1. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Sep 17 2017 16:35:52
    #

Login to Send PM

So, it's not over after all. A month has gone quietly by with no bites or sightings... then boom- this jerk appears.

I'm curious if one of our pros can tell me stage of life and male/female?

(Series of 6 photos, with the bug on a piece of lint roller paper, zooming closer in each photo)
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/157967708@N08/

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
    My profession is medical, which is where I am confident in any advice I give, however rare it may be.
  2. bedbugsbugme

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Sep 17 2017 17:32:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Adult male would be my guess

I'm not an expert. Just sharing what I learned from my experience.
  3. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Sep 17 2017 18:16:08
    #

Login to Send PM

I, too thought male.... the age/stage threw me though. It's VERY small, smaller than other adults I've found, but has the dark coloring... runt of the litter? Lol

4. bedbugsbugme

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Sep 17 2017 19:24:01
    #

Login to Send PM

It could be rrcently fed 5th instar too. Hopefully Lou chimes in. Its so dark but who knows.

Ps im sorry they're still around but it could be a straggler. Was it moving fast? Or was it easy to catch?

5. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Sep 17 2017 21:47:06
    #

Login to Send PM

bedbugsbugme - 2 hours ago  » 
    It could be rrcently fed 5th instar too. Hopefully Lou chimes in. Its so dark but who knows.
    Ps im sorry they're still around but it could be a straggler. Was it moving fast? Or was it easy to catch?

It didn't move at all until I sprayed it with alcohol- then it's front set of legs went crazy for about 10 seconds. After that, it was done. I saw it in the crease of a chair, and shone a torch light on it, and even then it was still.

6. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Sep 18 2017 1:40:53
    #

Login to Send PM

bedbugsbugme - 6 hours ago  » 

Adult male. Can't be any nymph stage because wings (hemelytral pads) are visible. The rear of the bug has the male characteristic. There is variation in the size of adults.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,319 posts in 49,236 topics over 152 months by 21,584 of 22,005 members. Latest: Robbysee, Elephant88, Nobugsplsto